New procedure for I-90 filing for incorrect cards

Thanks

Thanks for the update Ginnu. I've already e-filed my I-90 application to replace my card with incorrect data which is incorrect according to the new update. Now i'll mail my application to my service centre. Thanks once again.

The application will be transfered to the Service center.
If you file again you will have two applications pending.

I got told today that it's not necessary to file again.

koolgui said:
Thanks for the update Ginnu. I've already e-filed my I-90 application to replace my card with incorrect data which is incorrect according to the new update. Now i'll mail my application to my service centre. Thanks once again.

Don't forget to get refund. Its hard earned money...lol

You can only apply for the refund after USCIS has determined that it is an error on their behalf.

This is all quite a mess...

Kris73 said:
You can only apply for the refund after USCIS has determined that it is an error on their behalf.
**AND for that they have to get your I-485 file from National Record center MO(how much time they will take to send it from storage nobody knows)
This is all quite a mess...
--------may be after 15 days new rule :D

koolgui said:

are you supposed to send the phtographs and finger prints on a finger printing card with your application under this new rule or are you going to send an application only and then you will wait for a biometric notice ? please guide.and what do INS mean by sending the latest I-797 notice?

INS website indiacted that on march 22 2005, my green card was mailed to me which i never recieved. I inquired INS about my green card and INS officaly accused me by sending me a letter that I did not inform INS with my new address and asked me to file for I-90 form with a base fee and biometric fee.INS was wrong as I did inform INS with my new address but i do not have a proof.

On july 12, i efiled for 1-90 with option b and paid 70 dollar biometric fee only.I did not pay the base fee. I am still waiting for my biometric notice. Now as per the latest INS's memo for I-90, it is pretty clear that i need to pay the base fee also. what should i do? INS has refused to believe me that i did inform them with my new address. I am so confused. please help with some advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
desi74 said:
are you supposed to send the phtographs and finger prints on a finger printing card with your application under this new rule
or
are you going to send an application only and then you will wait for a biometric notice ?
------------ it seems that they will send biometric notice and you may have to visit ASC for photographs and fingerprint on card

please guide.and what do INS mean by sending the latest I-797 notice?
------------- I think they want copy of I-485 approval notice or welcome notice that is sent after I-485 is approved by Local USCIS office after interview and then service center sends welcome notice

INS website indiacted that on march 22 2005, my green card was mailed to me which i never recieved. I inquired INS about my green card and INS officaly accused me by sending me a letter that I did not inform INS with my new address and asked me to file for I-90 form with a base fee and biometric fee.INS was wrong as I did inform INS with my new address but i do not have a proof.

On july 12, i efiled for 1-90 with option b and paid 70 dollar biometric fee only.I did not pay the base fee. I am still waiting for my biometric notice. Now as per the latest INS's memo for I-90, it is pretty clear that i need to pay the base fee also. what should i do? INS has refused to believe me that i did inform them with my new address. I am so confused. please help with some advice.

I-90 E-filing exceeded 90 days

HI,

I E-filed my I-90 on June 13th because they put someone elses picture in my GC, and I did not receive anything from them. I called them so many times they said since you have the MSC number then wait for the mail. But it's already 90 days. Should I write a letter to them or wait for the letter to come since they will send it to the processing center?

--------Thanks
Iq

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone ever get a biometrics notice for I-90 application especially anyone who e-filed after June Ist? I e-filed on July 10th and still waiting for the biometrics notice. Please do let us know if anyone gets the bio notice. it is getting so confusing now. thanks

I e-filed on July 6th, received receipt notice on 8th.
I too am still waiting for biometrics appt notice. Will update if there is any progress...

I called national customer service center regarding status of my I-90 application (e-filed on July 6th). The person suggested me to wait until end of october and said that case might have been transfered to vermont service center. He also suggested to write a letter to vermont center reg. refund of fees if I want to claim the fee (70$)

cpzinga said:
I called national customer service center regarding status of my I-90 application (e-filed on July 6th). The person suggested me to wait until end of october and said that case might have been transfered to vermont service center. He also suggested to write a letter to vermont center reg. refund of fees if I want to claim the fee (70$)

What is the right procedure to get the fee refund? Can I have the address for the vermont service center? Do all the cases go to Vermont center? I just received my 2nd notice after efilling my i90. It said that my case is being reviewed and I don't have to go for biometric appoinment as the reason for my I90 is USCIS made an mistake on the card.

Even we got the letter (797 C notice) saying that we don't need to attend biometrics and there is nothing that we need to do now.

I think they will evaluate such cases for some more time and let us know about the status once they conclude their verifications/etc.

At the same time, I think we can get our $ 70 as refund. Does anyone have any idea regarding this? OR will it be risky to ask for refund at this stage?

SJOrl,
Vermont center is for east region (original service center). Please call uscis support center to find out exact information.

Vermont service address is:
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

But I recommend you to call them as your case or region may be different.

Status Update

On October 4, 2005, we transferred your I90 APPLICATION TO REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

I got another notice (type - Transfer Notice) that says:

This is to notify that we have transferred the above application or petition to the INS office at:
<Vermont service center address>

We transferred this case because the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over the case. That office will notify of subsequent action taken on this case. Any further enquiries should be made to that office.

cpzinga said:
I got another notice (type - Transfer Notice) that says:

This is to notify that we have transferred the above application or petition to the INS office at:
<Vermont service center address>

We transferred this case because the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over the case. That office will notify of subsequent action taken on this case. Any further enquiries should be made to that office.

I have gottent the exact same notice and my case has also been transfered to the vermont serice centre though my actual 485 application was filed at NSC......now i live in Maryland in Rockville within DC metro area........does MD fall uner VSC....i dont know what is going to happen.......does that mean that they have sent our whole file along with our fingerprints to vermont centre?....please keep us posted.....one more thing..my online status was never updated....it is still the same.