New thread for MAY, 2001 I-485 Mailers to CSC

Personal experiences for FingerPrinting

Folks, there is a very helpful site by Ciba that has (among other things) the experiences of many people who went for Finger Printing: go to the "Personal Experiences" link in http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm
and then visit \'FBI FP Check and Finger Prints Experiences\'

Great news... can somebody update? And an answer...

Ajit Panda: Priority date is the date your LC was filed. From what we\'ve seen, it has no effect on the speed of I-485 processing itself... however, INS ONLY starts processing I-485s whose Priority Date (PD) is current; right now, PDs are current for all countries; however, this may change in the future (as it was in the past), if a larger-than-allotted number of applicants from a given country apply for I-485. How PDs and per-country limits work is an ever-changing thing -- see various websites (www.murthy.com; www.usvisanews.com are 2 of my favorites) for more info. The bottom line is, if your PD is NOT current, you have to wait for it to become current and THEN wait for the usual I-485 processing.

Meanwhile, this is all GREAT NEWS -- LOTS has happened this week on this list and the April thread (I\'ve been tracking that to see what\'s ahead)... if anyone\'s still doing it, please do post an updated summary list. I see people with my RD already getting FP notices. Thanks!

Any FP Notices from San Jose Center?

Hi, are there folks who have got FP notices from San Jose - please let us know, thnx.

Follow this link for summary...

Follow this link for summary...

"JULY ThreadSummary"

- PCee

WAC 01-243 -- My Attorney has recvd my FP Notice !!

Attorney Says we may not get FP notices anymore directly ..Is that true?

Also I am in North LA Area. Which location should I use for my FP?

Thanks

Your FP Notice should specify that

Ask you lawyer for it. Can you please verify if the AWM is updated (949-831-8427)?
Congratulations!

cannot view summary

HI PCee,
        Thanks for keeping the data upodated. I have problems viewing the summary though. Can you post it directly here? Thanks in advance.

-Vimal

AZ-boy reg. AP

Has the AVM been updated regarding RFE... that info was recd. on so and so date....
the AVM says that these kind of cases are taking 60 days to adjudicate.
thanks,
csg raj.

Summary

Having some problem(s) with my free web page on GeoCities...

Here is local link for summary (Note that other summary links do not work in this page)...

Raj -- Reg AP RFE

The AVM was updated with RFE info when the request was made for further evidence (8/24). My attorney did send the document and no update has been made since then. It says "it would take 69 - 80 days normally, but because some work was already done, it would take 60 days". May be I can expect it by this month end. Keeping my fingers crossed -- FP was a big break though.. EAD isn\'t moving either!!

Travel to India with AP and no H1-B

Hi all.
Due to a family emrgency I have to travel to India in Nov 2001. My H1-B expires on Nov 01 and I have no EAD yet. What is the solution?
Do I need to get I_EAD?
What is the process for that?
CAn I go to SAnta Ana for that or to LA only?
PLEase help
Thanks
GRAMS

thanks AZ-Boy.

Well in our case the AVM says INS recd. response for the RFE on 10/4. and the usual "It says "it would take 69 - 80 days normally, but because some work was already done, it would take 60 days" is what comes..... hoping it will come by the month end or so.
Thanks,
csg raj.

received FP notice scheduled in Santa Ana 11/08, RD 5/21/01

WAC-01-238-*****
RD 5/21/01
ND 7/20/01
AP 8/15/01
EAD Pending
Interim EAD 10/12/01

Just received FP notices which is scheduled in Santa Ana office on
November 8, 2001.