New thread for MAY, 2001 I-485 Mailers to CSC

EAD approved (AVM) for WAC-231

Hi,

According to AVM, my EAD was approved on 10/30.

WAC-231-xxxxx
ND: Jul 11
FP: Scheduled 11/8 (Oakland) (schedule received 10/3)
EAD: approved 10/30

Early FP done @ San Jose

Well, our (me and my wife) scheduled location is Oakland. Went there last saturday by
11 am (by BART) and found a hall full of people. The officer at the gate said that we
cannot do FP before the scheduled date and that if we cannot do it on the scheduled date
we should call INS and re-schedule, blah, blah.

But then we were so glad that we had Plan-B. Immediately Went to SFO center (again by BART)
and found it to be closed. Returned home empty handed ;-( Alas, we should have noted that
the SFO ASC center is in Broadway and is different from INS center in Washington.

Any way, we went to San Jose ASC center (740 Story Road) yesterday and got FP done. Found
that from Fremont, taking 680 is much better than 880+101. Take King Ave Exit in
680 and turn left in the exit. Go in King and turn right on Story. Look for a Taco Bell
on your left. The San Jose center is in a shopping complex (accross from Super K-mart)
where the Taco Bell is.

We reached there by 12:30 pm and left by 1 pm. There were only a couple of people in the
center. I doubt if the officer at the gate even checked our FP scheduled date. He just let
us in without a word. Gave us an yellow form to fill up after seeing our driver\'s license.
After the form is filled up we were each given a token number.

We both went to the (respective ;) restrooms and washed our hands thoroughly. Just when I
came out my token was called. It was to a desi lady. She gave some lotion and asked me to
rub it over my palm and fingers. When it was a bit dry, she took impressions of all my
fingers. Then my wife came out of restroom and the desi lady asked her to wait next to her
machine and later did FP to my wife too. A supervisor was called to verify my FP recordings.
As soon as the supervisor Okayed the prints, it is sent to INS online, as I am told.

We were given a feedback ratings card to fill up. Our FP notices were taken away and were
told that the yellow form that we filled up at the beginning is our receipt. Since we
have already taken a Xerox copy of the FP notice, we did not have anything to worry about.
Just dropped the ratings card in the box meant for it and walked out.

The San Jose ASC center has 7 FP machines. All of them seems to be new. Everyone there
looked like an immigrant to me. Is that the reason for such a great service ?!

Would recommend anyone reading the experiences posed in the site (created and
maintained by Ciba) http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm under
"FBI FP check and Finger Print Experiences".

It is so good that we have finished our part. (Personally, I think we are doing a favour to INS
by doing FPs ahead of our schedule when there is not much of a crowd even it happens to be a different
center than the one we are scheduled for.) Guessing that it would take 10 days for FP info to be
updated to INS main systems after FBI checking and 2-4 months for the GC approval
(Can someone please tell how long it takes for approval these days ?). Then have to do PP
stamping and wait for the plastic. Huh, what a slloowww and exciting process ?

-- united win.

when did you check your avm??

hi hsc,

I\'m in the same state as urs (same WAC, ND)

checked the AVM y\'day night and still saying the application for EAD is recd and it is taking....

kind of curious to know when you checked your AVM?

Thanks

PCee please update -- EAD approved per AVM 11/01/01

Checked AVM yesterday and it says something like "After approval on Nov. 1, a new card has been ordered...."

RD- 05/01
ND- 07/01
WAC-01-229-x

updated on day of approval

Hi july2kwaiter,

The AVM was updated when I called on the evening of the actual approval date (10/30).

The latest JIT says EADs up to ND of 8/1 have been assigned, so you should get yours soon.

Now, as for when we actually get our cards...

FBI approved

Called FBI @ 304-625-5590 (Option 4) and heard that
they have approved FPs of mine and my wife and have
sent them to INS. Wish INS work as fast as FBI ! :)

-- united win

EAD Approved !

Heard AVM today and EAD is approved on Nov 1. RD: 5/15 WAC:01-235
I hear the standard msg: \'EAD is approved.....New Card is ordered.....it takes 120-140 days..\'

Does anybody know, how long does it take to get EAD Cards ??

thanks.

EAD card received on nov. 3

PCee, i received EAD card on nov. 3.
I got my FP done early in San Jose and the AVM has an update message. They received FP in formation on oct. 30

P Cee pls update >>>Early FP Done on 11/3/01

FP done on 11/3/01
Scheduled for 11/8/01 (for my wife) and 11/9/01 for myself.

Thanks

No Title

vaneetb and SureshD.
Congratulations on getting EAD approved.

ramnath,
What is your FP scheduled date?

- PCee

Travel to India

I am planning to travel to India in the third week of November for one month. Please any one, who recently travelled to india after Sept\'11th tragedy, know what are the documents need to be carried. I got my Advance Parole and My EAD not approved and have a valid H1.
Please reply me.

Ramnath, Question for you !

How long did it take for you to get the EAD Card after your AVM got updated for EAD Approval !
I got the AVM updated on Nov 1 for EAD approval, it says that EAD CArd has been ordered !! So I was just curious to know how long does it take to get the EAD CArd, after it has been ordered.

thanks a lot.

No Title

VenkatC
take your EAD as INS issued photo id
if you do notget it before going, go to local ins office and get interim EAD

FP notice recvd.

My lawer called and confirmed that they recvd my FP notice. She said that I would be getting the original. Scheduled for 12/12 at San Jose.
Hope all San Jose folks will get their FP soon. EAD was approved last monday (10/29) as per AVM. I haven\'t recvd it till now.

Regards,
Help INS
485 RD 05/08
    ND 07/10