New feature on USCIS case status page

skjun02,
Did u renew your EAD and recieve your EAD card? Your EAD card would clearly show FP available or not.
Our first EAD card says FP not available. The renewed says FP available.

Thanks for providing this info.

I could able to create an account and add my wife's LIN too.
At last BCIS made little effort in making our life easy and also processing date went ahead to Jan,2002.

Jan 9, 2002 can't be right. Few days back someone posted a link to aila website that said processing date was 12/01/2001. Now uscis web site says it is 01/09/2002, posted on the same date 04/08/2004 as before when it showed 09/26/2001. Also all the service centers show the same date. So, this definitely looks like some glitch/snafu, unless uscis deliberately wanted to post 01/09/2002 for all the service centers.

This could be their new strategy to use a single date for all service center, so no one will complain about how slow their SC is..that is too evil...i hope not

peace_of_mind,

I did not apply for EAD with my 485. However, I applied for my wife's EAD. Her 1st EAD had FP not available.

Subsequently, I applied my EAD, renewed it once. My wife's EAD was renewed twice. But, all these renewed EADs still say FP not available.

Does this mean that NSC never got the FP back. I called FBI after our FP and was informed that our FP was Ok and sent to NSC. The status was never updated. But, that was normal.

Now that I see my Last Updated date as 08/14/02, I am a bit concerned. First of all, suppose NSC did not get our FP back. Will they assume that we never went for FP? In that case, what happenes to our case? I somewhere read in the forum that if you do not turn up for FP (which is what NSC will assume in my case as it did not get any thing back), your case is terminated. But, I know our cases are still live as we are able to get our EADs renewed.

I will appreciate any comments.

By the way, can any one give me the FBI FP check number.

-sk

skjun02,
If you can wait till tomorrow..., I will post the FBI FP check number. tomorrow is my 2nd FP date..., since I will be going to the local office for FP, I will ask for the phone number directly. Meanwhile if somebody posts the number for you, fine well and good.

If I were you, I will call FBI first, give A# and find out on what date FP info was sent to NSC.
Call USCIS 800 number, ask them whether they have recieved your FP update from FBI. If yes, ask for the date...

In my case..., Last update date is showing as 01/30/2003, this may be the update of address change over phone.

USCIS as a black box was much better than now. Half information is more confusing and frustating. Since the date of last updates is being shown, I would like to see what did they do on the last update date. Also, I would like to see every date, and status info.., for example, my FP were updated, my Name check is completed etc.

By the way.., I am frustated that FBI name check has not returned my call..., I do not know what happened in my name check...

Small Step from USCIS

Good to see that USCIS start to take effort to improve. But the most important improvement that I want to see is to speed up the process.

peace_of_mind,

Thank you. I will take your suggestion. I will confirm with FBI first and call USCIS to find out. I will wait for your post for the FBI number. I may also have it in some place.

All the best for your 2nd FP.

-sk

Just to share...

I have registered myself and created portfolio. Then I added my family to my portfolio.

It's a cool feature. MY wife's updated date field shows the date I filed AR-11 while for me it is RFE received date. So now we can verify whether USCIS has recived AR-11 change of request form or not.

Marthak

skjun02

Here are a collection of FBI number that I found from this forum. Hope this will help.

You can check the status of your FP at:
304 625-2000
304-625-2406
304-625-3878
304-625-5590
202-324-2399 (Name Check)

Email from USCIS

Yesterday and Today I received emails from USCIS on my 3rd AP that I had applied last week.
(the message content is exactly same as in online)

My checks cleared yesterday(04/19). I am assuming the worker updated my case to indicate that the checks were cleared and this might have triggered the email notification.

Looks like any update they do to your case is going to generate an email. It would be frustating to get an email with no way of knowing what triggered the email.

Also, I got duplicate emails (2 emails sent at the same time for the same case)

I feel lets give some time to agency to stram line the process. My personnel thinking is it is good at least to know your file is being opened and soemthing is being done.

Thanks, Guys.

I created an account and added my wife's I485, my I140 and I485 into the portfolio. When I clicked the left LIN numbers, the status are the same as the case status on line.

Our I485s were received on Dec 27,2002 and FP done on 2/5/2003, but the last updated status on 1/3/2003 is still the very original one "Your application...was received on....". I called FBI and was told that FP was sent to USCIS teh second day after it was done. Does anybody have the similar situation?

The more strange thing is, my I140 was approved in Mar. 2003. But till now the status is still the very original one "Your application was received on.....".