New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBB1974 Thanks for your confirmation.

ALl please give your information update here so that we can now keep a track of the LC issued by NJ DOL. So that we can have an idea of speed of processing from now on. Good news.

Hi vjain2k and Chirag Bhagat,
This news looks real because my lawyer told me that he himself attended the metting with SESA guys and NY DOL guys.
He used to give time frame to get over the April hump but always said that he thinks so and so.( like april hump will be over by first quarter of 2003 and ...)
This the first time he said that he himself attended the meeting.
Let see.

bbb1974 is it NY DOL or NJ DOL that you are referring to in your message , can you please clarify ???

Thanks for your clarification. My application was sent in Sep 2001. Any idea how much further DOL NJ will take to reach September. This is the next point of interest

Anyone whose PD for LC (NJ DOL) was in May 2001 and has been issued certification..please post in this forum..

Thanks for the great news, hope they would this news official come Monday March 3rd.. in the phone message.
Good luck everyone,,, and oh, my case was filed on June 6th 01.

don't leave the thread without updating yor status

mirium99,

I think yo r the first one (9th May) on this thread. Mine is after yo (16th).

All, Please don't leave the thread, without updating yor status. Notify us immediately when yo get yor LC.

Thanks,
Chirag

waited toooo long

guyz,

my PD is 1st week of May 2001. waiting since April 2001. I certainly wud like to see some light on end of the tunnel.

PRGC & Mirium99 you will receive the Certification first amongst us. Do not forget to post an notice on that forum as soon as you receive one...Lets see when it happens ! thats the first test

Last edited by a moderator:
My attorney made a mistake by filing in non-RIR category. My PD is April 23, 2001. Any idea as to when NJ will process non-RIR LC filed on April 23, 01 ?
thanks

anyone who applied with DOL NJ EB2/RIR in April 2001and has not received the LC ?? Can you please provide the details.

Conversely anyone who has applied for LC EB2/RIR applied in April 2001- DOL NJ and has received LC ?? can you also provide details.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by attorney made a mistake !!!. It is very surprising that you do not know it until now. What kind of lawyer is that?.

Non-RIR will cost you lot of time. It is huge mistake (may be intentional). For every day in April 2001, its going to take more than two months (atleast for Apr 26th and 27th) because of 245i filings. On top NJ is big mess and they have advanced only 15 days in last one year for non-RIR. As it comes to the end of April 01, it will have further delays (unless some miracle happens...like PERM processing). Also at Regional DOL non-RIR will have to wait 5-6 months where as RIR is current.

I am not scaring you...... Just want you to be aware and prepared.

Good Luck !!.

Originally posted by hopefulone
My attorney made a mistake by filing in non-RIR category. My PD is April 27, 2001. Any idea as to when NJ will process non-RIR LC filed on April 27, 01 ?
thanks

RIR Cases not received

Guyz,

I heard from my buddies that there are people who are waiting for April 22 RIR cases from NJ.

Can anyone please post the NJ labour date. Is April 2001 cleared? Is May 2001 started? Mine is May 11, 2001. Please guys post the latest date.

Mine was filed on 5th May 2001..............praying............

Last week my lawyer got approval on a case filed on 30th April. Anyone else?????

One of these days...............

Good luck evry one...

Don't rely on PERM

Guys,

Please don't rely on perm.
Here is the info. that came from my lawyer.

mirium99 & bikini, pl. update yor info asa yo hear from yor lawyer. Hope to here good news from yo soon...

PERM – and ITS CONSEQUENCES
=======================

PERM is a new Labor Certification Program that was first tabled before the public in 2001. PERM would work on-line with cases being approved within 20 days.

However, the proposed rules were strenuously objected to by AILA (American Immigration & Lawyers Association) and numerous others in that the program had many rules which would make Labor Certification almost impossible.

PERM would require employers to state salary range in the AD, the exact job duties as listed in the Labor Cert – which is going to increase Ad costs and will require separate Ads for each position, etc.

Consequently, PERM was put on hold and new proposed regulations are expected to be published in June. PERM is projected to go into effect as of October 2003 with the start of the new fiscal year.

PERM is unlikely to be a popular choice for many employers. 20% of all cases filed under PERM – WILL be audited. That means, DOL representatives will walk into the employers’ offices and go through all documentation with regard to recruitment, advertisement etc. Once the DOL is in the office they can obviously conduct an audit of all relevant records such as I-9, LCA’s, employee files etc.

We would not recommend any employer subject itself to a voluntary audit such as this. Historically, when the DOL goes into perform an audit they invariably find non-compliance on some ground or the other. Thus, an employer would be potentially exposing itself to DOL penalties.

PERM in all likelihood will carry a filing fee. As of now there is no filing fee for Labor Certification applications. The fee amount may range between $500 to $1,000 per application.

Note: Discussion on PERM will be resumed upon publication of the new proposed regulation in June 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.