New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)

samy123

Registered Users (C)
Lets start a new thread in this new year!!! The one from Sept 28 is become too big and some entries may be old enough to provide any info.

Talked to a DOS personnel...

I had mailed my PP for revalidation on Oct 23, Recd. in St. Louis on Oct 24th.

Talked to a DOS officer. Very nice experience. The lady was very polite and did a search on my case based on Last Name and DOB. Here\'s the update:

The DOS in Washington DC recd. my packet on Nov 14th (it took 20 days to go from St. Louis to DC). My packet was not amongst the ill-fated antrhax contaminations.....

Currently they are processing cases recd. before Nov 2 in DC (not St. Louis). According to the lady it should take 3 more weeks.

If you want info, call 202-663-1225. Do not press any key even at the end of long recording which says press 1 if you have a touch tone phone... This way you\'ll be automatically transferred to an operator..

Hope this helps...

samy123

Oh its taking too long

I beleive it would be better to stamp in India than to wait
a whole lot here. Mine was recd by dos on Nov 5th. Dont
know when I will get it back. Dont know if they handle it
safely or not........

Still waiting.....

Rcvd on 11/16 in St. Louis

My PP received in St. Louis on 11/16. That\'s means my application also will process in DC or St. Louis?

I am confused... Somebody please help.

Narendra

Spoke DOS personnel... , passport was received on 10/23 by DOS

I called 202-663-1225 and as told by a previous message poster I did not press any key, a nice polite man answered my call.

He took my first name, last name, date of birth and nationality and checked if my passport was part of the ill fated anthrax passports and confirmed that it is not.

I am a kind of relieved and he said I should get it in the next 3 weeks.

Another long wait.

Will keep you all posted with my case.

They process the check in St. Louis and then...

send the passports to Washington for stamping. Mine too was received at St. Louis on 7th. Washington received it on 19th Nov. I don\'t understand why they have to make things so complicated.

received by st. louis dos office on 10/23/01

received by st. louis dos office on 10/23/01

No Title

DOS St. Louis recd my passport on Nov-2, Do you think I will get it before Jan-31? I have booked my ticket on Feb-3.

I called them, they told me it will take 12-16 weeks from recd at St. Louis. On recorded message its saying they are processing prior to Nov-2. What that means? Are they processing passport recd before Nov-2 at St. Louis or Washington?

processing passport recd before Nov-2 at Washington and not at st. louis

I think u will get it, but do not know how these DOS people are working , just keep fingers crossed.

now a days even withdrawing a passport is taking more than 2 - 3 weeks.

One of friend made a withdraw request on Dec 18 and he is yet to get his passport, he is suppose go to India on monday (Jan 7). He is so much depressed and tense.

What to do, lets wait and see.

You are taking a chance

I would advise to withdraw your passport, If you have all the necessary documents, it is a simple process to get it revalidated in India. One of my friend did that in chennai consulate, He got it stamped in 3 days.
I sent my application, on Oct 24th,I was told that i will get my passport revalidated only after 12 weeks, I am suppose to travel to India on Jan 10th ( now cancelling my ticket). It was too late for me to withdraw, as it takes couple of weeks even to withdraw.
Better act fast even if you want to withdraw,
So if are going to India, as well get it done there,
Check TT Services Website. www.ttsvisas.com for revalidating in India.
Good Luck,

H1B Revalidation

Anyone recd his/her passport in the last couple of days. Also please let me know if anyone has send passport around 2nd or 3rd week of October and still awaiting stamping. Any response would be appreciated.

Process for withdraw?

Is it simple process to withdraw passport? I have decided to withdraw my passport. Anybody applied for withdraw and received passport and how long it took?

received by DOS on Oct 11, still waiting

Recd by DOS on Oct 11 by USPS express mail. I called DOS again and VO told me they have not put stamp on yet. They might be able to do it tomorrow or monday. BTW, mail through USPS may experience two days delay. Hope you used Fedex...

Process for withdraw?

Is it simple process to withdraw passport? I have decided to withdraw my passport. Anybody applied for withdraw and received passport and how long it took?

my friend got his passport back without stamp..

my friend who had sent his passport on oct 29 and requested for withdrawl on 18th dec got his passport back by USPS without the stamp

He is very happy as he will be able to see his family and fly back on monday jan 7th.

May God Help All Of US who are waiting eagarly for the passport.

I think you should be getting it in the next week

Hi,
To my knowledge it is taking 10 weeks in general. My passport was reached on Oct 17th at DOS, it was stamped on Dec 22nd and I got it back on Dec 27th(FedEx picked it up on 26th from DOS). Good luck.