New regulation allows concurrent I140/485 filing

Hari Kumar

Registered Users (C)
Good news for all I-140 filers / waiters.

Effective today/tomorrow INS will allow I-485 to be filed with your I-140. If you have already filed I-140, you can immediately file for I-485 with your Receipt notice.

Nice thing is you will be immediatley eligible for EAD & AP.
:cool: :cool:

i-485

I filled in the i-140 last week.
I would like to know if the i-485 gives work authorization or is there another form to submit?

Thomas

Does this apply for counsular as well.

We filed for I140 last week and requested counsular processing. Does this new rule apply for counsular as well?

Cybird, I'm also in the same boat and would like to know the answer to that as well.

Can somebody enlighten on this pls? thx

Go to this link, eevrything is well explained there.

http://www.shusterman.com/concurrent.html

Yes, you can apply for EAD and Advanced parole immediately.
I do not think this has anything to do with a consular processing. However, it should not be difficult to switch to I-485.

Good luck!

SUMMARY: The current Immigration and Naturalization Service (Service) regulations provide that an alien worker who wants to apply for permanent resident by filing the appropriate Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, cannot do so until he or she obtains approval of the underlying petition, Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. This procedure has resulted in an unnecessary delay for certain alien workers. This interim rule amends the Service's regulations by allowing the Form I-485 to be filed concurrently when a visa is immediately available, thereby improving the efficiency of the process as well as customer service. This interim rule also provides that, if an employment-based visa petition is pending on July 31, 2002, the alien beneficiary may obtain the benefits of concurrent filing, but only if the alien beneficiary files the Form I-485, together with the applicable fee and a copy of their Form I-797, Notice of Action, establishing previous receipt and acceptance by the Service of the underlying Form I-140 visa petition. Further, this interim rule will allow the alien worker to apply for employment authorization using Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and for advance parole authorization using Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, while the Form I-485 is pending.

they are asking I-797. What about for people with out I-797 (Future employement)

they are asking I-797. What about for people with out I-797 (Future employement)

syalla

the I797 they are asking is the I140 receipt notice (if you have filed I140 already). All receipt notices, approval notices come as I797 (Notice of Actions)...

Hi, I have a friend who is F-1 status. he is preparing I-140 application based on NIW and EA-1. He has some questions about cocurrent I-140 and I-485. If he submit I-140 and I-485 at same time and he is denied later on based on I-140, does his file of I-485 affect his F-1 status? Because after filing I-485, his status is adjustment status instead of F-1 statutus.

Thank you for any comments. ty