New thread to track NE transfers

WHen did you find out your NC was cleared? I hope you didn't mean that you NC was cleared 9 months ago. My understanding is that they don't send out FP any more unless everything is ready for adjudication. I am in the same boat - NC just got cleared and waiting for FP. I am hoping that I can get the FP notice soon!

I think someone else said that the receipt date from the original application will apply, not 3/5/2007.

My attorney provided me with the information, they are a pretty good firm and I trust them. All I know is they said it cleared, I don't know how long it took or at what point in the application process it happened.
I hope its true that the original application date still holds at the NSC. No offense to those on the forum but I want to hear that also from my attorney before I get my hopes up, if they confirm that I will post here.

I feel for all you guys who's NC takes years.

My attorney provided me with the information, they are a pretty good firm and I trust them. All I know is they said it cleared, I don't know how long it took or at what point in the application process it happened.
I hope its true that the original application date still holds at the NSC. No offense to those on the forum but I want to hear that also from my attorney before I get my hopes up, if they confirm that I will post here.

I feel for all you guys who's NC takes years.

When did they tell you it was cleared? Was it recent?

I think Calbears said that he/she heard from his/her attorney that the original date would be used.

Same here...

Hi,

We got an email on 5th saying mine and my spouse cases were moved to NE. I am surprised why they did that because more than a month back when I inquired with CSC about the status I got a response saying that our name checks were completed and a final decision should be made in 60 days. If that's the case then why the heck did they move the case...why didn't they just keep it in CSC and make a decision :mad: .

And now I have no idea how long this NE blackhole is going to take. I have already waited more than 2 years for my name check to clear. My I-485 RD is Dec 2004.

Here is the message I got from CSC on the case status check: (I am not even sure if this message is really true since last year also I got a message from CSC saying our name checks were completed but then it out to be wrong)

"Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your client’s I-485 applications. The I-485s’ will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The files will than be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days."

Sincerely,

Officer C. Chen
California Service Certer
USCIS

Hi,

We got an email on 5th saying mine and my spouse cases were moved to NE. I am surprised why they did that because more than a month back when I inquired with CSC about the status I got a response saying that our name checks were completed and a final decision should be made in 60 days. If that's the case then why the heck did they move the case...why didn't they just keep it in CSC and make a decision :mad: .

And now I have no idea how long this NE blackhole is going to take. I have already waited more than 2 years for my name check to clear. My I-485 RD is Dec 2004.

Here is the message I got from CSC on the case status check: (I am not even sure if this message is really true since last year also I got a message from CSC saying our name checks were completed but then it out to be wrong)

"Visas are available and all security checks have been cleared at this time for your client’s I-485 applications. The I-485s’ will be pulled from the file room and forwarded to the monthly processing shelf. The files will than be assigned to an officer for review. A decision or transaction should take place within 60 days."

Sincerely,

Officer C. Chen
California Service Certer
USCIS

This really SUCKS! I am in the same boat except that my name check clearance was slightly more recent that yours. I guess we are all in the indefinite wait again. At least in the past they gave us a reason (Name check pending!!) but now we know nothing about the delay!

I created a new thread in NSC asking people who got transferred and approved to post their details. So far, NOTHING! That means no one who was transferred in the past have been approved. This is depressing! :mad:

Though my case is not yet transfered from Vermont to Nebraska but I think this a standard procedure now since both TSC and NSC centers are only allowed to process and adjudicate 485 applications. I had sent a mail to congress man to check when visa numbers can be available for my PD and I got following response ;
"I checked with the Nebraska Service Center and there is no way to determine when visa numbers will be available for you. There is nothing to be done except wait. At this point, your file is still located at the Vermont Service Center where the I-485 applications were originally filed. When visa numbers do become available, your file will be transferred to the Nebraska Service Center where the applications will be adjudicated. This is standard procedure. "

Though my case is not yet transfered from Vermont to Nebraska but I think this a standard procedure now since both TSC and NSC centers are only allowed to process and adjudicate 485 applications. I had sent a mail to congress man to check when visa numbers can be available for my PD and I got following response ;
"I checked with the Nebraska Service Center and there is no way to determine when visa numbers will be available for you. There is nothing to be done except wait. At this point, your file is still located at the Vermont Service Center where the I-485 applications were originally filed. When visa numbers do become available, your file will be transferred to the Nebraska Service Center where the applications will be adjudicated. This is standard procedure. "

Thanks for the information IND77. I think the question we all have here is how long we have to wait after the transfer. Also, others have said that our original I485 receipt date would be used after the transfer, but since no transferred case have reported approval, I am worried that they are using our transfer date as the receipt date for processing at NSC. That would really stink. If your case was filed in 2004 and just got name check cleared, you would think that not too many cases would be ahead of you. But now, it's a question mark, because you may have to wait until they start processing 2007 cases to get to your case.

I will have more relief when I see the recently transferred and name check cleared and visa number available cases start getting approved.

When did they tell you it was cleared? Was it recent?

I think Calbears said that he/she heard from his/her attorney that the original date would be used.

Yes, they told me recently but then again it was only recently I inquired as to if my NC had cleared. So I'm not a very good datapoint I'm afraid.

If the original RD is used, then I assume we should not loose out to cases already at the NSC with the exceptionof any transportation and logistical delays associated with transferring 1000's of paper files.

I will have more relief when I see the recently transferred and name check cleared and visa number available cases start getting approved.

Yes once someone whose case was transfered in Feb/March 2007 from CSC to NSC is approved and is good enough to post up their details it should be very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information IND77. I think the question we all have here is how long we have to wait after the transfer. Also, others have said that our original I485 receipt date would be used after the transfer, but since no transferred case have reported approval, I am worried that they are using our transfer date as the receipt date for processing at NSC. That would really stink. If your case was filed in 2004 and just got name check cleared, you would think that not too many cases would be ahead of you. But now, it's a question mark, because you may have to wait until they start processing 2007 cases to get to your case.

Even if your cases are transfered to NSC/TSC you always keep the original RD/ND. What is your PD ? Hope you get approval soon. :)

Even if your cases are transfered to NSC/TSC you always keep the original RD/ND. What is your PD ? Hope you get approval soon. :)

My PD is June 2002 EB2 current. Took me three years to get my labor and two years to get my NC cleared.

Just wait for the Transfer Notice from CSC to see what it is said on it. I have no idea if NSC will send us a new receipt notice to indicate NSC has received the transferred case.
Processing time in NSC is not a problem, but be aware that NSC has been tough for a long time in RFE, which is not usually issued by other 3 service centers for the same matter.

When I did my finger print, I saw the address showed on ASC computer was different from my home address, neither was my lawyer's office address where I received my FP notice. It was a place I've never resided at.

Had to called CIS to make corrections. Anyway a little bit disappointed how I cases was dealt with.

Has anyone else gotten any LUDs since the transfer? My I485 got transferred on 3/2 like everyone else and has not gotten and LUDs since then.

But my AP3 was approved on 3/6. I got LUDs on 3/7, 3/8, 3/9 on the already approved AP. Is this somehow related to my I485? Why do they keep updating the already approved case? I have not seen the daily LUDs like this on an already approved case. Anyone else with similar experience or have any thoughts on this? My NC is cleared and PD is current. Cased filed at CSC in July 2005.

Has anyone else gotten any LUDs since the transfer? My I485 got transferred on 3/2 like everyone else and has not gotten and LUDs since then.
No luds at all. Looks like they have been working on I140 cases this week. Hopefully we can see some activities on I485 next week.

But my AP3 was approved on 3/6. I got LUDs on 3/7, 3/8, 3/9 on the already approved AP. Is this somehow related to my I485? Why do they keep updating the already approved case? I have not seen the daily LUDs like this on an already approved case. Anyone else with similar experience or have any thoughts on this? My NC is cleared and PD is current. Cased filed at CSC in July 2005.
Is your AP approved by CSC or NE? Mine i485 is transferred but AP appeares not. I am wondering what's going to happen to the AP.

No luds at all. Looks like they have been working on I140 cases this week. Hopefully we can see some activities on I485 next week.

Is your AP approved by CSC or NE? Mine i485 is transferred but AP appeares not. I am wondering what's going to happen to the AP.

I cannot tell which Center approved by AP since the online status does not say which center approved it. I am thinking it was not transferred because if it were transferred together with I485, then it would have been transferred on 3/2 too. It got approved on 3/6 - that seems to quick for an approval, even for AP.

I have received the transfer notice sent by TSC ( my 485 was filed with CSC and was transferred to TSC March 2006 and now transferred again to NSC).

It also said there will be an interview scheduled. Does anyone receive such Transfer + Interview notice ?

thanks