NEW RULE: Is it mandatory to inform BCIS of any job changes now.

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
NEW RULE: Is it mandatory to inform BCIS of any job changes now. I know it is mandatory to inform them about the change of address. I did not mean to spread any panic, but I get contradictory information from few lawyers I called. Any feedback from you guys. My lawyer told me it is better not to inform TSC of change of employment even though you've fulfilled the 180 days rule. He does not have any latest. Thanks

lawyers have opinions

cause every time u do something they can bill you. take it easy. i wouldnot volunteer anything

Re: lawyers have opinions

Originally posted by tombaan
cause every time u do something they can bill you. take it easy. i wouldnot volunteer anything

From Murthy Chat 10/13/2003

Chat User : I-140 and EAD are approved. I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. Should a change of employer be notified now or can it be done at the time of an RFE or personal interview?

Attorney Murthy : It is best to notify the CIS of the change in employer within a reasonable period of time after the 180 days of the I-485 pending. The reason is that, if the I-485 is approved without an RFE or interview, there could be an issue of potential fraud against the applicant at the time of applying for citizenship. The safest course is to file the AC21 memo, and notify the USCIS before being asked by them. This should avoid any appearance of fraud down the road.

Chat Master : The information provided during the Chat session is of a general nature and MAY NOT apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is NOT to be construed as Legal Advice and does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know why murthy wants u to do that

she wants to make more money on any given opportunity. that is her game

tombaan

You never spare anybody, do you :D? ROFL with your pulling-up of Attorney Murthy. Funny, dude!

Personally, anytime, anything that happens, use prudence in informing BCIS. Loss of jobs, legal-separation, divorce, arrests, convictions, etc. That is what I got to believe reasonably from other attorneys and couldn't dismiss Murthy's advise in this regard. Again, I cannot dismiss tombaan's sarcastic (practical) comments as well. If I were you, I will inform BCIS. So, there is a personal element to this issue as well.

Per recent regulation, You have to notify USCIS about job change but still most of us here don't notify USCIS. If the prior employer cancel I-140 then I-485 is automatically denied to avoid automatic I-485 denial it is advisable to notify about job change( using AC21)

Mr.P

This is based on my personal experience with her. I asked her is it legally required for me to inform. She replied in negative but then brought the citizenship crap. She also did send me the forms and fee structure expecting my new company would pay for it.

I had various other personal experience to substantiate her money grabbing approach....btw as for my personality yeah i do always like to logger heads sorry
:D

Originally posted by Edison
If the prior employer cancel I-140 then I-485 is automatically denied to avoid automatic I-485 denial it is advisable to notify about job change( using AC21)

This is not correct. Read the memo again.

If the underlying approved I-140 is revoked, then USCIS will issue a "Notice of Intent to Deny", at which point you can submit your AC21 information. This is NOT an automatic denial, but you and your attorney need to be on the ball since you get 90 days to respond to an RFE, but only 30 to reply to an NOID.

Even before this recent AC21 memo, USCIS can't deny I-485 case without NOID but they used to deny the case without NOID.

If USCIS follow all the rules/laws then we don't have any problem, all the problems are caused because of their misinterpretation of laws or their ignorance.

From Muthy's Bulletin

The CSC was asked whether they wanted to be notified of AC21 portability proactively, rather than just waiting for a Request for Evidence (RFE) to be issued. They did not state that notification was required, but did state that applicants should "feel free" to provide the notification. They still may issue an RFE, even if notified earlier of the job change, because the materials may not reach the file in time.

Don't know why the link is messing up.

uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I140_AC21_8403.pdf