New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I was told by my lawyer that NJ Dept. of Labor does not issue a receipt for Labor applications filed. Is this true? How can you determine if your case is filed or not ? How can one obtain his/her case number?

:confused: Mine filed under RIR/EB2 June 2001. No news, my lawyer/employer said, I won't get recipt or case number. Is it true someone help me , My time is running out. What's the proof to extend 7 th year.

Originally posted by coumars
:confused: Mine filed under RIR/EB2 June 2001. No news, my lawyer/employer said, I won't get recipt or case number. Is it true someone help me , My time is running out. What's the proof to extend 7 th year.

for faster LC from Delaware contact ajay@prgsi.com

NY DOL has started processing May cases. (See NY forum). Can someone similarly check with NJ DOL and check the status. NJ had lesser cases then NY and should at least be on the same level for professional cases. I had no success in checking the status so far. !!

I tried calling at 609-984-3520 and the automated message says that as of Feb 1st they are processing cases of April 30th for RIR.

You can try that no. to see if what I understood was right...

Gary

That is not the point !!!

Even the NY DOL automated message says that it will be processing April 2001 cases until the rest of the year etc. however the NY DOL people have mentioned that they have already started processing May 2001 Cases (the big hump has been crossed). Similarly someone needs actually to talk to NJ DOL processing people and confirm the possible date when it will move on to May. I have asked my attorney, but he has not checked yet. If anyone can make the attorney call and talk to NJ DOL that will clarify the status.

If any one looking for a honest company to process Labor from Harrisburg mail me. 80-20 deal on Ur rate. No charges for H1 or GC.
gcforme2003@yahoo.com

Originally posted by vjain2k
That is not the point !!!

Even the NY DOL automated message says that it will be processing April 2001 cases until the rest of the year etc. however the NY DOL people have mentioned that they have already started processing May 2001 Cases (the big hump has been crossed). Similarly someone needs actually to talk to NJ DOL processing people and confirm the possible date when it will move on to May. I have asked my attorney, but he has not checked yet. If anyone can make the attorney call and talk to NJ DOL that will clarify the status.

I heard some of the other states are not approving RIR cases filed last year beacuse of the job market situation. Any idea about 2001 cases in NJ?

Mine was filed on 5/9/2001.

Appreciate your response

Any updates?
When they are going to complete April'2001 cases?
Did any body spoke to SESA people?
Mine was filed in Aug'2001.
Please reply.
Thanks

NY DOL has moved on RIR cases for May How about NJ. Theoretically we should be approaching Mya as well. Anyone who has more upto date news????

get organized and write to your congresspersons and senators

Hi fellow NJ LC applicants,

Maybe the thousands of NJ applicants are already so resigned to the current situation that nobody is willing to talk loud about it any more. I checked the petition page, only a handful from NJ signed up compared with the hundreds in MD and CA. We're probably the second to MD worst hit in the country. NY has almost started May 2001, CT had jumped to July 01 by the end of this Jan, and now GA has moved to Aug 01!

What are we going to do? Sit back and wait? This NJ SWA seems to have an air-tight office that doesn't leak any useful information except for the automated April 30th message going on for ages. They don't have anything on their labor dept website mentioning this alien labor thing.

I'd like to do something, but because of the backlog situation and some other factors, my conservative company hasn't made up mind to even put up the ads, not to mention the rest of the LC nightmare.

Why don't we get organized and start talking to the congresspersons and senators. NJ has one of the largest concentrations of technical immigrants as well as illegal immigrants. If they care for the potential votes from the illegals, why don't they give a darn to us? I'm not sure if anybody in NJ has done it, but at least we can give it a shot now. NJ the worst state budget in the nation (yes, most states are in dark red this year) and we might suggest something however unrealistic it may sound, like charging us extra let's say 2000 bucks per capita for hiring new swa employees.

I'm so frustrated checking here every day and reading no friggin news. My LC process could have been started way back if not for this stupid backlog.

Oh well. I might have sounded too desparate. I shall keep praying.

Re: get organized and write to your congresspersons and senators

Originally posted by yann
Hi fellow NJ LC applicants,

Maybe the thousands of NJ applicants are already so resigned to the current situation that nobody is willing to talk loud about it any more. I checked the petition page, only a handful from NJ signed up compared with the hundreds in MD and CA. We're probably the second to MD worst hit in the country. NY has almost started May 2001, CT had jumped to July 01 by the end of this Jan, and now GA has moved to Aug 01!

What are we going to do? Sit back and wait? This NJ SWA seems to have an air-tight office that doesn't leak any useful information except for the automated April 30th message going on for ages. They don't have anything on their labor dept website mentioning this alien labor thing.

I'd like to do something, but because of the backlog situation and some other factors, my conservative company hasn't made up mind to even put up the ads, not to mention the rest of the LC nightmare.

Why don't we get organized and start talking to the congresspersons and senators. NJ has one of the largest concentrations of technical immigrants as well as illegal immigrants. If they care for the potential votes from the illegals, why don't they give a darn to us? I'm not sure if anybody in NJ has done it, but at least we can give it a shot now. NJ the worst state budget in the nation (yes, most states are in dark red this year) and we might suggest something however unrealistic it may sound, like charging us extra let's say 2000 bucks per capita for hiring new swa employees.

I'm so frustrated checking here every day and reading no friggin news. My LC process could have been started way back if not for this stupid backlog.

Oh well. I might have sounded too desparate. I shall keep praying.

File yoyr labour from Delware

Not true

Not true that all of us have been sitting on our tush doing nothing. I intensely lobbied a NJ congressman for over 8-10 months to do something until he finally stated he could do nothing.

I also wrote to the President 4 months back and again last week.

I have also written to John Ashcroft compliaining about this.

I have not heard from the president nor from Ashcroft's office.

If people could do half as much as I have, we would be much better heard.

CalvinX
ps: Don't just about doing something, go ahead and actually do it.

My attorney told me that on 2/18/03, they received approval on an LC case filed in NJ on 4/30/01.

Mine was filed on 5/9/01.

Does any one have any update?

Thanks!!

Re: not true

CalvinX,

Thanks for your reply.. I didn't say nobody was doing anything. What you did was admirable.. I would like to do something but I don't even have the case (my LC hasn't been filed yet) to speak to a representative. I thought it would be better to have an concerted effort that we can try it together. I certainly hope the petition organized by Mr. Khanna will have some positive effect.

abajaj8: thanks for your advice, but not everyone applying for LC is a consultant.

NJ Backlog should end soon.

Hi Friends,

Here is the information from my lawyer.
Good Luck to All !!!

NJ: Backlog of 22,741 applications.
==========================

State SWA is working on RIR cases filed on April 30, 2001, with 250 more pending. These 250 cases should be completed by end of February since NJ SWA processes about 300 cases a month. Then on, the SWA is projected to work on a month to month basis.

Traditional cases – April 23, 2001. These will take substantially longer as many more traditional cases were filed by the time the April 30, 2001 deadline was reached.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Chirag !

You have ony confirmed what I was hoping for. Infact if the April 30 processing hump is crossed I am quite sure it will not be month to month but even faster (perhaps 2 month processing in every month).

Keep your fingers crossed, and keep us posted if there is any other update.

Labor Situation in Telcordia Tech., NJ

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know that How's labor cert. situation for Telcordia Technology? Are labors being denied or halted filed by Telcordia Technology?

please share experience if someone knows.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: NJ Backlog should end soon.

Hi Chirag,
My lawyer also told it to me.Thanks for giving the same info from ur lawyer.

Hopefully we will get some good news on next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.