New Timeline thread for San Antonio & Austin area

Infopass

I have an infopass tomorrow to find out the oath date. 'll update once it's over.
Interview completed: Feb 16

I have an infopass tomorrow to find out the oath date. 'll update once it's over.
Interview completed: Feb 16

Feb 16th? Right between my wife and I.

I'll be curious to know what comes of your infopass tomorrow - please let us know as soon as you are able to.

Citz Test

My father is scheduled for interview on April 6th,

He got a letter yesterday asking that he is selected to take the new Format test.

Does anyone know what thst is, and do we have the option to take the Original test

Timeline

ND Jan 15th 2007
FP - Skipped since over 75 years
Interview scheduled April 6th

My father is scheduled for interview on April 6th,

He got a letter yesterday asking that he is selected to take the new Format test.

Does anyone know what thst is, and do we have the option to take the Original test

Timeline

ND Jan 15th 2007
FP - Skipped since over 75 years
Interview scheduled April 6th

I took the new format test. It's similar to the old test in that the questions are verbally asked and the IO marks the answer. There are also 10 questions and you have to get 6 correct. The major difference is that the questions themselves are a little different from the old one - more in tune with civics than with History and the answers you can give are a little more flexible - not the yes/no ones like the old test. You can opt of the old test - just tell the IO that during the int.

Hope this helps.

Please ask your dad to find out about where/when oaths are happening - everyone here seems to not have a clue about that.

oath date May 11

Just got back from the infopass. Initially, the IO told that my security check and everything else is done and am on the queue for the oath. He also told that he can not say about the oath date since there are lot of people in the queue. After insisting, he called up the scheduler and found out that I am on May 11 ceromony in Austin. They haven't yet started sending out the letters and I can expect to get the letter by mid April. I guess everyone from Austin who had interviews in Feb/March will have the oath on May 11 in Austin.

Just got back from the infopass. Initially, the IO told that my security check and everything else is done and am on the queue for the oath. He also told that he can not say about the oath date since there are lot of people in the queue. After insisting, he called up the scheduler and found out that I am on May 11 ceromony in Austin. They haven't yet started sending out the letters and I can expect to get the letter by mid April. I guess everyone from Austin who had interviews in Feb/March will have the oath on May 11 in Austin.

austin183, sounds like good news for you!

I am doing an infopass on Monday 4/2, I have a few questions for you:

1) Did you ask him why they are not scheduling you/us for the April San Antonio oath? I know a few Austin people who went to the SA oath this month! Any real reasons why they are pushing us all into May?

2) You said "initially" the IO told you that your sec, checks were done - so, are they all done (FP, FBI NC, IBIS NC)? A lot of times the IO's don't give the full picture. Did you ask him if San Antonio only schedules interviews after all sec. checks are done? If you look at the link in my sig., I got conflicting info. when I called the 800#

3) Whe you created your infopass, did you select "speak to IO" or "question about my case"? Did you get to talk to the IO who interviewed you or just any IO?

4) How easy is it to have them dig into your case vs. them simply telling you it's "pending" or "scheduled for oath"? Can you get them to actually look at your paper file? The reason being that I don't want this to be a wasted trip for me to drive all the way down there just to be told "pending".

Thanks for taking the time to update us!

Last edited by a moderator:
austin183, sounds like good news for you!

I am doing an infopass on Monday 4/2, I have a few questions for you:

1) Did you ask him why they are not scheduling you/us for the April San Antonio oath? I know a few Austin people who went to the SA oath this month! Any real reasons why they are pushing us all into May?

I asked about it. He told that there is oath ceremony every month in SA and they are not able to put people around SA into the slot. So, they don't want me in SA for Oath.

2) You said "initially" the IO told you that your sec, checks were done - so, are they all done (FP, FBI NC, IBIS NC)? A lot of times the IO's don't give the full picture. Did you ask him if San Antonio only schedules interviews after all sec. checks are done? If you look at the link in my sig., I got conflicting info. when I called the 800#

I did not ask specifically about the sec checks. He told everything is clear.

3) Whe you created your infopass, did you select "speak to IO" or "question about my case"?

Speak to IO

Did you get to talk to the IO who interviewed you or just any IO?

It was just the IO sitting at the window. They will give you a number when you enter and they will call you by the window. I guess the interviewers are on top floor in their rooms.

4) How easy is it to have them dig into your case vs. them simply telling you it's "pending" or "scheduled for oath"? Can you get them to actually look at your paper file? The reason being that I don't want this to be a wasted trip for me to drive all the way down there just to be told "pending".

I don't think they will look into the paper file. He looked at the computer and said my case is pending. I guess if there are any issues, they'll look into the paper file. They haven't yet scheduled me for the oath. They will start scheduling only by mid April. He told me for sure that I will be in the May 11 ceremony. I forgot to ask about the location. I guess you can make sure if it is in LBJ or somewhere else.

Thanks for taking the time to update us!

Thanks

Guys,

wanted to updated my timeline (see below) with passport info. Since i had a business travel coming up, i used 'A rush passport' (passport expedite services based out of austin) and they were able to get my passport in 3 days. Now need to get my dual citizenship process kickstared (no end in sight to this process:))

here is my timeline

PD: Oct 12th, 2006
FP: Oct 21st, 2006
Interview: Jan 21st, 2007
Oath: March 23rd, 2007
Passport applied: March 24th (expedited)
Passport received: March 29th

InfoPass today

I just returned from my infopass meeting. This is how it went:

As soon as my wife and I arrived at the USCIS building we were asked to stand in line at the counter. There was 1 officer behind the counter but there were 2 lines - 1 for "walk-in's" (didn't know you could do that :rolleyes: ) and 1 for "infopass holders"! As soon as I saw that I thought oh no! "Here we go making an appt. but then these people just show up and stand in line". But it wasn't quite that simple. The infopass line was given preference and the officer signaled us to step forward to him within 5 mins. of waiting. He asked as what we were there for. I told him - to check on our case status. He asked for my A#, briefly checked some stuff in the system then took our infopass printout, gave us a number and asked us to be seated and wait till our name was called.

We waited for about 15 mins. until our number was called. We proceeded to the booth, gave the IO our indentifying info. and told her we came to check on the status of our appl. and to see if/when we were scheduled for oath. She then looked at some detail on the screen and said that we are both in line for oath scheduling. I asked her if the background checks, FBI/IBIS name checks, etc. were cleared and she said yes very confidently. At that point I referred her to my infamous conversation (see here) with the 800# IO and she looked straight at me and said "You are cleared and just waiting to be scheduled for oath". She was not a talkative person - not rude or anything - just not talkative, so I had to do all the prodding and wanted to make sure I got the full scoop and not some standard bologna. She then said that 99% of the cases are only scheduled after all background checks have been completed. I then asked her about where the oath would be and she said Austin. I asked why not the April one in SA and she seemed to not really know. I asked her if she was sure about Austin bec. we only have 1 oath per yr. in Austin and she said that is not true - that there are more than 1 per yr. At that point I wasn't sure if she was correct, so I prodded her again and she sounded very confident about an Austin oath and said to wait until we receive the N-445......

austin183 mentioned that he was able to get the IO to call the scheduler and confirm his oath date! I tried doing that and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. I'd be curious to know some more details about how austin183 did this!

All in all, it was kind of a 130 mile wasted trip from the standpoint that we didn't get any definitive oath date, but what it accomplised was giving me some peace of mind that everything is clear (including the FBI checks) and we're just waiting on oaths. I have to admit that there is still this element of uncertainty in the event they don't include us in the May Austin oath - then we are stuck scrambling again....

I guess the 800# IO's are full of it :mad:

Austin Oath Venu

Just found out that the Austin oath venue is going to be the Delco Center between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on May 11th.

Thanks for the update !

Mario,

Thank you very much for keeping us all updated. Appreciate it.

rwsh - updates?

rwsh,

You said that 4/6/2007 is when you'll get the "ball rolling" .... any update? What exactly are you planning since you can't really do much legally without having gone through an interview?

At any rate, I really hope things start happening for you! I know how frustrating this whole process can be :(

Info

Mario123 - How did you know the date and time and also the place? Where did you find the information? .... Just curious

Urgent: Inierview Not passed-Pending Docs

My father who had is interview On 4/6/07. passed the new 10 questions test
had the interview but the IO wrote that case is pending unless we submit following docs by May 5th. Once we submit these docs they will send us the oath letter.

tax Returns, telephone bills, house deeds, apt rental bills.

My father is retired over >70 years , he lives with my sister and me and goes back home for medical check ups since he has no insurance, no income.

My question is none of these exist for my father, what should we do in this case. ? Can we write a affidavate letter stating he lives with my sister.

My Mom is in same case pending interview date. :(

Urgent: Inierview Not passed-Pending Docs

had the interview but the IO wrote that case is pending unless we submit following docs by May 5th. Once we submit these docs they will send us the oath letter.

My father is retired over >70 years , he lives with my sister and me and goes back home for medical check ups since he has no insurance, no income.

My question is none of these exist for my father, what should we do in this case. ? Can we write a affidavate letter stating he lives with my sister.

Hi Jarih,
As suggested my you in your postne can give a sworn affidavit of his situation ( living with his sister and she supports him) and his place of residence to the USCIS. If he has not filed tax returns after residing here he must expalin his situation to both IRS and USCIS. Hope this helps.

If I were you, I would not simply send an affidavit because per USCIS laws/rules it might not be enough or might not be what they are looking for since they specifically asked for the tax returns, bills, etc. I'm pretty sure they know from looking at his application that he's retired and not getting an income. I can tell you that there *might* be a red flag here because even though your dad is totally depended on his kids, the USCIS/IRS will assume that he is getting at least some income from somewhere and should have reported it. Just a word of caution here. As someone mentioned on this board - some people enter the Naturalization process in a very naive manner not knowing the consequences of any missteps.

Pay the $150/$300 and get an initial consultation from a good immig. attorney. If you are not satisfied with the response from the first attorney, get 2-3 more consultations from other attorneys. I don't know how complicated your dad's case could get, but typically in the more complex ones, it's always advisable to get opinions from at least 2-3 attorney's.

One thing to remember (and I don't care if I hurt the feelings of some on this board who happen to be in this profession) - some attorneys are sleazy. No way to sugar coat it. They are not always looking out for you even though they might sweet talk you into thinking that they are. They are in it for the $$$$. I know this from personal experience - getting burned TWICE by 2 different lawyers! So trust your instincts or ask friends for recommendations.

If the case is that simple, then it's $150 well spent and you won't need to engage a full time attorney. If it's not, then you'll be happy you listened to me and got one in the first place :D

Updates anyone?

We are officially within a month of the Austin oath date - we should start receiving oath letters (N-445's) in the mail this week. Typically they are sent out 3-4 weeks before the ceremony.

Please update this thread if you receive your N-445 or even any other info. like interviews/infopass appointments.

My N-400 timeline. Anxiously waiting

Here's my timeline:

3/23 - Express mailed N-400 application along with cover letter, marriage cert., joint bank account verification from the bank, joint health insurance, joint car insurance, joint car loan, copy of husband's naturalization cert, front and back copy of my greencard, check for $400, 2 passport photos

3/27 - Check was cashed

4/07 - Received receipt of application and case number. Went on https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp to check my case status online and signed up to get email notification whenever case is updated

4/08 - Received finger-print notice letter. Finger-print is scheduled in San Antonio on 4/25.

4/25 - Finger-print

(to be continued)