New H4 do i need a appointment for stamping in India?

anu73_in

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a valid new H4 which is not stamped on my passport. My finger printing is already done in past and my old visa is still valid which is stamped on passport.

I am going to India for 3 months so my question is do I need to take a appointment for the new visa stamping. I had sent query to US consulate in India who give appointments and one replied yes & one replied no..........and now I am totally confused....

Pls anyone can advice.

Thanks
Anu

anu73_in said:
Hi,

I have a valid new H4 which is not stamped on my passport.
--------- do you have H4 extension approved?
My finger printing is already done in past and my old visa is still valid which is stamped on passport.
----------read first line you wrote that"H4 which is not stamped on my passport"
I am going to India for 3 months so my question is do I need to take a appointment for the new visa stamping. I had sent query to US consulate in India who give appointments and one replied yes & one replied no..........and now I am totally confused....

Pls anyone can advice.

Thanks
Anu
---------- till what date your H4 VISA stamp in passport is valid?
is that Stamp now expired?
provide full info. VISA is Visa stamp in passport if you got H4 extension from USCIS then it is extension of your stay in US and it is NOT Visa stamp

Hi,

I have the approval notice valid til AUG2008 which relates to my husband's new H1 visa and my H4 visa that is stamped in my passport having name of previous employer is valid till AUG2007.

Thanks
Anu

anu73_in said:
Hi,

I have the approval notice valid til AUG2008 which relates to my husband's new H1 visa
---------H4 is ALWAYS related to H1 of spouse
and
my H4 visa that is stamped in my passport having name of previous employer is valid till AUG2007.
---------- you have H4 visa stamped in passport till 2007 with employer name A on it

When you come back to US at POE show your spouse H1 and your valid H4 visa stamp in passport and you will get I-94 till August 2008(till your spouse H1 approval notice) . If you dont show your spouse H1 approval notice at POE and ONLY show your H4 stamp then you will get I-94 till 2007.
** you CAN come to US with valid H4 visa stamp it does not matter if it is through your spouse Employer A name or employer b name on it.