New Timeline thread for San Antonio & Austin area

Application 01-18-07
Received by USCIS on 01-23-07
Return Receipt Letter from immigration dated 01-30-07
Letter for Fingerprinting 01-31-07
Fingerprinting Appointment 02-16-07
Interview Appointment Letter, received 04-25-07
Interview: 05-02-07

I had with me two "three-rings" binders chocked full with documentation, marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, 5 years of income tax papers, bank statements, car insurance with my wife and my names on it. ... the works. All in original, copies, sorted, color coded, organized, all that was missing was a big red bow on it.
Well, guess what, I didn't even get to pull the binders out of my briefcase. QUOTE]

Congratulations on a smooth experience!

Were you following specific instructions from USCIS to attend your interview with such a comprehensive set of evidence, or acting spontaneously from prudence and/or prior advice?

Waiting for Interview and oath

Thank you for this information! I really hope I won't get bogged down by this.

For anyone likely to find themselves in the same boat, the dermatologist was most sympathetic and supplied copious samples of prescription creams for frequent use, recommended keeping hands out of water (gloves) and nightly intensive applications of vaseline and gloves to sleep in, all in hopes of presenting less cracked-looking fingerprints. I have until Saturday-week for the treatment to work.

Can't help mulling this over, though.

If I get the same pessimistic feedback during the session as I did the first time, perhaps I should take the initiative and go and get my background check done locally and take it to an info-pass meeting? Would they forward it to be associated with my N400? It seems ridiculous to keep waiting the extra month after the second and then maybe the third try, just to find out I could have failed again.

Surely there must be people who have suffered injury and can't get their prints done in the first place. What procedures do they have to follow? Experience, anybody?? :confused:

Should I schedule an info pqass for my parents since it has been over 70 days for my moms fingerprinting and my dad 30 days and waiting for oath letter?

Application 01-18-07
Interview: 05-02-07

I had with me two "three-rings" binders chocked full with documentation, marriage certificate, kids birth certificates, 5 years of income tax papers, bank statements, car insurance with my wife and my names on it. ... the works. All in original, copies, sorted, color coded, organized, all that was missing was a big red bow on it.
Well, guess what, I didn't even get to pull the binders out of my briefcase. QUOTE]

Congratulations on a smooth experience!

Were you following specific instructions from USCIS to attend your interview with such a comprehensive set of evidence, or acting spontaneously from prudence and/or prior advice?

No, I was just following my own instinct, and i wanted to have all the docs I could have needed, without showing up at the interview with a U-HAUL ..:p :)

I was really easy indeed, and for anyone else, your experience may be different, so be ready.

Hi Folks,
Here is my time line:-

PD:-02/13/2007
ND:-02/23/2007
FP:-03/10/2007
IV:-04/13/2007 --Recommended for approval
Oath:-???

Wife's time line

PD:-03/26/2007
ND:-04/09/2007
FP:-04/26/2007
IL:???
IV:??

Nothing from San Antonio DO yet..

Hi I just got home and I passed my N-400 interview. Afterwards the interviewer hand me my Oath Taking Letter she said it will be for Tue May 22 1:30 pm (She just wrote down via Hand Delivery). I'm so happy.

Gud Luck to every one, its easy don't get nevous as long as you memorize the civic question you will be fine.

Hi I just got home and I passed my N-400 interview. Afterwards the interviewer hand me my Oath Taking Letter she said it will be for Tue May 22 1:30 pm (She just wrote down via Hand Delivery). I'm so happy.

Gud Luck to every one, its easy don't get nevous as long as you memorize the civic question you will be fine.

Wow ... congrats .... you are lucky. I was told 60 - 90 days (San Antonio). Which city are you in ????

Hi Folks,
Here is my time line:-

PD:-02/13/2007
ND:-02/23/2007
FP:-03/10/2007
IV:-04/13/2007 --Recommended for approval
Oath:-???

Wife's time line

PD:-03/26/2007
ND:-04/09/2007
FP:-04/26/2007
IL:???
IV:??

Nothing from San Antonio DO yet..

Hey TSCwaiterdude, please let me know when your wife gets the letter for the interview, so I can expect it as well... I was fingerprinted on 5/2. Thanks!

Just filed N-400

Hi there,
I am returning to this portal after a long time. Good news is that I recently completed 5 yrs after my green card and have mailed in my N-400. I am not sure about the current time lines in TX svc center, San Antonio and seems like there are not many posts here.

There are many new terms, if any one can explain me what is PD and on an average how much time San Antonio is taking from mail in date to Oath date.

Also my passport is getting expired in next 8 months, do I have to renew my passport? I remember reading expired passports are also fine..

Here is my details.

Application Mailed in Date - 05/09/2007
Check was cashed - 05/11/2007
Receipt Date - 05/23/2007
Finger Print Date - ??
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

I havent recevied any thing after that. Is there any thing to worry about?

Thanks,
Dipal

Last edited by a moderator:
What i do know:

PD: Priority Date

I think it is taking about 6-8 months if you dont get stuck in the name check. Others can tell you better about this.

Don't know about passport renewal.

Hi there,
I am returning to this portal after a long time. Good news is that I recently completed 5 yrs after my green card and have mailed in my N-400. I am not sure about the current time lines in TX svc center, San Antonio and seems like there are not many posts here.

There are many new terms, if any one can explain me what is PD and on an average how much time San Antonio is taking from mail in date to Oath date.

Also my passport is getting expired in next 8 months, do I have to renew my passport? I remember reading expired passports are also fine..

Here is my details.

Receipt Date - ??
Finger Print Date - ??
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

I havent recevied any thing after that. Is there any thing to worry about?

Thanks,
Dipal

PD = Priority Date. Here is my San Antonio timeline which is pretty typical, I think (for that office).

Regional office: Mesquite, Texas
Local office: San Antonio, Texas

• 28th July 06: N-400 application mailed
• 7th August 06: Resubmitted with correct check (first check based on incorrect data on USCIS web site)
• 9th August 06: Priority Date and Application Number issued (& check cashed)
• 15th August 06: Fingerprint (FP) notification (6 days from Priority Date; missed FP date due to absence from town
• 31st August 06: Request to reschedule FP
• 5th September 06: Proactive visit to the FP office as a “walk-in” (27 days from Priority Date)
• 20th April 07: Notice to attend interview (227 days from FP; 254 days from Priority Date. Note: file was not removed from USCIS status site)
• 9th May 07: Scheduled interview date. (273 days from Priority Date).

Lessons learned:

1. My straightforward situation has meant that the process has, so far, not been difficult. No lawyer needed so far. However, I might use a lawyer for complex or ambiguous situations
2. Be prepared for the USCIS to operate faster than you might have assumed. If away from town do not have post office hold mail but have friend/relative receive mail and check all USCIS communications.
3. In emergencies, just showing up at the FP office as a “walk-in” does work.
4. As the Khanna forum has indicated, removal of the case status from the USCIS website is not a reliable indicator that the interview letter is imminent.

What the return receipt look like

Hi guys,
I just received the return receipt. It gives me the receipt number and all. But it does not say about the finger printing. Instead it says we will let you know about your interview date. It should not take more then 90 days for the process....

Is this normal? what about the finger printing?

Thanks,
Finger Print Date - ??
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

Expect processing times to be rather fast.
Here is my time line, so far:
(San Antonio DO )
Application 01-18-07
Interview : 05-02-07
Oath ceremony: 05-24-07 ( I missed it , read my other post, my attorney mailed me the letter late .. :( but that is another story in another post)

Update on my case

Received the finger print letter.

Thanks,
Finger Print Date - 06/15/2007
Interview Date - ??
Oath Date - ??

PD Dec 19
FP Jan 10
ID Jun 14

Any ideas about the next OD in San Antorio /Austin DO? Is there one every month?

Last edited by a moderator: