New Job offer in a diffrent - recently changed TN VISA

pedro3087

Hello all, I'm a mexican with TN VISA since 3 years ago.

I recently got the renewal for the third time of my TN visa last September 15 2013 with my company X, after having some interviews with a company Y and explaining to them all about this VISA and its requirements they are about to send me to renew my VISA and get stamped for the new company "Y".

Is there any problem to change and get a new TN VISA for company Y in less than 6 months ?

Does the company Y need to submit 1-129 form for me this time I'm getting the new VISA?

Should I request this company to sign a contract before I to get my new VISA?

Will I have any legal problem with company X or should I mention that I'm changing my TN VISA?

Thanks a lot for your comments and support.

Kind regards

No problem. Of course, you don't relly need a new visa, if you apply for I-129 from within US. Visa is only for entering US.

But regardless of how long or little you work for Comapny A, this will not impact you getting TN for Company B.

I switched job three times and one time I moved company A to Company B and back to Company A in two month period. And each time went to airport to get new TN. My understanding was to start work with new company person need new TN, only extension can be applied by mail. My mistake.

I had three years TN with company A so when I moved back to Company A I should not need a trip to border. Actually company A immigration expert told me to go to border and get new TN to start work. Reason she told me as employee employer relation broken for two months between me and company A.

As I am planning to move back to company A and working on 1 year TN for company C. Company A wants me to join on TN. If I apply by mail using I-129 how soon/when I can start work for the company A. As I remember premium processing is also an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I switched job three times and one time I moved company A to Company B and back to Company A in two month period. And each time went to airport to get new TN. My understanding was to start work with new company person need new TN, only extension can be applied by mail. My mistake.

I had three years TN with company A so when I moved back to Company A I should not need a trip to border. Actually company A immigration expert told me to go to border and get new TN to start work. Reason she told me as employee employer relation broken for two months between me and company A.

As I am planning to move back to company A and working on 1 year TN for company C. Company A wants me to join on TN. If I apply by mail using I-129 how soon/when I can start work for the company A. As I remember premium processing is also an option.

If I apply by mail using I-129 how soon/when I can start work for the company A. As I remember premium processing is also an option. Re-posting it just to bring it to attention to members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kite,That is why you don't ask YOUR questions on someone else's thread.:mad:

1. Your HR was correct that you were no longer in a sponsor relationship with company A, and thus your old TN with them was no longer vaild. If you had a TN with them that had stipulted "occasional' work as a contractor for example, then the TN would still be valid, as there was an expectation working from time-to-time with them (you would need other TNs to live in US).

2. You certainly can get NEW TN by mail. Why would you think otherwise?

3. Since it is not an extension, you need approval and new I-94 in hand before beinning work for Company A.