New Thread for March, 2001 485 filers (RD & ND)

I never talked to an IIO till date. I may...

If I don\'t see any update on my case by end of next week... i am going to call VSC.

Talked to an IIO

My details:

PD: March 2000
RD Feb 16 20001
ND March 1 2001
FP Aug 20 20001
EAC 01 111 5xxxxx

I have been a passive observer of this chat and as Chapdin suggested called the IIO today (18th Jan 10:40am) where I was told "The case is at the place it is supposed to be and is pending" I asked if it has anything missing and the answer was "Not to my knowledge" Then I asked has it been assigned to an office, the answer "Yes".

Lets see if this helps.

No Title

this is good news 485runner. I think you did the right thing by calling IIO. Same was done for me and the IIO said the same thing then. Next day it was approved.

spatel, can your lawyer call for you?

March case approval

Just FYI
My case was approved on 1/16/02 per AVM. Called IIO on 15th, was told case pending and did not any info as to whether assigned to an officer and FP.
RD: 3/20/01
ND: 3/27/01
FP: 8/11/01
EB2, I-140 CP
I-485 AOS

Congradulations to those approved and best wishes to the rest of March filings.

chapdin

My lawyer won\'t even respond to me since he is the company lawyer .. she will just say you will have to wait 1-1.5yrs to get the approval .. I\'ll wait for 2 weeks and if I don\'t hear anything then I\'ll probably IIO myself ..
If you have any suggestions pls do let me know ..

Some activity - March 13 RD, March 19 ND

I checked the AVM today. Heard that a RFE has been mailed to me on Jan 17th etc. Do not know the details. I\'ll keep the forum informed as and when I come to know.

Mine is a I140 CP case. My I140 papers are in Chennai consulate.

PD 05/1997.

Don\'t know

Until last week they were in Chennai. I know this because I had sent an email to the Chennai Consulate and received a reply from them - indicating that I can request INS to get the papers back from Chennai.

In another posting, I had indicated this. I forwarded the email reply to my lawyer and she was planning to talk to an IIO this coming week.

I\'ll keep you posted with any other info I get.

Regards

What can I do with my EAD

Hello guys,

I just received my EAD. My questions are

1. Can I use this EAD to do any extra work ?
2. Do I need to inform my employer about any new part time job ?
3. My wife also got her EAD. She does not have SSN. Can she still work ? Or can she get her SSN from local SSA office ?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sunny

What can I do with my EAD

Hello guys,

1. Can I use this EAD to do any extra work ?
3. My wife also got her EAD. She does not have SSN. Can she still work ? Or can she get her SSN from local SSA office ?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sunny

How to use EAD ?

Hello guys,

1. Can I use this EAD to do any extra work beside my regular job ?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Sunny

No Title

Wanted to update you folks that I have received the courtsey copies and my lawyer received the original ones on Jan 19. I plan to go for PP stamping asap.

Can anyone who has done the stamping in Arlington, VA please list out the process for this, i.e. best time to get there, how to the number for the line etc., as well as what documents to take beyond those listed in the approval notice?

Hope the remaining Mar filers get their approvals soon (spatel and others, what the latest?)

[I am glad to see that our thread has turned out to be one of the most heavily used in this forum. Mar filers rule .... . Best wishes to all]

No Title

PD 3/00
RD 3/7/01
ND 3/14/01
EB2 VSC
AD 01/22/2002

I checked AVM yesterday and it says approved on 01/22/2002 for my wife and myself. It\'s been a long wait for me ..I called IIO 2 times in the whole process ..one thing that I have learnt is to be patient and your day will come. I am thankfull to all of the March-01 waiters Gist, chapdin, newprince, SAM111 .. the list is endless .. I wish everybody gets approval at the earliest. Goodluck Everyone!!!!

Finally got the PP stamped in Hartford,CT!!

It was exactly a 15 minutes process.Gave up the EAD etc etc.

spatel, Congratualtions....

Finally you are there!!!

I am still hangin in there with fingers crossed...

Approved Jan 23

YES !!!!!!!!March Approval ND 3/20 RD3/14
dex65 - 02:31pm Jan 24, 2002 EST

Finally !!! Heard the fabulous words...CASE APPROVED on Jan 23 !!!
ND 3/20 RD 3/14
EB2 Others
PD 1\'99
EAC 01-130-XXXXX
I140 for CP but applied for AOS
File requested by INS from NVC 6-4-01
FP 8-7-01
EAD June 01, didnt apply for AP
H1 expires 2-02 (6 years),,great timing !!!!!
AVM Message change from CASE NOT FOUND..to CASE RECEIVED 12/6/01
Called IIO 11/7..to check if file is there and FP ok
           12/17...will take 1-2 months
           1/4.....not assigned to officer...wait for 4-8 weeks
Hope I have included all pertinent info
Thanks a lot to this Board...a great help and comfort....

March 13 RD, March 19 ND - Received RFE

Letter from current employer + 3 months paystubs - requested by INS
I have been with my employer for 7 years. Don\'t know why this letter is required. Mine is a I140 CP case. I140 papers in Chennai. Probably that\'s the reason.

Regards

It is my turn now... Approved Today (28th Jan 2002)

I called VSC few minutes back and heard on AVM that my case is approved today (Monday, the 28th 2002). Checked my spouse and kid\'s cases too all approved! Was happy that i don\'t need to call an IIO again on this :)

My details :

PD: June 2000
I140: Approved (at NSC) for CP and was sent to Madras (don\'t know
      whether was asked back or not)
I484
----
RD: 03/16/2001
ND: 03/21/2001
FP: 08/03/2001

Called IIO on 01/25/2002 (last Friday) - was told under review. My son\'s case always "case not found....." until today.

AD: 01/28/2001

This is the bset group I ever intaracted, and thanks to everyone here. Especially, spatel_9, chapdin, t_t_t, gc0001, BayofB, LU CAI, cpkr, WaitNWait, newprince, SAM111, vj123, and Oct2000 and myladoor.

Best of luck to all other friends still waiting - it is going to be very soon.