New TN Visa for Existing GC via CP

SudP

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Here is my situation - I am currently in Canada and waiting for my citizenship. I worked in US for 10 years with H1B visa and my ex-US-employer had applied for my GC (EB3) in 2004 via CP which is at NVC waiting for my priority date to be current.

My question -
Can I apply for new TN Visa with a different US-employer once I get my canadian citizenship? Will my pending GC application via CP affect the approval of the TN Visa at the border?

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, because you have not filed I-485, but are waiting for CP, you are by definition not intending to immigrate when you enter US on TN -- until you go for the Consular Interview (at which point you will either get or be denied GC).

Of course, the other issue you face is the viability of your GC process....

Thanks so much nelsona for the reply.

So does it mean that going for TN visa can jeoperdize the GC application?

not at all, i'm referring to the fact that you appear to no longer work for your sponsor.

I will joining back the sponsoring employer once I get the GC approved. I am avoiding working for them prior to getting the GC because it might then cause issues for getting TN as I already have a GC application pending through them.

Thanks again,

But you just said you are getting a new TN with another compny, which is fine.

So not working for all this time was kind of silly.

Just wanted to try out canadian work culture.

You have been a great help, I have been reading some of your posts and they have been very informative and helpful. Please keep the good work on.

Thanks so much.