New Simple/Robust Case Status Scanner

What do you want next from the scanner?

• Simplify/document the Scanner

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Add more scanning features

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Add more reporting features

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Add more interop features (import/export/merge)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Add a GUI

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Fix more bugs

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Forget about BCIS and Java, go get a life..

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
josamdee -- that's a great idea! if you think it's okay, you can send me your code, i'll add it and update the original post with this feature.

~T

Hi talkative,
Thanks for developing such nice scanner.

I am trying to use that scanner for WAC-05-034-XX.
But after running for around 200 cases, My IP gets locks and not able to use further.
Anybody has database for WAC-05-034-XX...Kindly forward to s416504@yahoo.com
Can I ask you the way to avoid this ?

how safe is it to use this scanner because they can track the orginating IP any time even if proxies are used

Talkative
can you let me know ur email address so i can send you the modified files, i dont know how to post it here

Last edited by a moderator:
> how safe is it to use this scanner

I have not seen anything in plain english that says something on this topic. But there is tons of super complex legalese which I just plain can't understand, so who knows what's in it.

Anyway, I wrote this to scan my own 7 cases every half hour from my crontab file. This is the use I intended for this software. I think that use should be okay.

Anything beyond it, it's your discretionary call.

~T

anybody has datafile for WAC050885xxxx-i140

Hi

I tried but couldn't make it work.Does anybody have the datafile for the series WAC050885xxxx. I filed my i140 in early feb.

my email is KUMAR_LA@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Hi whereismycase,

Did you ever figure out how to run the scanner? I am getting exactly the same error message. Would appreciate some help from whoever might have had this problem before.

Thanks.

whereismycase said:
Talkative,

Thanks for fixing the proxy error. I downloaded the latest version of the tool. But for some reason, the error didn't go away. I must be doing something wrong. I tried 10-15 cases including approved one's but no luck.

C:\>java -jar tscanner.jar -database mydb -search -type 140,485 -start WAC040795XXXX -end WAC040795XXXX
Working.. To safely quit, type 'q' and hit enter [may take some time]
Proxy failure [hard: network error]: ProxyEntry[localhost:80=20000.0]
All proxies have failed
WARNING: Did not complete task. Stopped prior to processing: WAC0407950000
... Done [you can now press ^C to terminate VM safely]

Thanks again

GCard_Dream - looking at the error message, it looks like the scanner is unable to make an outgoing HTTP request. Open IE, go to Tools->Options and check in the "Connection" tab to see your configuration.

If there's a proxy listed, (typically in the "LAN configuration" section), then there will be a hostname (or IP) and a port. Say it is 202.54.1.1 port 8888.

Create a text file, say "mylist" with this like:
202.54.1.1:8888

Then pass it to the scanner using the option "--proxies mylist".

Remember, USCIS does not allow more than 200 queries per IP address per day.

talkative,

I tried it from my home PC and it worked fine. It certainly is a great tool and I very much appreciate your great effort on this. By the way, have you already gotten your GC or is it still in process?

gc_crack,
Congrats on your I-140 approval. What is your Receipt/Notice date for I-140. Is it EB2 or EB3? Please share

abu2003

talkative,

i did modify something on line 62 of StatusWorker.java so that if the case is already approved it will not be checked again in "refresh" mode, thus saving valuable proxies. Here is the replacement line.

if (oldReport == null || oldReport.getStatus().getStatus().startsWith("This case has been approved"))

Thanx for the great script!

gc_crack said:
talkative,

i did modify something on line 62 of StatusWorker.java so that if the case is already approved it will not be checked again in "refresh" mode, thus saving valuable proxies. Here is the replacement line.

if (oldReport == null || oldReport.getStatus().getStatus().startsWith("This case has been approved"))

talkative,

thanx for your great tool. it works great. just wanted to appreciate your effort.

gc_crack,

thanx for sharing the info in the sep thread. i will be using this tool often. are there any tips on how to build the db for few weeks in length, as i was planning to trach nov 2005 cases.

thanx again for your great inputs and efforts