• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Results of DV 2012 be discussed here with poll

What is your DV 2012 status?

• Total voters
Greetings!

I have been a lurker for the longest time, but this is my first time posting here. I'm a Nigerian-born American who won the DV-1996 lottery. I've been in the US for over 15 years now, living the American dream and loving it. I live in California. Since coming to America, I put myself through college (Engineering and Business) at a top-notch US college, studied abroad in France, worked in some of Wall Street's best investment banks (now working for myself), and living a very comfortable lifestyle. Of course, these did not come without challenges.

Why am I sharing this? Well, I've read incendiary comments by some trolls about America. Yes, America is not utopia, but America is still a land of opportunities as long as you play your cards right. I am a testament to that.

Since I became American, I've been working on helping my siblings come over but that process is VERY time consuming. I also put in an entry for them in the lottery each year but time and again, Lady Luck smiles not upon them. For anyone who did not get selected, I say try and try again but be realistic with your expectations. Great things are also happening to people in other parts of the world besides America. We all have different paths in this journey called life. We all have different destinies, but it's up to each of us to give destiny a helping hand.

LoveAmerica, my advice to you is go ahead, accept your Canadian university admission and try to process your lottery visa from Canada. You'll probably be better off processing your immigrant visa from Canada than in Asia. The visa processing takes time - valuable time which could be spent to further your education while you simultaneously wait to get the green light to go to America. You'll have ample time as well to emigrate to the US from Canada once you've received your immigrant visa; ample enough for you to apply for a leave of absence from your studies in Canada. From my experience, you should get the green card no more than 3 months after you've arrived the US. At that point, you can choose to go back to school in Canada or try to transfer to a US university. You'll always have your permanent residency status in the US as long as you spend sometime every calendar year in the US.

Good luck to all!

Nice one Sir. I am also from Nigeria and I just sent you a Private Message,pls check it. You could also reach me via oluodu@yahoo.com
Cheers!

House we have one person from NIGERIA who claims he won he is edugie.

Lets just wait and read from other Nigerian winners, we can't only use him/her to conclude, u never can tell the Edugie might not even be a Nigerian but just posted that to shut us up...

Lets just wait and read from other Nigerian winners, we can't only use him/her to conclude, u never can tell the Edugie might not even be a Nigerian but just posted that to shut us up...

I am female and i DID win......high case number though.

same with me but i am going to keep checking to see...may be the results are in batches

Do u really believe the status may change? From "have not been selected" to "have been selected"?

what would make the status to change?

My husband and I both one in the May 2011 selection.

July 2011 selection I won again but my husband didn't.

We are from Australia.

House it seems very clear that the results were never randomized,we dont know how KCC selects this winners whereby for the first time in DV history that Africa did not have up to 2% in the first day of checking the results cos i can still remember DV 2011 results were most people who checked there results online and foundout entry HAD NOT BEEN SELECTED but later got NL from KCC.so i think there is something wrong somewhere or it maybe batch by batch results which so many people are saying.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now and quite interested in the theories that have come forward. I believe that this time around the results are truly random. I applied on the last day (in fact during the last half an hour!) as I was in India on a holiday and could not access the internet at the time. Did not get a chance to check during the first week of May as I was traveling again, this time in USA and I did not carry my confirmation number. I am from SA.... seems like I am the only one from SA though? Any other saffers out there?

i really don't believe it is uploaded batch by batch. if you are not selected then not. I am not selected. whatever guyz best of luck to you all and God bless you all.

Pls is the result out now,cos av heard 4rm like 6 families now and they've nt bin selected guess d programmer hasn't done it

@ Hello forumites.

I am reporting from Calabar, Nigeria. Not a single person, i say not a single person have won in a town of over 250,000 people. I work in an internet cafe, we help people apply for the lottery. I have checked over 600 entries so far, not a single winner. I repeat not a single winner. I don't know whats going on. I was a previous selectee, but now a July 15 non selectee. I think KCC have some questions to answer.

i am a winne and i eceived a congratulation email om us depatment of state,is this email real o what ?plz someone help me plz ?

That's a bloody scam............ You can only ascertain whether or not you've won. By checking your status on dvlottery.state.gov

Hope that helps.