New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
congratulations, you are only x years away from

a green card! If you are from India, still not too bad, only 7 years away! If you from China, only 6 years away! From all other countries, 5 years is all that is going to take...provided that you can have your LC approved by the end of year 2005.
Light a cigar and cheer up... many many NJ folks have not even received the 45 day letter yet.... by the way, heard they are going to change the 45 day letter to 45 months letter.

bluesky133 said:
Hi, all,

I have got 45 day letter with case # start "P". My PD date is Aug. 5, 2002. E3. It seems they are handling NJ case now.

Congratulations!!!

My frustration is that they didn't follow any order while entering partial data and are doing the same now for complete data entry.

State: NJ
Priority Date: 06/10/2002
Processing Type: EB2 RIR
Case Number: T-05131-xxxxx
Case Status: Incomplete (09/13/05)

:) something is better than..............Got my 45 day letter, received on Sep 12'05 and replied on 13th. :( again waiting time.... may be unlimited.......who knows .....
M107
NJ June 2002
RIR EB3
P-05xx-
45 day letter received on 12th Sep 2005

Sent an email to BEC for case number

Waiting4LC said:
Some of my friends emailed them and got the screen shot back even though they didn't say they need it for 7 year extension. Another way is to ask your lawyer to contact them but my lawyer siad he would not do it unless it's for 7 year extension.
------------------------------------------------------
Hi Waiting4LC - I sent an email to [H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US] for a screen shot yesterday. I wanted to know what my case status is, since my employer is totally unresponsive. My query was not related to H1B 7th year extension.
I obtained a case number beginning with 20.. from NJ SWA, sometime last year. This is the response I got from Phila BEC, today.
--------------------------------------------
Please note that this email address is to be used to request information for the purpose of indicating to USCIS that a permanent certification case is pending for those aliens who have H1B visas due to expire and require extension. Because of the volume of cases being processed at the Philadelphia Backlog Center, case status information can not be provided for other cases.
Thank you,

The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

H-1B Visa Extension Information Team
-------------------------------------------
Does anyone have any other means of obtaining the case number from Phila BEC other than contacting employer/lawyer?

Please fax to Phily backlog Center

Some people asked for the draft, here you go, feel free to use it.

"
FAX# (484) 270-1600

To Whom It May Concern:

“All cases, regardless of whether they were from a Regional Office or from a SWA, will be processed according to FIFO, once entered into PBLS”-- quoted from the “Backlog Center Q&A” posted on the Department of Labor website.

First In First Out rule is fair. So we all expect this rule will be followed. But we are seeing many cases approved with a much later priority date than those cases that are still not completely entered into the PBLS. For example, many New York/New Jersey cases filed with SWA in year 2001 and 2002 have not even received the 45-day letter yet, while cases filed in year 2003 have been approved. The practice is clearly in violation of the FIFO rule, and it is causing people to lose faith in the system, as a result rumors are spreading among the immigration communities.

In the just released immigrant visa bulletin by the Department of State, cut-off dates are set for I-485 application. Some people, benefiting from the “arbitrary processing” and receiving their LC even though they have a later priority date, are rushing to file I-140/I-485 before October 1, 2005. Many not so lucky applicants, even with a much earlier priority date, can not do it because their labor certification applications are still in the backlog center waiting to be processed. These unlucky aliens are deprived of the benefit of EAD and Advance Parole which come with I-485 application. Is this fair??

Since nearly all cases now have been at least partially entered, we urge that priority date should be identified and FIFO rule be strictly followed from now on.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.

CC: Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Charles Schumer
CC: Senator Jon Corzine, Senator Frank Lautenberg

Movement For A Fair Immigration Treatment
"

Last edited by a moderator:
aycy said:
They asked for company's articles of incorporations, business license, and state registration. ;)

aycy
NJ June 2002
EB2 RIR
45 day received September 12

Have they started looking into ur file???
Gcforwhat
NJ Aug 2002
EB3
45 days recieved August 29th

7th year H1 Extension

Just wanted to share the experience of 7th year extension with all of you.

Since my 6 years of H1 was nearing completion, my attorney applied for 7th year extension for me. At first they requested more information, since my attorney at that time did not include my LC proof. I sent an email to Philly BPC and got back the screenshot which we forwarded to INS.

I received my approved I-94 and when I checked the date of validity, my H1 was approved for 3 YEARS not 1.

I GOT H1 EXTENSION FOR 3 YEARS !!
I am not sure if it was oversight or error or whatever. But I now have H1 for 3 more years.

Did anyone have a similar experience?

The ways of INS....truely amazing !!

richshi said:
a green card! If you are from India, still not too bad, only 7 years away! If you from China, only 6 years away! From all other countries, 5 years is all that is going to take...provided that you can have your LC approved by the end of year 2005.
Light a cigar and cheer up... many many NJ folks have not even received the 45 day letter yet.... by the way, heard they are going to change the 45 day letter to 45 months letter.

I don't think that they are going to change 45 day letter into 45 months leter.

Why do you think it's 7 years, 6 years or 5 years away from green card? I think that priority date to file 485 is the month of 2002 but not available right now. If I can get LC and 140 approval, I should be able to file 485 soon according to 485 priority date. I guess that the process time of both LC and 140 should be less than one year. Why do you think the whole proccess still need so long? I am very sick of waiting and waiting already. My hair will become all grey if I have to wait for another more than 6 years. :confused:

485 approval may take years

The cut-off date has been established to 1-Jan-98 for EB3 cases from India. Follow this link

http://www.murthy.com/visadate.html

The situation is so bad that people like me with priority date of 5/2002 (I have filed my 140/485) will be waiting for atleast 4 years to get 485 approval. If people from NJ labor remember that DOL was processing a single month on April, 2001 for one and half year. If all those cases are added to the widespread retrogression, GC would not come in this lifetime.

Getting labor after 3 years of wait sounded like end of all worries. But looks like the whole process is screwed up.

NJ March 2003 RIR case

Hi everybody!

I am writing this on behalf of my colleague. Basically, I want to know,
the following

a) Has anyone from Feb-Mar 2003 recd the 45 day letter from Philly Bec?
b) Has Philly BEC approved any NJ cases at all uptil now?

I would appreciate if someone could shed some light to this?

Thanks
Regards

Got 45 day letter

I got my 45 day leter. I employer informed me of that. Now who responds, the lawyers or the employers?

My priority date is 30 Sept 2002.
No is P-05133 ......

3 Years have passed. Another 5 to go..

Either your lawyer or your employer

TiredNJLabourer said:
I got my 45 day leter. I employer informed me of that. Now who responds, the lawyers or the employers?

My priority date is 30 Sept 2002.
No is P-05133 ......

3 Years have passed. Another 5 to go..

Either one will do. Preferably your lawyer as he/she will file for your I-140 and I-485.

aycy
NJ PD June 2002
Received 45 day letter Sept 12'05

45 day letter

My PD is August 22nd 2002 and havent received 45 day letter as yet....what are these guys doing... will we ever get our GC.....also what is the procedure after receving the 45 day letter

Need some good advice:

EB3
NJ PD Feb 2004
H1 expiration Feb 2006

I have a current offer from a philly company. do accept accept the offer or not?

Worried

Anyone filed before June 02 and have not yet received the 45 days letters?

EB 2 & RIR
My priority date is May 20, 2002
T case # is T-05139-27***

I haven't got one. This what the lawyer office said

"BEC is not going to start "processing" any cases until all of the 45 day letters are sent and they completed full data entry on approx. 345,000 cases they received."

Is it true? By following this forum I think some people who has later priority date that received and responded to the 45 days letters already have their case approved. Correct me if I am wrong.

EB1 & EB2 Retrogression

EB1 & EB2 Retrogression

Just to update the site about this issue, I will write here what I talked with my Lawyer.

First of all my information;
Applied from NJ
My Priority Date is:1/27/2003
No 45 day letter received yet.

As I talked to my lawyer, they are receiving 45 day letters in a random priority date format. The lucky ones, (some of their priority dates are much later then mine)(for me after an unethical process) who received their 45 day letters applied for I-485.
Now for the rest of us, the situation is as follows. After this time the order of receiving 45 day letter doesnot mean anything. Because it doesnot matter whenever you receive it. They are gona process the applications according to their priority dates. Right now they are processing 1999 cases. But considering our old experience with these guys, it is very hard to be optimistic that they will process these cases fast and of course here is our problem: I hope we can still stay in our jobs and legally in this country till they process our cases.

What a messed up situation.

As an important note: This situation is valid for Chinese and Indian Citizens. If you are from some other country you can apply to your I-485 right away after you get your LC. (Most probably, I-495 will be available for your country)

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all. Nobody's case will be approved in NJ untill they finish early 2001 cases. I have june 02 priority date from nj RIR eb3 and this doesnt mean any approval. If you look at ny forum you will see they r getting approval from the cases which is September 2001. That means we must wait until they get approved. If you look at FAQ from labor department web page, you will see there are some staff doing approvals for earlier cases. FIFO is the rule. Untill 2001 cases approved, nobody from 2002 will see labor cert. until 2002's approved and finished, nobody will see labor in 2003

Waiting4LC said:

EB 2 & RIR

"BEC is not going to start "processing" any cases until all of the 45 day letters are sent and they completed full data entry on approx. 345,000 cases they received."

Is it true? By following this forum I think some people who has later priority date that received and responded to the 45 days letters already have their case approved. Correct me if I am wrong.

Waiting4LC said:

EB 2 & RIR

I have a priority date of May 7 2002. Ihave not received my 45-day letter yet. Still waiting. My lawyer said, he received some 45-day letters but not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.