New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)

To change address after mailing for visa revalidation

if i want to change the address what should i do??? because iam moving to new apartment
next week. i sent my passport application to DOS on oct 22,2002. it reached Washington d.c
on Nov 09,2001.

Do you people have any idea what are the procedures for change in address?

your response is most appreciated.

Balkimn1174

If you used Fedex call them and let them know about your change in address. If it was USPS I guess the mail will be automatically redirected to you if u have submitted a change of address form.

kmnalluri

i used FEDEX only. but i didn\'t make a note of the tracking number.
that\'s the problem. But i do have a FEDEX ACCOUNT...

is there any other option ??

Revalidation time at St Louis Office?

Does anybody know how much time St Louis office is taking these days for Revalidaton?

Is there a way to know the status ?

my visa application was recevied by St Louis office on 11/12/01.

Packet reached St louis on 10/17 , VISA stamped on 12/28 , received back on 01/02/02 . Used Fedex

Good Luck

It was simple earlier

It used to be very simple earlier. Someone I know asked for withdrawl on Dec 12th and got it back on Dec 14th. But I have talked to some Visa Officer around Dec 20th, he said because of the new delays it would take up to 15 days even for withdrawl also. You better call the Visa Office and confirm before asking for withdrawl

balkim1174

Because u have used your account number, call them and let them know your situation. I think they will give you a solution as it has an account number u know.

Stamping in St Louis or DC?

When you send in your application packet, you have to send it to St. Louis AFAIK. This is a box facility where they hold it for a while. It is then sent to DC where the actual stamping is done.

From the previous mail, it is apparent that there is approximately a 2 week delay for your packet to reach DC. So add a couple of weeks to your "received" date. :-((

--Das

I believe the answer is "when received at DC".

From a previous posters mail, it seems that the Nov-02 refers to "when it is received at DC". So, we have an additional wait.

--Das

Refund of Fees when Passport Withdrawn?

Does anyone know if they refund the fees ($45 + $75) when you withdraw your passport. I would like to withdraw but I would hate to lose that money.

Thanks

No Title

I sent my passport for H1-B revalidation on 11/16,Received at St.Louis 11/17.
I have to travel in first week of Feb,02 to India.
What should I do?
Is there anybody who sent passport for revalidation app.same time and received back?

sureshtc

If DOS received your passport on 12th OCT call them and find out your status as people who have sent their passports and received by DOS on 17th are getting their passports back.

I doubt you will get it before Feb 02 ...

I would advice you withdraw your application ASAP. Even application withdrawl is taking about 15 days.

Mine was received at St. Louis on Oct 23 and still waiting.

Do not wait and get tense..

Best of Luck

Not yet

Sureshtc, I have not received my pp yet. I think they may process and send it out early next week. I did talk to the VO many times, my understandings are (1) they are NOT processing the packet strictly according to your recd date :-( Some VOs may be slow, some VOs may do it faster; (2) Using Fedex is much faster than USPS (save u 1 to n weeks according to the history data in this forum).

My packet is on the way back from Washington DC...

Please see my case details below (link). I tracked using the Fedex tracking no and my packet was shipped from DC on Friday, Jan 4th. I will get it on Monday. I will update once I receive the packet... Looks like there\'s some hope...

samy123 1/2/02 3:15pm

samy123

mine reached St. Louis on 23rd oct, still waiting ...

mine reached St. Louis on 23rd oct, still waiting ...one of the above poster\'s passport was received on 24th Oct and his passport is on its way back ...

lets see, hope everything is ok and will get it soon

Jim a question for you

Here\'s my situation. I sent my passport for revalidation on Sep 7th to St. Louis, reached on Sep 10th(FedEx). I have been reading all the posts on this site about revalidation times taking anywhere between 8 to 12 to 15 weeks or more. I got a little bit concerned a called up DOS in Washington DC on Dec 15th and got a response that my revalidation was done on Oct 22nd and most probably my passport was held up in the DOS mail room because of anthrax scare. The person said he has no idea when the mail will be released and he said he will send a fax to explaining the situation and most probably i may have to apply for a new passport and visa.

The problem i am facing now is i have been laid off on Nov 30th and planning to apply H1 with a new company. What are my options?