New H4 Visa stamped but a problem. Please Suggest

priya2345

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I received my H4 visa stamped from washington today. I had applied on 28th April 2004. I was a bit surprised when I received this early. Before opening I thought it was rejected. But thank god the visa was stamped.
Now to my problem. The visa issued doesn't display my photo properly. Its very dark. My face can't be seen. I don't know how this has happenned.
--The visa issued is till nov 2004.
--I will not be travelling outside US till this time.
--Again we will now be applying for extension based on 1 yr labour pending.
so if this extension is issued then we will be sending for stamping again.

I read the state govt website for corrections and it says to send only for incorrect information and will be issued within a week without any fees.

Should I do this or I can ignore this and get it properly stamped next time.
Please Suggest on this matter.
Has anyone send the visa for corrections and received it properly and how much time?

Thank You for reading

You do not need to get a stamp, if you do not want to. You can always apply at your home country when you travel outside. (Esp. with the 1 yr. extensions)

priya2345 said:
Hello everyone,
I received my H4 visa stamped from washington today. I had applied on 28th April 2004. I was a bit surprised when I received this early. Before opening I thought it was rejected. But thank god the visa was stamped.
Now to my problem. The visa issued doesn't display my photo properly. Its very dark. My face can't be seen. I don't know how this has happenned.
--The visa issued is till nov 2004.
--I will not be travelling outside US till this time.
--Again we will now be applying for extension based on 1 yr labour pending.

so if this extension is issued then we will be sending for stamping again.
*** according to lastest reports the Visa revalidation from DOS in DC will be stoped in August/Sep as they need finger prints for any Visa and all the consulate has started taking FP
I read the state govt website for corrections and it says to send only for incorrect information and will be issued within a week without any fees.
---- you dont need correction
Should I do this or I can ignore this and get it properly stamped next time.
---you are OK
Please Suggest on this matter.
Has anyone send the visa for corrections and received it properly and how much time?

Thank You for reading

Thank You all for ur replies,

Ginnu does it mean that after Aug we have to go to our home country for stamping?

If yes, wow that would be very costly

Congrats Priya2345 for getting revalidation so quickly. I have some specific question on DS-156.
Did you use the electronic version of the form? If yes what did you for the following items?
Did you write anything for Q-8 and Q-9? For me I tried to write 'N.A.', which was not accepted.
What was your answer for Q-22? Did you leave that blank and write 'Already in US' after taking the printout?
For Q-29, did you mention your first entry date to this country and then for 'For How long..', 'Since .... to till date', or anything else?

Did you use Money Order for the fees? If yes, did you mention the address on it?

Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

Thanks,

I used Electronic form

Q8 and Q9 I just left blank

Q22 i wrote with black pen "already in U.S' as suggested by many on this site

Q29 When -- wrote the first date of entry as in passport
For how long ---- Presently staying in U.S.

For fees, I used a bank draft.

priya2345 said:

Ginnu does it mean that after Aug we have to go to our home country for stamping?

Or any consulate which will entertain your appliacation. Costly Yes, but you will not be specifically going for revalidation. You will be going for a personal trip/business trip/vacation where you finish this item.

Thanks for the reply Priya2345. In India at Calcutta consulate they are asking for DS-157 for femake candidate also. By any chance did you send here too? As per the DS website you need DS-157 is onle for Male and within certain age group. So I think that is not required.

Thanks,
oajnabi

priya2345 what did you mention for Q-27.. 'Accompanying husband' or somthing else?
What was your reply for Q-34? Should it be 'N/A (Already in U.S. and staying with my husband)' or you wrote somthing else?

Thanks again in advance. You are very helpful.
oajnabi

priya2345 said:

----- according to latest reports YES they are going to stop Visa revalidation in US, many lawyer through AILA are advising DOS to send Fingerprint and a person can get FP and can also submit to DOS with Visa revalidation,> latest is they are going to Stop.
----- Yes it will be costly and many will struck out side becase in India Madras and Bombay US consulates are creating problems for H1 or H4 Visa stamps at this time and those who have been on BENCH or TABLE or got the less wages than LCA will face problems and those from Madras side submitted Fake EXP letters and Fake degree certificates will be facing problems ( they Must face the problem becase they lied and made it difficult for other Genuine cases)

Today I recd my H1 visa stamped from St.Louis with same condition.....the Photo is not visible same like Priya2345. I also thought it is rejected when I see the post first.

My case is more surprise because I sent only on 19th May....That too Priority mail with same priority envelope inside.......recd back within 3 weeks.

I think it is not a problem with that picture as it is not our mistake...

Hi

I have also received my PP with H1 stamped in a months time from D.C office AND AGAIN the photo is not clearly visible.Its not even recognizable that it is me. I am planning to travel to India in weeks time. I dont know what to do. Is it an issue to travel with this Visa where photo is not clearly visible.

Please advise.

smxhan said:
Hi

I have also received my PP with H1 stamped in a months time from D.C office AND AGAIN the photo is not clearly visible.Its not even recognizable that it is me. I am planning to travel to India in weeks time. I dont know what to do. Is it an issue to travel with this Visa where photo is not clearly visible.

Please advise.

Was the photo you attached good?

I donno what really good means...but it was very clear ...bright ...size according instructions ... i mean the photo itself was very good and clear...

I am not sure..according to 301 a copy is sent to POE. So if that is clear it would help.