New Simple/Robust Case Status Scanner

What do you want next from the scanner?

• Simplify/document the Scanner

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Add more scanning features

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Add more reporting features

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Add more interop features (import/export/merge)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Add a GUI

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Fix more bugs

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Forget about BCIS and Java, go get a life..

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Note - I updated the scanner to v1.01 in the original post.
The change is it will no longer write unwanted cases to the database.

This would mean:
  • repeating "-search" is expensive (but you shouldn't run it more than once anyway)
  • the database file is uncluttered and has only cases of type specified by "-type" parameter

This change does not make it incompatible with database files produced by previous version. If you have an old database with unwanted case types, just specify the "-type" switch while refreshing:
java -jar tscanner.jar -refresh -type 140,485 -database mydb

~Talkative

Last edited by a moderator:
Talkative,

Thanks for the tool. I am from NSC and the scanner seems to accept WAC cases only. Could you modify it to accept LIN. Thanks.

Rsur,

I had a bit of code that expected the third character to be "C" (as in EAC, WAC etc). I didn't realize LIN doesn't follow this.

I've fixed it (v1.02) and attached it in the original post. Sorry about that!

Talkative

does anyone have a list of proxies that actually work? I have tried with hunders and none do. Please post if you have a working list. Thanks.

all I140/I485 numbers

Could you guy share the I140/I485 numbers in your database?

I saw many people want to know the progress around his day.

I could report them every week .

However, I just have all I140/I485 on my date.

So, anyone could provide numbers?

Can you guys help me with the scan.

I am not sure whether my rd is 01/21 or 01/22/2004 maybe you can check for both days

LUD chnaged for 140/485 on 11/02 and then today 11/03. No message change yet

EB2 conc 140/485

Thanks

tominavhech said:
Request:
I have JDK 1.3 and for some reason wd not be able to install later version. Can somebody please put the latest I-140 updates for EB3 date range Feb-02-04 to Feb-04-04.
Thanks in advance.

It's not possible to distinguish on EB3 or EB2.... only for all I140 cases.

I only have most update result from Feb-03-2004.
One I140 get RFE, One I485 get transfer on Nov 1.

Nov 2 ... hmmm, did they work in CSC on Nov 2... not on WAC04083 cases.

Thanks IWantFree.
I understand that we cannot distinguish between EB2 and EB3 cases, had just added that as additional information.
Any idea what percent of CSC I-140 JAN cases got approvals / RFEs? That wd help me make an educated guess if my I-140 wd be approved this year.

Hi Guys,

I know your pain with proxies. I wrote a little update to help you find proxies. Now you can specify a URL to a web page containing proxies.

Example:
java -jar tscanner.jar -suck http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list

Will cause the scanner to fetch the page at the URL specified and try to parse it for proxies. It does brute force parsing, but it works for many web proxy lists like stayinvisible etc.

If you specify a "-proxy <file>" switch as well, it will write the discovered proxies (and their quality information) to that file for future use.

Finally, please be nice, don't scan more than 100-200 cases on any given day using public proxy servers. Otherwise, all the servers will become dead for everybody.

Thanks
~Talkative

talkative said:
Hi Guys,

I know your pain with proxies. I wrote a little update to help you find proxies. Now you can specify a URL to a web page containing proxies.

Example:
java -jar tscanner.jar -suck http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/proxy_list

Will cause the scanner to fetch the page at the URL specified and try to parse it for proxies. It does brute force parsing, but it works for many web proxy lists like stayinvisible etc.

If you specify a "-proxy <file>" switch as well, it will write the discovered proxies (and their quality information) to that file for future use.

Finally, please be nice, don't scan more than 100-200 cases on any given day using public proxy servers. Otherwise, all the servers will become dead for everybody.

Thanks
~Talkative
Thanks talkative. I will give it a try.
btw - This is good code, great job !

Thanks mish4gc

Sangeethco - That's a good idea. I've added an option "-merge" so that one can merge other people's database into one's own database.

It works like this: java -jar tscanner.jar -database mydb -merge otherdb - this will merge all records from other person's DB to your db. The merged DB will have all information from both database, and the reports will pick the newest status available in the merged database.

~T

Seems I have a new problem. I didn't scan my case for 3 days and today my localhost:80 still report [exceed daily quota]. I am not sure if it's my problem or everybody had this.
While I can use IE to check status and other scan programs works fine.

By the way, my scan result for I140 on Nov3 2003
67 cases,

25 approved, distrubtion (July(1) Aug(7), Sept(4), Oct(12), Nov(1) so far)
24 RFE July(1), Sept(5), Oct(14), Nov(3)
18 pending(not touched)

One thing was very interesting: Oct 19 one day, 8 cases approved, 1 RFE. after that from Oct 19 to today[14 days], 2 case approved, 11 RFE. Wish my case will follow into some "Nice" officer.

NIW485waiter said:
Seems I have a new problem. I didn't scan my case for 3 days and today my localhost:80 still report [exceed daily quota]. I am not sure if it's my problem or everybody had this.
While I can use IE to check status and other scan programs works fine.

By the way, my scan result for I140 on Nov3 2003
67 cases,

25 approved, distrubtion (July(1) Aug(7), Sept(4), Oct(12), Nov(1) so far)
24 RFE July(1), Sept(5), Oct(14), Nov(3)
18 pending(not touched)

One thing was very interesting: Oct 19 one day, 8 cases approved, 1 RFE. after that from Oct 19 to today[14 days], 2 case approved, 11 RFE. Wish my case will follow into some "Nice" officer.
that is interesting, because i am getting exceeded daily quota from proxies i have never even tried before.

Proxy Error using tscanner

Hi talkative,

Thanks much for putting efforts to develop this cool tool. But for some reason I am getting following error while using it.

C:\>java -jar tscanner.jar -database mydb -search -type 140,485 -start WAC0407950000 -end WAC0407950000
Working.. To safely quit, type 'q' and hit enter [may take some time]
Proxy failure [hard: network error]: ProxyEntry[localhost:80=20000.0]
All proxies have failed
WARNING: Did not complete task. Stopped prior to processing: WAC0407950000
... Done [you can now press ^C to terminate VM safely]

From previous replies on this thread I thought I will need proxy since I am searching only one particular case.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Thanks

whereismycase, please help.

Your cases are just little ahead my case.
Could you post scanning results after you have done?

whereismycase said:
Hi talkative,

Thanks much for putting efforts to develop this cool tool. But for some reason I am getting following error while using it.

C:\>java -jar tscanner.jar -database mydb -search -type 140,485 -start WAC0407950000 -end WAC0407950000
Working.. To safely quit, type 'q' and hit enter [may take some time]
Proxy failure [hard: network error]: ProxyEntry[localhost:80=20000.0]
All proxies have failed
WARNING: Did not complete task. Stopped prior to processing: WAC0407950000
... Done [you can now press ^C to terminate VM safely]

From previous replies on this thread I thought I will need proxy since I am searching only one particular case.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Thanks

Sure I will. Once I get across the proxy error. BTW, have you tried using tscanner? If yes, can you provide be the proxy list?

Thx

Thanks a ton

hey Talkative
First of, thanks for a wonderful little tool to download case status! It works like a charm :)

Folks, it amazing to see the results.

USCIS is really speeding through some of the applications! (ofcourse, the rest of the not-so lucky apps, who knows when they will be touched again!)

Anyways:
I scanned some apps with a WAC041375xxxx.
Here is the result:
Type Total Approved RFE Not Touched Date Approved
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
485 11 3 1 8 Nov 3 (all three)
140 4 1 1 2 Sep 20

My suspicion is that the 140 that shows up as approved must be a Pilot application.

But, the 485 approvals on Nov 3 is very encouraging.

My guess at this point of time is that the mass LUD change on 10/27 has some relevance to the processing dates. Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks
Sai

Addendum to my previous post

Btw, the WAC041375xxxx corresponds to April 16th 2004 apps.

cheers
sai

All proxies running out of quota - FIXED!

All,

Based on your inputs, I discovered that some specific cases cause USCIS online page to return the same message that would appear when the proxy has run out of quota.

The scanner, instead of detecting that it's a bad case numeber would keep trying it with other proxies and finally give up saying all proxies are dead.

I have fixed it. Before giving up on a proxy, the scanner will try that proxy with a known good case number. Only when this second test fails, it will give up on the proxy. If the main fetch fails, but proxy appears to be good, it will continue on to the next case.

Of course, you may still see the all proxies may indeed run out of quota error after this fix, but this will be because all proxies have INDEED run out of their quota!

Thanks hate140delay, mish4gc, whereismycase and others for help finding this!!

~Talkative