New to H1-B Please Help

Ozra

Hi,
I'm a Canadian who graduated from an american school and am in the last 3 months of my occupational practical training. My Employer has offered me a job for next year but I would have to get an H1-B visa. My employer wants me to do all the research before coming back to them with an acceptance of their offer.

I am totally clueless on how this all works. I've gone to a couple of websites but I feel just as confused as before.

If someone could help me to understand what exactly is involved in getting the H1-B, how much it costs, how long it takes and what my next step should be that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much.
:confused:

It is the responsibility of the employer to file. I do not understand why you should do any more than read the USCIS website on the program to understand your rights and obligations.

You employer should enlist an attorney to do the filings. There is really nothing for you to do other than supply all documents requested by wither the attorney or your employer. You should have your own attorney read and advise you on any contract you are asked to sign before you do so.

Your employer could file as early as April 1 for a start date of Oct 1, 2011. He should file for premium processing to insure you can take advantage of "cap-gap" upon approval.

Hi,
I'm a Canadian who graduated from an american school and am in the last 3 months of my occupational practical training. My Employer has offered me a job for next year but I would have to get an H1-B visa. My employer wants me to do all the research before coming back to them with an acceptance of their offer.

I am totally clueless on how this all works. I've gone to a couple of websites but I feel just as confused as before.
---- US employer who wants to file H1 for you will ask your education documents copy and his lawyer will file the H1 petition with USCIS and if gets approved then employer will let you know. if your Employer does not know how to file H1 for you then he should hire good Lawyer and lawyer will let him know what documents He needs from You and US employer and also will inform his Fees+USCIS fees
If someone could help me to understand what exactly is involved in getting the H1-B, how much it costs, how long it takes and what my next step should be that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much.
:confused:
below link may help you
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/H-1B/h1b_fy05_characteristics.pdf