• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New LPR!

SusieQQQ

I looked for an existing thread to add to but couldn't seem to find it... So here is our little addition.

We landed at SFO yesterday. We were handed customs forms on the plane but were told new immigrants didn't need to fill in a landing card. It seemed a quietish day with just one BA and one Emirates flight landing at that time. We were told to join the visitors queue but once at the front people were directed to whichever line was the shortest even if in the citizens section. The CBP officer was friendly and had a bit of a chat - he is originally from near where my father lives (we have my fathers address for the GC delivery, he asked if that was still where we wanted them sent). He didn't ask us much other than confirming which airline we landed with and that we didn't have any food or cash in excess of $10K. After taking our fingerprints and photos we were sent with our packs to the secondary processing area. There were 6 or 7 groupings waiting, one with immigrant packs and the others seemingly having people with unfortunate names. Our processing was done after about a 20-minute wait in tandem with the other new immigrant family, each with our own official. Fingerprint and signature for the GC. We were told to go to a social security office to check the application was being processed and (as someone else reported ) also told the GC would take 3-6 months to be delivered. Then the officer smiled and said "congratulations!" and handed us our passports back ... And so we entered the US as LPRs.

I looked for an existing thread to add to but couldn't seem to find it... So here is our little addition.

We landed at SFO yesterday. We were handed customs forms on the plane but were told new immigrants didn't need to fill in a landing card. It seemed a quietish day with just one BA and one Emirates flight landing at that time. We were told to join the visitors queue but once at the front people were directed to whichever line was the shortest even if in the citizens section. The CBP officer was friendly and had a bit of a chat - he is originally from near where my father lives (we have my fathers address for the GC delivery, he asked if that was still where we wanted them sent). He didn't ask us much other than confirming which airline we landed with and that we didn't have any food or cash in excess of $10K. After taking our fingerprints and photos we were sent with our packs to the secondary processing area. There were 6 or 7 groupings waiting, one with immigrant packs and the others seemingly having people with unfortunate names. Our processing was done after about a 20-minute wait in tandem with the other new immigrant family, each with our own official. Fingerprint and signature for the GC. We were told to go to a social security office to check the application was being processed and (as someone else reported ) also told the GC would take 3-6 months to be delivered. Then the officer smiled and said "congratulations!" and handed us our passports back ... And so we entered the US as LPRs.

That is awesome. I have literally lost count of the number of times I've been in those immigration lines and I've always found the officers there were a bit cooler than elsewhere.

Enjoy the trip!

Congratulations my friend !!! Keep in touch and update us.... By the way small problem, Let's say, I'm entering the US first and take my wife after about 3 month once i got settled. So how will this GC process will be changed from the time i landed to US till my wife gets her GC ???

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations my friend !!! Keep in touch and update us.... By the way small problem, Let's say, I'm entering the US first and take my wife after about 3 month once i got settled. So how will this GC process will be changed from the time i landed to US till my wife gets her GC ???

This shouldn't be a problem at all, even a small one :) - will you be travelling with her when you bring her over? If so just ask a CBP officer which queue to go to - I am sure they will allow you to both go to the same immigration officer - if she is on her own she will just do the 'normal' processing for a new immigrant.

Thanks everyone!

This shouldn't be a problem at all, even a small one :) - will you be travelling with her when you bring her over? If so just ask a CBP officer which queue to go to - I am sure they will allow you to both go to the same immigration officer - if she is on her own she will just do the 'normal' processing for a new immigrant.

she is on her own......... thank u friend.... Good Luck......