New FAQ entry on what to do after I-485 approval.

Nice job ETA-GC!! Thanks. In re Willaborgc's note, you clearly stated that SSN number will not change, just the existing restrictions to SSN need to be cancelled after AOS approval, also the minor(s) will be eligible to get SSN, that is why one needs to sort everything out and go to Social Sec. office. This of course is my understanding of the issue.

Very good job,ETA-GC.
I beleive it might almost be the same procedure under all Service centers and useful for all guys under NSC,CSC,VSC,TSC.Am I correct?
But only change may be that for ex.under San Jose office,it mentions only one appointment required for entire family for GC stamping .
You mentioned that we must receive appointment notices by mail.
My question is if we do not receieve the appointment letters intime, can we use our printout made while taking appointment online.do they accept?Any inputs on this.

Participant said:
I beleive it might almost be the same procedure under all Service centers and useful for all guys under NSC,CSC,VSC,TSC.Am I correct?

Yes, the information applies to all locations and I posted links to that post from each of the corresponding (NSC, VSC, CSC, TSC) I-485 forums. I also added the FAQ to the general I-485 FAQ section (maybe somebody will make it a sticky).

Participant said:
But only change may be that for ex.under San Jose office,it mentions only one appointment required for entire family for GC stamping .

Yes, this seems to vary from location to location however even some locations which previously let families do a single appointment are changing their policy these days so be careful about this...

Participant said:
You mentioned that we must receive appointment notices by mail.
My question is if we do not receieve the appointment letters intime, can we use our printout made while taking appointment online.do they accept?Any inputs on this.

No -- I'll double check but I think I said that you need to wait until you receive the I-485 approval notices.

I haven't heard that the appointment letters will be mailed to you -- normally you do use the printouts that you made yourself.

Thanks for your feedback / comments!

ETA

ETA-GC said:
I haven't heard that the appointment letters will be mailed to you -- normally you do use the printouts that you made yourself.

Thanks for your feedback / comments!

ETA
Thanks for the reply.This answers my question.

where do we change ssn card? I understand the no is not changed, but the new card should not have "not authorized to work".

hidden_dragon said:
where do we change ssn card? I understand the no is not changed, but the new card should not have "not authorized to work".

Read the FAQ at the above link :).

ETA

Expiring Passports and Stamping

ETA,
Thanks for all the info you have put it in one place. But it will be better if you add the following details also into it.

Can you add the following to the FAQ for Expiring passports.

• They will stamp your passport only if the passport is valid for more than a year from the stamping date. If your current passport expires with in a year from the Stamping Date then you need to carry additional Photo with you. Officer at the Service Center’s will create a temporary card using an I-94 Form affixing the additional photo and stamp it on the card. This is equivalent to the original stamping they usually they do in the passport and it is valid for a year. Even after you get your passport get renewed from your county or country's consulate you do not need get stamped on your renewed passport.

Stamping Renewal :
If the current stamping is expired even before you receive the original card, then you have to follow the same steps and get your stamping renewed on your passport.

Thanks,
Dhi2003