"new" harder test from Oct.1? is it true?

Washburn27

Registered Users (C)
I have no idea if this is true or not:
one of my friends who became a citizen recently said that from Oct.1 onwards the civics test is different ??? and that it's harder, etc?

is this true?
if it is, where do i get the latest/newest version of the test? (online/paper/cd doesn't matter)
I only have a booklet that they gave me when I went to get my FP done in April this year...

Any feedback/info/confirmation is appreciated.
sorry if my friend is bananas.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've applied for naturalization before Oct. 1st 2008 and have an
interview after Oct. 1st 2008, you have an option to choose between
the old test and the new one.

If I were you, I will take the old one.

good luck :rolleyes:

docrhee:)

Sent Apps 06/30/2008
PD 07/02/2008
ND 07/08/2008
FP Notice RCD 07/11/2008
FP Done 07/26/2008
Interview Notice RCD 08/08/2008
Interview Done 09/19/2008
Oath LR RCD 09/23/2008
Oath Ceremony 10/07/2008
I have no idea if this is true or not:
one of my friends who became a citizen recently said that from Oct.1 onwards the civics test is different ??? and that it's harder, etc?

is this true?
if it is, where do i get the latest/newest version of the test? (online/paper/cd doesn't matter)
I only have a booklet that they gave me when I went to get my FP done in April this year...

Any feedback/info/confirmation is appreciated.
sorry if my friend is bananas.

I studied the new test along with the old one. my interview was today, however when I checked the civic flash cards...there are alot of long answers. It would take more time to study. I'm referring to the civic flashcards. check them out.

Definitely, the new one is long and hence, difficult for many people whose English is limited.
That's why many immigration lawyers all over the US encourage people to apply for naturalization before Oct. 1st
so that people could pass the test with the old one. I think there are many out there who think even the old test
is difficult....

I studied the new test along with the old one. my interview was today, however when I checked the civic flash cards...there are alot of long answers. It would take more time to study. I'm referring to the civic flashcards. check them out.

I found the questions very similar, just worded differently. I really don't think one is harder than the other..it all comes down to what one you find easier to memorize.

It really depends on one's educational level. It may be harder for some folks; since, it does make you think about the question as opposed to just parroting a memorized answer...just my $0.02

I looked at both tests today. Not harder just different.... In fact I like the latest version much better....

OK; so where exactly do I find a copy of the new one?
Any link online where I can order/download one?
Thanks.
EDIT: just saw the pdf links; thanks

and is the option of choosing between old/new a set rule, or just random with some IOs/DOs?
I don't have any problems with English, but I just wanna be informed.