New Employer

Qatrn

Registered Users (C)
Sponsor A filed a petition for me but was denied due to filing issues which is a fault from their side. I signed a contract with them and the processing of my petition is almost one year now.I found another employer who is willing to file petition for me. Will there be any problem? I'm still outside US.
Sponsor A is threatening to suit me. They did not live up with their promises and they did not spend single cent for my exams except fees related to filing of petition. help me pls...

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of petition. Is it an H1 or LC.?

Both the cases you no need to worry. You are not inside USA, you are not liable. Since they fail to provide visa ,you are at financial losses. So you can sue them.

Qatrn said:
Sponsor A filed a petition for me but was denied due to filing issues which is a fault from their side. I signed a contract with them and the processing of my petition is almost one year now.I found another employer who is willing to file petition for me. Will there be any problem? I'm still outside US.
Sponsor A is threatening to suit me. They did not live up with their promises and they did not spend single cent for my exams except fees related to filing of petition. help me pls...

great guru said:
What kind of petition. Is it an H1 or LC.?

Both the cases you no need to worry. You are not inside USA, you are not liable. Since they fail to provide visa ,you are at financial losses. So you can sue them.

The petition they filed is Employment Based. I am planning to find another employer who is willing to sponsor me. i am just worried if the denial of my petition will have an affect to the new petition and if there will be any legal consequences if signed another contract to other agency.

If it is a LC

Denial is no way affect you.

Qatrn said:
The petition they filed is Employment Based. I am planning to find another employer who is willing to sponsor me. i am just worried if the denial of my petition will have an affect to the new petition and if there will be any legal consequences if signed another contract to other agency.

Have you signed the contract with them?
What does it say?
Usually, in cases like this you will have to pay the cancellation fee.