New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is NJ not accepting Labor Cert Application

Rectnly I\'ve send my Documents to my Company to file for Labor Cert. in NJ. But my company says that NJ Dept is not accepting New Applications currently as there are lot of pending Applications for NJ (April 2001). Please clarify/advise how far this is true

Thanks in advance

NJ labor filed December 2001

Hi all, any idea how long it might take to get labor done? mine was filed December 2001 Eb2-RIR.

Thanks, Sampath

As of June 1, 2002

SESA is still processing....

RIR - applications filed before 27 April 2001
NON-RIR- applications filed before 16 April 2001

In short, there was NO CHANGE in the status in the month of May

NJ SESA sucks!

The H1B Boat has no place to sail

Hi All,

Every day and Every time i try checking up websites for updated Labor,I-140 and 485 iam broke for it remains the same.
I feel whats going on and on.
USA needs immigrants and in need of Skilled Immigrants.
INS proposed getting illegal immigrants to Legal and get their Green Cards But what upto legal immigrants.
Legal H1B Candidates who inspite of paying taxes become out of status bcos of Jobless for short period and lose getting GC.
and the illegal who without paying taxes get their GC with out problems.
I think the INS should change the rules stating that those who stayed legally in USA and have paid taxes for three years should be given Green Card with outundergoing through the stages of Labor, 1-140 or 485.
now guess a situation a person has cleared his Labor and bcos of poor economy loses his job for few months .does it mean he is not suitable for GC.USA is a very big country and has multi skill requirement in various places.So may be the candidates would look out for a job in other state or place.The software industry is booming and may be the skills keep changing but the candidates can get the jobs in different city or state bcos he is laid off. the candidate at the same moment will try upgrading the skills but who know the company may shut down and does it mean he has to lose his GC.
another situation a person who is almost competing the 6 years term in USA and has not filed his GC so does it mean he not a propsective candidate for GC if he want to change his status to GC bcos he cannot stay more.
considering all this facts i think the INS must propose a new rules of issuing Green Cards to the people who have worked for atleast three years and have paid taxes.
when INS can make illegal aliens to legal why not those people who paid taxes.
We always post our messages here in Forum but who is dealing or taking up issues.we just lend our sorrows to another H1b Candidates and tell him the status of pending Issues here.
But if AILA and Senator of respective states take the issue and keep the new proposed law then thing would not be too hard.
Instead of this GC stages they can just have a security check and check whether the candidates has paid three years of Taxes and also can check education and experience.
but going throug all the three stages such as SESA, DOL , I-140 and 485 is tedious process.
I request all the attorneys , AILA and SENATORS to consider the request.also all the h1b holder should come out to write and request the respective immigartion offices.

Iam sorry for havinmg written such a big note and taking your valuable time but iam giving my personal opinion in this regards.

look forward for your valuable comments in this regard.

Long Live America and God Bless America.

Thanks,

ILOVEAMERICA

Usapal make better use of your time....

You raise valid issues but you will not get returns by raising your issues here. Write to the government if you want changes in immigration law. Write to John Ashcroft.

It is with the support of all H1\'s who R aspiring for GC

Calvin,

What U said is good idea.But U know It can be done with Good support of all those who r aspiring to get Green Cards.So i request everyone and each one of U to do the same and request John Ashcraft for the same.

No Title

What you said is right. I am with you. Let me know waht we can do together. Thanks..........

No Title

What you said is correct. I am with you. Let me know what we can do all together. Thanks............

Let\'s do it together

Usapal and you all out there,

A point well taken. We all are in the same boat. Let us sail together to the coast. We can all file a petition to DOJ and can also contact our senators. In our case, Bob Torricelli and Jon Corzine. This campaign must be continued till we succeed. This issue is being dragged for long time. The law certainly has a major flaw that needs to be addressed. There are people like me who are in this country for more than 11 years, legal for each and every day, but could not obtain GC for some weird and unfortunate reasons.

We must form a League of Our Own. We can voice our concern in mass. We should take this cause on stride until we success. It will not only benefit to us alone, but to the other people all over the country in the future.

Please get all the necessary information to contact these two senators and start working on that. I am more than happy to take the lead in this direction.

Any takers???????

Please reply.

The Question is how soon can we all Sail

Friends,

Every Body here put their hoes and cries here and the listener or reader r the one who has interest in their green card status.
Now the question is how soon or how fast can we sail.Its good we let know our opinions and problems by posting these messages.But there should be a point where the voices should reach the respective heads who can solve or discuss the problems of GC aspirants or the heads who can change the rules by understanding the guidelines.
So lets all collect togther the info and work out to know the contact no and details so that we can each and everyone can email our concern to them or may be give a call and let them know.
So good luck to all and hope one day the boat in which we R sailing will lead to help thousands of GC aspirants.

Thanks For Hearing and for your comments.

Gob Bless America and God Bless GC Aspirants

Aspiring Immigrants for GC in USA

Hi All,

Pl give a patient reading to all the contents given below.
The below mentioned notes is to understand the Processing of GC which is not to the extent of aspiring GC holders.
The first stage here is person coming down to USA may not file his GC as soon as he lands up in USA bcos of his personal reasons or the Employer.The total time a candidate can stay is Six years.Now a person after completeing his second year may get hold of employer who sponsors him GC.For the advertisements and all the prequisites may take six months .by then the candidate has almost completed his 2 and half years and by the time his labour is cleared in the present scenario it would take another one year which is almost 3 and half years.But by now bcos of ill luck of the candidate he may get laid off or employer may declare chapter 11.SO what is happening to Candiates GC?
does he have no future or does he need to file GC with another employer but bythen he will completes his Six years.Also if he finds New employer then the employer may not give the salary upto his expectations and candidate may be supressed stating that he would terminate his GC .The candidate with fearing has no other option but to work until he gets a GC.If candidate chooses to change employer then the over all time may end up and candidate has to walk back to his country.
USA requires more and more of Manpower in terms of Technology and Multi skills.Here the candidate who has tremendous skills but bcos of the bad economy or opportunist employers loose his GC status.
So Is USA not loosing a skilled and talented immigrant because of the different stages of GC and the long time.
Now consider a case where a candidate has cleared his Labor and has filed his I-140.during the time if the employer laid him of because of bad economy or employer closed his company.What is the fate of Candidate?Does he need to suffer because the employer laid him off.
Does it mean that he needs to go back another employer and start very thing from scratch?
Another situtation where an employee has filed his last stage i.e 1-485.the candidate is happy here but upto what extent.now again if the ill luck strikes him and before the 180 days he is laid of then what is the status of GC?
I appreciate the INS for it helped the candidate here stating that those who has completed 180 days after filing I-485 can change their employers.
It is good with INS proposed such rule where in candidate has no chance of loosing the GC if he has completed 180 days after filing I-1-485.
But think other wise for the first two stages of Labor and I-140 it is like the Snake and Ladder game(in which the cnadidate has to start everything from scratc again)
I therefore request all to write to INS , Senator or AILA requesting to remove of the Labor , I-140 and I-485 stages and just look for the people who paid taxes for three years and have security check and grant them the GC\'s.
There are people who being illegal are granted GCs even thought they have not paid taxes so why not legal skilled candidates.
Now suppose the INS states that rules R rules and Labor , I-140 and I -485 cannot be taken of for the reasons mentioned above.
Well if that is then INS can ease the rules stating that if employee is laid off or employer declaring chapter 11 can change his employer and also can continue his current Labor or I-140 or I-485 with another employer(The rule for I-485 is already there that candidate can change employer).By this the candidate need not go in for processing his GC from scracth again.
By this USA can get skilled candidates and the candidates are not suffered at the hands of Opportunist Employers.
I have come across some people who have come to USA illegally and with out paying taxes has almost their GCs in Hand.So what is the status of candidate who is legal to work here?Does he need to come illegally to get his GC?
All who came here R the ones who love America and wants to be an American.
So friends i think the above said paragraph may be feasible. Let all together write & Request to our respective Senators, Governors,INS officers, AILA and concerned offices of different departments.

Long Live America.

NJ Labor deptt. apathy sufferers

I am thinking of sending this letter to the NJ Senators, congressmen and labor commissioner and then probably personally call them to find out what happens. Anybody in same boat , would like to contribute his ideas , suggestions,

The Labor Commissioner
NJ DOL
Trenton, Nj

Sir,

I would like to draw your attention to the plight of legal non Immigrant workers here in the state of NJ which are suffering from the apathy of the NJ DOL. As an example in point my company had filed an application for permanent labor certification with the NJ DOL in the first week of May 2001. We are still to hear from the DOL . Our company attorneys have told us that the DOL is innundated with applications which were received under a new law 245-I .This law allows certain illegal immigrants working here to legalilze their stay. But I believe it is unfair to hold our cases for processing before their applications are processed. Situation is especially hard for people which are approaching the time limits on their maximum period of stay on Non-immigrant visas ( 6 years for H1B visa ). So allthough these people have been staying legally in this country for a long time and paying all the federal and state taxes they will have to leave the country because of delay in processing of their applications by DOL. Compare this situation to an illegal worker whose applications was filled under 245-i. He has not paid any taxes uptill now and he does not have to leave the country no matter how long the DOL takes to process his applications because he has already stayed beyond the validity of his visa. I believe the approach NJ DOL is taking to processing our applications and those received under 245- I is unfair to people who have worked hard to ensure success of NJ businesses and economy and have paid all their taxes over a period of last five years or more. . In comparison to NJ the wait time for processing these labor certiifcation applications is much smaller.

We would therefore kindly request you to look into this anamoly and take immediate action to correct the situation

Nations Security V/s GC Aspirants - What is the priority?

Folks,

Just like you guys, I too am in a similar boat almost completing 1 year since filing my labor in Jun\'01 and if things dont improve drastically I too would have to pacjk my bags very soon.However after the Sept. 11 incidence. We ought to look at the immigration matters in a different perspective.

Today USA has vowed to fight against terrorism and root it out of this country. Its is therefore critical for them to scrutinize all cases very thoroughly and not make any mistakes that can have cause more harm to this country.

In this scenario, If they have a backlog and are going thru the 245(i) cases of illegal immigrants tediously, who is to blame them? We ought to support their cause and not cry foul over the delay. I personally don’t think that taking our grievance to the Senators is going to make thing better. Let nature take its own course and have faith in the system that things would work out better for all concerned.

Don’t misunderstand me, The nations security far outweighs our personal predicament in terms of LCA process or for that matter our aspirations for a GC.

Your thoughts and comments are most welcome,

Regards,

makeurpoint

My 2 cents

I see your point but consider this point of view
I have lived in this country for > 5 years now and one thing which US boasts itself of is freedom and equality if one abides by law. Consider my case ,someone who has paid all taxes and contributed to the economy of this country but will have to leave US just because soeomne who may have been staying here for last 15 years illegally just happen to put in his application for LC 5 dyas before . Now if his application is not processed for even next 2 years he will not continue one with his life whereas I who is a law abiding citizen will have to leave just because my application is sitting in the system for abt 2 years. What kind of justice and equality is that.
I am sure I will succeed if i go back to India or to some country say Cnada/Europe but surely will be disappointed by the system here

No Title

Well said laborpained. Rather than just argue about the whole system which can not be changed in a few months, lets try what can be achieved, and that is to lobby for faster implementation of DOL PERM. That is a realistic propostion that could see results.

NJ Labor Cert Status

Does anyone know the reason for the delay in processing in NJ? For more than 5 months they are still processing Apr 2001. Any news?
Thanks.

Hello, My 2 cents

I understand agitation of you guys with regard to Immigration issues and have been silently looking at your messages. I am myself very adversely affected by all this . One thing that concerns me is that I am not sure what are we trying to change, from usapals email it looks like we want to change the whole immigration process as it is structured today. Excuse me for sounding negative but I am not sure whether it is a realistic goal especially considering that US is only looking at tightening of immigration procedures and any attempt to loosen the procedures may not make much headway. Consider this, the DOL PERM program which was introduced couple of months back has been talked about for the last 3 years it took them 3 years for a relatively simple change in the procedure and will still take them probably a year and a half to implement this. I would rather have them reform the programs in steps DOL PERM program for example is a good thought but needs to be implemented faster.
What do you guys think.

Let\'s try all our resources

There is no harm in contacting our local senators. We will atleat have one on one communication. We might as well try all our possible avenues as suggested by you.

All we need here is to work together to achieve our goal. IF we need to come together on personal level we might as well do that. For instance, we may need to meet someone or circulate a signing sheet for submitting a petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.