Stamping Date

Passport Stamped Date: 03/11/2004
Stamped Location: Dallas, TX
Card Ordered Date: Unknown...
-------------------------------
Service center :TSC

Re: tammy2,

Originally posted by jaysee
I am not too sure about the basis for receiving a "Welcome" letter. Yes, I have not received any "Approval Notice" in the form of an I-797 Notice of Action form but I did receive a "letter" from the authorities stating the approval of the case and that incase I needed any temporary evidence of LPR, I would need to go for apssport stamping. So, this letter was practically an equivalent of the "approval" notice. So, I disagree with you regarding the fact that I needn't have gone for passport stamping just because I was interviewed.

BTW, regarding those WELCOME notices, my wife and I received 3 each (yes, three!) within a span of 8 days !!!!!

From what you have written above it looks like stamping is optional
But in our case we received the approval notice letter that says, "to complete the green card process we need fill out the form I-89”.

Believe me it is compulsory to fill out I-89 form. Just to add I-89 form is filled by the officer him self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tammy is right, one does need to fill out I-89 to actually get the card. I just got my approval notice in the mail and it says so in it. Also, the pictures have to be 30 days or newer, so if someone submitted them at the time of I485 filing they wouldn't be accepted unless it took less than 30 days to adjudicate the case (now that would be nice, but impossible).

Anyhow, it looks like I will go for stamping.

I think stamping is optional if you do an interview in local office, since you have to fill the form at that time. By the way, the 30 day photo is between the time you take the photo and the time you file the application or do the stamping, not the time you get the approval.

Anajoti,

We submitted out photos at the time of filing I-485 which was a good 2 1/2 years ago. We got the card. No new photos were required. Not sure where you got the information regardng that 30 day time limit ??????

It seems stamping is optional. The stamp itself clearly states .." this is a TEMPORARY evidence of LPR ....".

Jaysee, it looks like there was something different about your case. Maybe b/c you were approved at the interview. But, are you saying that they used those photos from 2 and 1/2 years ago on your green card? I remember sending 2 ADIT photos along w/ my I-485 back in June 2001. No clue what they've done w/ those, although, now I'm not sure, they might have been used for EAD.

The I-485 approval notice says I need:
- I94
- 2 ADIT photos
- notice of approval
- passport (optional I guess, if I want the stamping done)

It says that once at the local office I will get a fingerprint taken and complete the form I-89.

Anajoti,

Yes, they did use the photos sent 2 1/2 years ago for the GC.
BTW, I was not approved at the interview. The approval came 2 days later in the form of a letter. But, I did have my fingerprint taken at the interview.

tammy2,

No, I did not take any photographs for the interview.

Jaysee.

Got our cards today.

Here I go again.

landed in the U.S 9/1994

RIR process started 3/1999
I-140 approved 2/2000- had to wait 3 years till 10/2001 due to my 3 year service commitment to the state of Alabama for my J-1 visa waiver.
I-485 RD for me and my wife 11/19/2001
FingerPrinting done 3/25/2003
Online approval 2/13/2004-updated by 2/14/2004
Approvals received by mail 2/21/2004
Passports stamped in Atlanta 2/24/2004
online changed to cards ordered 3/4/2004 for me and 3/5 for my wife.
online changed to cards mailed 3/8/2004 for me and 3/9/2004 for my wife.
card received 3/11/2004 for me, mailed from Lincoln, Nebraska
card received for my wife 3/12/2004, mailed from Corbin, Kentucky

God bless all of us and thank god for immigrationportal.com and Rajiv Khanna.

I have seen this change from a grouse and bitching board to a scientific prediction based board due to the efforts of Goastros( Swapnil) and his dedicated team. Kudos to them.

Wishing everyone else the very best.

my daughter, my wife and myself:
Passport stamped : 5/192003
Stamping location- Newark, NJ

* my wife and daughter received their cards: Jan 20, 2004
I am still waiting for my plastic card.

Updating my details

Details
RD/ND : June 22, 2001
AD: FEB 23, 2004
PS: March 4,2004

The status changed to Cards Ordered on March 11(for my husband) and March 12 (for me).

Updating

AD 01/29/04
PSD (Passport Stamped Date): 2/13/2004
STL (Stamped Location): Houston,TX
COD : 03/04/04
CMD : 03/09/04
CRD : Not yet

For My Wife - I just checked on online and it was mailed on 3/12/04
PSD (Passport Stamped Date): 3/1/2004
SLC (Stamped Location): Dallas, TX
CRD (Card Recieved Date): 03/12/2004