NEW THREAD FOR 420 -CSOFT-NJ based company

cyb_victim said:
I am another victim of this comp - received rejections on all my applications. They are now with holding my pay stubs for last 2 months denying me the option to have a clean H1 transfer. 'Good samaritan' of this thread already suggested that i can still apply for a transfer - only catch is that i wont be getting a new i94 with out leaving the country. Is there anyone else in this boat?

You can first apply for new H1 without paystubs. They will send RFE for the paystubs. If you can get paystubs by then it should be fine. If not your attorney can prove that you maintained status by showing your paycheck copies, time sheets etc.

NewVictim2005 said:
I was told that they give visa only for people who are currently maintaining status in US. If out-of-status, they will not give visa and will ask to go to home country. In that case you will not be able to come back to US, you have to go to India from there.

If you have valid I-94 and notice of action, you are fine travelling to canada/mexico with all required documents including 3-4 paystubs, for H1-B stamping. Guys please comment.

dyingforgc said:
If she is leaving country before your new H1-B approval, as you said you can send new approval in mail to her before she comes back. She already has valid stamp but if your previous employer has cancelled your H1 (so has H4), that could create a problem at POE. Personally, I wouldn't take this chance.

Yes, she is out of status from the day she received denial. However don't get panic to get stamp in her passport to convert back to H4 as 245(k) covers her for less than 180 days. But its advisable to do it sooner than later. don't jus rush before your H1-B transfer is approved.

245(k) is useful to file AOS(I485) with in US if you stayed out-of-status/worked unauthorised/illegal stay for less than 6 months from the date of last entry. Its not relevant in this case. Basically we should avoid or minimize the stay in out-of-status/illegal/unauthorized work because visa problems will be there later at consulate offices and there is risk of deportation proceedings.

zamq said:
rightnow i am working on EAD and no H1, 7th year H1 got expired on April 2005 and No H1/H4 now
suppose i get any preapproved labor and applied H1 for that Labor,if they approve H1 for 8th year withour I-94 then how can i work?

UN gave good points regarding this, but the company who wants to give pre approved labor wants me to be in H1 status instead of EAD, dont know what to do
First of all my suggestion would be remove If's & but's, ofcourse suppose. Many hypothetical situation may not happen, so dont worry too much.

Secondly....lets assume

your Original I 94 expired in Apr 2005
Lost AOS in Sep 30th 2005
Applied for H1 on OCT 10th with another company

Scenario 1 : H1 approved with I 94. No issues.....USCIS has forgiven. Get atleast 4 paystubs before travelling or stamping

Scenario 2: H1 approved with NO I94. USCIS has forgiven......but doesn't authorize you to travel without stamping from home country. Get atleast 4 paystubs before travelling or stamping. I would not go to Canada / Mexico.......as I would feel more comfortable going to the home country even if something worse happens.

H1/H4 stamping denied in Indian consulate is mostly if the company is too small (may go for through scrutiny) or blacklisted or criminal record on the applicant or paid too low wages or haven't filed taxes or illegal status for extended period of time...etc.

NewVictim2005 said:
245(k) is useful to file AOS(I485) with in US if you stayed out-of-status/worked unauthorised/illegal stay for less than 6 months from the date of last entry. Its not relevant in this case. Basically we should avoid or minimize the stay in out-of-status/illegal/unauthorized work because visa problems will be there later at consulate offices and there is risk of deportation proceedings.

245(k) is useful if one stayed out of status for less than 180 days. I agree that one should avoid out of status/unauthorized work (i did say sooner than later he/she should get back to legal status).however since that guy(hiUS) applied for H1-B transfer and is planning to send her wife to India for H4 stamping, there is a risk involved with it to come back on her existing stamp since guy is not sure whether previous employer cancelled his H1 or not. This a bigger risk than staying out of status until his new H1 transfer is approved. hiUS don't get panic and wait until your H1-B transfer is approved.

Kishore_l said:
First of all my suggestion would be remove If's & but's, ofcourse suppose. Many hypothetical situation may not happen, so dont worry too much.

Secondly....lets assume

Scenario 1 : H1 approved with I 94. No issues.....USCIS has forgiven. Get atleast 4 paystubs before travelling or stamping

Scenario 2: H1 approved with NO I94. USCIS has forgiven......but doesn't authorize you to travel without stamping from home country. Get atleast 4 paystubs before travelling or stamping. I would not go to Canada / Mexico.......as I would feel more comfortable going to the home country even if something worse happens.

H1/H4 stamping denied in Indian consulate is mostly if the company is too small (may go for through scrutiny) or blacklisted or criminal record on the applicant or paid too low wages or haven't filed taxes or illegal status for extended period of time...etc.

Scenario 2: If there is no I94 with the approval notice means, you were not granted the H1 status. You cannot start working for the company. You have to go outside US and reenter with I94. If you have valid H1 stamp, you need not go for stamping, otherwise you need to go to consulate office.

Did you guys meet over the week end?

NJ area victims? Did you meet over the wek end?
Please reply thru Yahoo groups?

NewVictim2005 said:
Scenario 2: If there is no I94 with the approval notice means, you were not granted the H1 status.
Not true. with approved I-797, you are approved for H1 status.

If you have valid H1 stamp, you need not go for stamping, otherwise you need to go to consulate office.
Stamping has no value. Only document matters, is I-94. you are contradicting things.

H1B stamping with no valid I 94

Kishore,

Correct me if wrong..

Scenario 2: H1 approved with NO I94. USCIS has forgiven,

My understanding is in this case the beneficiary need to go out of US for a stamping before legally start working if the beneficiary is not in H1B status and does not have Valid H1B stamping such as my case where in need to revert from EAD

Kishore_l said:

Secondly....lets assume

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyber_Victim200 said:
Kishore,

Correct me if wrong..

Scenario 2: H1 approved with NO I94. USCIS has forgiven,

My understanding is in this case the beneficiary need to go out of US for a stamping before legally start working.

Your understanding is correct. you need to get I-94 before starting work.

dyingforgc said:
Your understanding is correct. you need to get I-94 before starting work.
I agree with you, but am not sure...if you need to travel "BEFORE" start working. Unless 797c approval notice specifically ask you to stamp it before working then you need to else you can do it at your convenience. Call Local / VSC center and ask them the question. I won't even rely on the attorney's as they are so dumb. Or ask UN / JK / PARLAY / ERICS/ others who have gone through it or know better

Thanks for all of your answers,
N did so much damage to our lives who are in 7th or 8th year with EAD and dont have valid H1 to comeback to Status
He literally screwed our lives

God will definitely give his judgement because of all this mess, just matter of time.

unitednations said:
Kishore, careful

Once you use EAD, the h-1, h-4 is toast

If you entered on AP, and you work with h-1 employer, you can extend status without leaving the country.

This was all covered in Cronin memo. EAD use invalidates h-1, h-4. Use of AP does not invalidate it.

Yes, USCIS will not know if one used EAD. However, in future applications, h-1, h-4, 140, labor cert., biographical information, tax returns, the information will be there for USCIS to figure out that you worked with a company other then h-1 or you violated h-4.

It is better to go out and come back on h-4 if one used ead.

If you have an unexpired I-94 card but you used EAD and you want to work back with company whom you still have a valiid h-1 then leave and come back with new I-94 card.
Hey UN..........I still don't see a reason how USCIS would figure out if one has used EAD (especially H4) if I94 is unexpiried during the work period (Use of EAD). Other than Tax returns, USCIS doesn't have a clue about it. For a very few people, USCIS has asked for individual tax return during their 485 adjustment.

I agree that, for a Ideal situation you are suppose to update @ POE whenevr you change anything.

But my take on these guys are........they will be more vulnerable now if they travel rather than working on the loop holes of the law or taking advantage of USCIS ignorance of switching between EAD & H4 (as long as you have unexpired I94 from H4)

Un

unitednations said:
Kishore, careful

If you entered on AP, and you work with h-1 employer, you can extend status without leaving the country.

This was all covered in Cronin memo. EAD use invalidates h-1, h-4. Use of AP does not invalidate it.

Yes, USCIS will not know if one used EAD. However, in future applications, h-1, h-4, 140, labor cert., biographical information, tax returns, the information will be there for USCIS to figure out that you worked with a company other then h-1 or you violated h-4.

If you have an unexpired I-94 card but you used EAD and you want to work back with company whom you still have a valiid h-1 then leave and come back with new I-94 card.

In my case I am on H1 with CST but my wife used her EAD and stopped it now as denials are comming. I am in process to transfer my H1 (not to the previous employer, I mean before joining CST).
As i said, the stamping on her visa is till Sep' 06. ( I don't know whether that emplolyer has canceled my H1 after I switched to CST).
I am planning her to send to India and comeback to regain the H4 status. Some of the friends are saying to wait till I get my new H1. What are the possible options for me? I am not in 5th year or 6th year.

Kishore_l said:
New Victim,

My understanding is EAD is a privellege of AOS, EAD is not a status. If your AOS staus is denied, then you lose all the privelleges coming along with that. But If you have unexpired I94...You are Perfectly fine. First of all, INS doesn't monitor when you are switching from EAD to H4 and back forth. Its near to impossible to track all those changes.

As UN has mentioned earlier, unexpired I94 is the mask. If you used your EAD while your I94 is not expired, USCIS will not know. At this point, they do not have the a system to connect INS & IRS (to check with your W9). To determine your legal stay, USCIS will be looking for a gap between I94 and if the gap is filled by AOS, you should be fine or if there is no gap then you don't have to worry.

You are right. EAD is nothing but a work permit based on the status given by the pending I485. But once you use that, you are no more in H4/H1 status, but in the status granted on the pending I485. If you are in H1/H4 status then you can extend without going outside the country. As you are not in H1/H4 status anymore, attorney is telling that people in that situation has to go out and come back. It is not my version. Its told by good attorney. So no point in discussing about it. Regarding other things like INS & IRS, these days as mentioned by UN, consulate offices are asking to get IRS transcripts and W2s. Also you have to give correct information on the USCIS/DOS forms. Otherwise there may be other consequences.

Can i work on h1 receipt thru this company

Hi

H1 pending thru cyber(long time)
485 denied sept last week.
Used EAD and worked for Cyber
No H1.No I-194(expired 5 months back)
Applied new H1 10 days back thru diff company
Can i work on h1 receipt thru this company.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
planing to file 140 next week with some old Lc thru diff company.
planing to file H1 also gaing thru this company using this 140 receipt.
what are my best options in this scenorio
--------------------------------------------------------------------

RE-H1 Stamping outside US for AOS

Hello UN/Kishore,

As already written my case is as under( More clear),

My case.

1.Do not have a Valid H1B and I 94 for myself and family members.

2.Have completed 6 yrs on H1B in Feb 05.

3.Was on EAD from Dec,04 to Sep 05.

4.140 and 485 denied 10 days back.

5.Trying to get a 7th yr H1B on the basis of a pending labor applied on my name from my earlier employer.

6.My wife and children also in the same boat.no H4 and I 94.

7.Both myself and my Wife and my Son ( Only 2 months) worked on EAD till Sep ,05 at which time the EAD's expired.

I understand going to Canada is also not an option as Visitor Visa will not be given in this situation..however not sure of Mexico on this..hope you guys can throw some light on this.

So in case i get a H1B approved without a I94 all of us will have to travel to India to get a stamping before starting to work.

But the problem is no appointments are available in any consulate in India till first of Jan ,06.

Any suggestions?

unitednations said:
Kishore, careful

hurricane345 said:
Hi

H1 pending thru cyber(long time)
485 denied sept last week.
No H1.No I-194(expired 5 months back)
Applied new H1 10 days back thru diff company
Can i work on h1 receipt thru this company.
Yes. with receipt of H1 application, you legally can work.
hurricane345 said:
planing to file 140 next week with some old Lc thru diff company.
which category you are filing I-140 with retrogression?
hurricane345 said:
planing to file H1 also gaing thru this company using this 140 receipt.
what are my best options in this scenorio
--------------------------------------------------------------------
since you already filed your H1 transfer thru another company, you are in good shape and legally can start working thru this new company. where are you confused?

Cyber_Victim200 said:
But the problem is no appointments are available in any consulate in India till first of Jan ,06.

Any suggestions?

You are qualified for emergency appointments. don't worry. H1-B returning workers are eligible for this.

dyingforgc said:
Yes. with receipt of H1 application, you legally can work.

which category you are filing I-140 with retrogression?

since you already filed your H1 transfer thru another company, you are in good shape and legally can start working thru this new company. where are you confused?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Because i used my EAD.
EAD expired in August29st.
Thru EB2 filing 140.can not file 485.

Last edited by a moderator: