New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)

Anybody knows what the stages mean

My listening comprehension is so poor that I can\'t understand what the VO mean \'in first stage\', \'second stage\' when I was talking to her. Does this mean processing would be divided into several stages?

Revalidating Visas

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html ,
this site says
" If your existing visa is still valid, it will not be considered for re-issuance until the remaining validity is within sixty days of expiring. "

The existing H1 visa from the previous company getting expired in sept\'02 on my passport.
Does that mean I can\'t send my passport to get the new visa stamped (for my new company where I am working now) until July\'02 i.e 60 days before old visa expires.

Please advise.

thanks to you all!!

Received passports today

sent to DOS 25th October, received by DOS on 26th and i got it back today.

Good luck to all of those waiting.

Bye

do not know what logic DOS uses to process ...

mine was received at St, Louis on Oct 23rd, when called told me it was received at Washinton DC on Nov 14th and is under process .,, some people who have sent passport after me are getting their passports back

bit frustrated .

You are not alone buddy...

Mine was sent on 23rd too received at washington on 15th . No news yet.

Still waiting.

Better apply for new passports!!

Guys,
I sent my passport for revalidation on Sep 7th and got it stamped on Oct 22nd. But my passport was part of that 300+ passports that were held up at DOS mailroom. Spoke to DOS personnel a couple of times and they advised me to get a new passport incase we need to travel out of US as it might take months to get the mail decontaminated!!!. So this week i applied for a new passport at Indian embassy in NY and got one this friday. I am thinking of calling up DOS and find out if i can get my visa done here(because my visa was already stamped!!)
My advise would be to get a new passport if you need to travel out of US in the next couple of months or so..

Good luck.

that\'s right!!

you cannot get your visa revalidated until the 60 day expiry limit is reached.

Is I-797 original or a photocopy to be sent with the passport and original I-94

Hi,

I am preparing to send documents for revalidation. Do I need to send the I-797 original or is a certifed copy allowed ? Also do I send the original I-94 that is stapled in the passport ?

Thanks

Revalidation of H1-B visa

Pls.advise

Sent on 11/16/2001
Received at St.Louis 11/17
Received at Washington 11/30
I am travelling on 2/14/02 to India
Shall I withdraw ?

I would wait

Seeing how it takes anywhere between 10 o 12 weeks for getting your passport revalidated. If your application got to Washington on 17th Nov you can get it back by week of 4th Feb. But then there is a chance that the processing time may increase but that doesn\'t seems to be a possibility as there were a lot of vacation days in month of Nov and Dec in which they did not recieve any applications.

No Title

No, Original I-797 is not required, you can send just copy. Yes you need to send original I-94.
Thanks

Withdraw Passport

Anybody got their passport after withdrawal. I sent my withdrawal by fax on 01/10/02. Still no news. I need to travel on 11/20/02 to India.

My bad

What I meant to say was the whole Revalidation process takes 10 - 12 weeks i.e from the day the application reaches DOS St Louis to the day it is stamped and mailed back to you. See some earlier posting on this site for validation times.

How long after stamping??

Mine was stamped on 11th Jan. How long it will take DOS to send it to mail. Mine is suppose to come by fed-ex.

how did u know it was stamped ..

i am waiting desperately mine was received at washington on nov 14th
i tried calling dos and the line was busy

are u able to track it with ur fedex tracking #

No Title

I called the DOS number on friday. Officer told me that it\'s stamped this morning and wait couple of week for the passport. I called today at 3 PM Central time and the lady said it\'s stamped and wait couple of week. She said office has to do some copy of the passport.....
Hope so it will come to me by this weekend.