Last edited by a moderator:
New processing dates are now posted.

NYC July 16

LA June 2

Miami April 20

Newark July 7

So much for retrogression.

Maaaan....there goes my WOM exhibit!:D

UPDATE: Just tried to check the updates, and it still shows April 15. I guess it's the same situation as the last time.

Now if you'd just get your IL, that could really mess up your WOM.:D But I'm sure that's the kind of disappointment you can live with.

Anyway, it may not be irrelevant to your exhibit that these numbers fluctuate wildly. It at least proves how utterly meaningless they are.

When I checked the website, it is still showing the April 15th updates. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about?

NYC looks like it is doing well, and making up for lost time. They are now almost caught up to where they supposedly were on February 15th!

When I checked the website, it is still showing the April 15th updates. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about?

NYC looks like it is doing well, and making up for lost time. They are now almost caught up to where they supposedly were on February 15th!

It means nothing. They can still retrogress to November 13, 2003 next month!:rolleyes:

Same thing happened last month, some could see the updates, some could not, and they would just disappear and reappear for me.

Anyway, I can still see them:

Santa Ana July 9

Charlotte April 17

Where did you see that?

Posted date hasn't been changed yet.. still same. (April 15, 2008) For your info, NYC processing timeframe of N-400 is still May 28, 2007.

Anyways, most Baltimore Dec 2007/Jan 2008/Feb 2008 applicants got IL letter or done with citizenship journey. Processing time of Baltimore DO is still May 7, 2007.

so it is meaningless. Maybe they skipped their jobs to update the website or database for website and are helping to work on naturalization process :)

Where did you see that?

Posted date hasn't been changed yet.. still same. (April 15, 2008) For your info, NYC processing timeframe of N-400 is still May 28, 2007.

Anyways, most Baltimore Dec 2007/Jan 2008/Feb 2008 applicants got IL letter or done with citizenship journey. Processing time of Baltimore DO is still May 7, 2007.

so it is meaningless. Maybe they skipped their jobs to update the website or database for website and are helping to work on naturalization process :)

Baltimore has advanced to June 2.

You're correct, it's meaningless. Sounds like Baltimore is like NYC, processing new applicants before clearing the backlog.

Baltimore has advanced to June 2.

You're correct, it's meaningless. Sounds like Baltimore is like NYC, processing new applicants before clearing the backlog.

There's an interesting discussion going on in the LA thread. An applicant with an 10/03/07 PD consulted an attorney, who responded that he can file a WOM right now and have a win.

There's an interesting discussion going on in the LA thread. An applicant with an 10/03/08 PD consulted an attorney, who responded that he can file a WOM right now and have a win.

I hope you mean 10/03/07. .. otherwise I'm very impressed with the skills of this attorney.:D

Same thing happened last month, some could see the updates, some could not, and they would just disappear and reappear for me.

Anyway, I can still see them:

Santa Ana July 9

Charlotte April 17
Thanks, NYC_naturalizer, appreciate it. Well, I guess now we're stuck again with the age old question of what exactly do these numbers truly mean, and which dates (IL, ID, OL, OD) are they referring to? If they mean that everybody with a PD on or before the one listed is now a citizen then I will agree that we're seeing some progress. However, if they mean that everybody on or before the date listed has been sent an IL, then we still have a looooooong way to go.

Well, allow me to speculate. Last month, during the retrogression mess, a number of district offices in California had a N-400 date of mid-July. However, what we actually witnessed was that applicants in late July, August and all the way through October, actually got their ILs (Nimche, MartinAub etc.) So, it may mean that once the DO date shows July, it actually means that the bulk of July applicants have been sent ILs, and many have actually had interviews (and are just waiting for the oath). This is optimistic, admittedly, but I know Santa Ana has been interviewing late July filers in the past few weeks.

However, the pessimist in me, the one who has been waiting for 9 months now, says it will be at least another three months before I receive an IL.

There's an interesting discussion going on in the LA thread. An applicant with an 10/03/07 PD consulted an attorney, who responded that he can file a WOM right now and have a win.

Interesting... I tend to agree, after all 180 days is 180 days. I wonder if there is a lawyer in NYC as confident. Our case would actually be stronger here, given that they are processing 2008 applicants, unlike LA.

Thanks, NYC_naturalizer, appreciate it. Well, I guess now we're stuck again with the age old question of what exactly do these numbers truly mean, and which dates (IL, ID, OL, OD) are they referring to? If they mean that everybody with a PD on or before the one listed is now a citizen then I will agree that we're seeing some progress. However, if they mean that everybody on or before the date listed has been sent an IL, then we still have a looooooong way to go.

Well, allow me to speculate. Last month, during the retrogression mess, a number of district offices in California had a N-400 date of mid-July. However, what we actually witnessed was that applicants in late July, August and all the way through October, actually got their ILs (Nimche, MartinAub etc.) So, it may mean that once the DO date shows July, it actually means that the bulk of July applicants have been sent ILs, and many have actually had interviews (and are just waiting for the oath). This is optimistic, admittedly, but I know Santa Ana has been interviewing late July filers in the past few weeks.

However, the pessimist in me, the one who has been waiting for 9 months now, says it will be at least another three months before I receive an IL.

Really hard to say how these dates are determined. It's academic, since their predictive power has been thoroughly discredited. I know that at NYC, the dates were pretty representative of timelines reported on this forum, until the months where we retrogressed. At that point, July processing seemed to grind to a halt, and NYC started processing cases from 2008 even as the processing dates retrogressed to May 2007. Perhaps the fact that the date has returned to July indicates that they're taking a crack at the backlog again.

Interesting... I tend to agree, after all 180 days is 180 days. I wonder if there is a lawyer in NYC as confident. Our case would actually be stronger here, given that they are processing 2008 applicants, unlike LA.

I'm sure that there are plenty of competent immigration attorneys in NYC. It would indeed be interesting if we could file right now.

All afternoon I could see the May 15 update, and now its disappeared again. Same thing happened last month! I hope their interview scheduling is more reliable.

Besides the ones already mentioned on this thread, I remember that DC advances to Jan 28 in the new update.

All afternoon I could see the May 15 update, and now its disappeared again. Same thing happened last month! I hope their interview scheduling is more reliable.

Besides the ones already mentioned on this thread, I remember that DC advances to Jan 28 in the new update.

lol..and I can see them now from May 15th...their web servers must not have finished replicating between each other.

New Seattle date

I still see April 15th. For those who can see new dates, can u please post new Seattle date....Not that it really matter but just curious to see what new hell r they upto......Please!!! Thanks.