• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New document procedure being implemented

Received a request for documents to be emailed to KCC yesterday however my case isn't likely to be scheduled until July/August next year (2019OC10XX). I'm still going to get it sent as soon as possible and just purchase another police certificate when the interview is scheduled.

Received a request for documents to be emailed to KCC yesterday however my case isn't likely to be scheduled until July/August next year (2019OC10XX). I'm still going to get it sent as soon as possible and just purchase another police certificate when the interview is scheduled.
Sounds like a good idea but I thought the documents scanned and sent in had to match the ones handed in at the interview? They would have different dates on them

Sounds like a good idea but I thought the documents scanned and sent in had to match the ones handed in at the interview? They would have different dates on them

They’ll surely be perfectly happy to accept updated documents - also possible people need to renew their passports on the interim, for example. I’m assuming the main point of the new procedure is to ensure applicants are documentarily qualified for US immigration before interview, the documents relevant to this being the only ones requested. There is on the official page certainly scope for bringing other documents (eg proof of education/work)

The documents must be translated by certified translator of usa embassy or any sworn translator ? thank you

I emailed the KCC enquiring whether I could take an updated copy of the police certificate with me to the interview and received the following response back.

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is a genuine email. For more information on required documents, refer to the Department of State's Diversity Visa webpage at https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html.

The following documents are required for all applicants:

• Copy of passport biodata page (no translation required)
• Birth certificate
• Military records for any applicant who has previously served in the military. If you have not served in the military, military records are not required.
• Police certificates for applicants 16 years of age or older from all required countries, which can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html. Click the link to find if a police certificate is required for your country.
• If you have been convicted of a crime, a certified copy of each court record and any prison record. This is only needed if you have been convicted of a crime.

You will take original or certified copies of all documents you submit to KCC to your visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate. Submit the same documents to KCC that you will take to your visa interview. Any differences between the documents you submit electronically to KCC and the originals you present at your visa interview could cause delays in processing or refusal of your visa application.

I guess the plan now is to take the copy I submit now to the identity verification with me as well as the newer copy. My main concern is that the police certificate is only valid for 12 months from the date I receive it and I'm hoping to get 6 months of time after the interview to wrap things up here if I'm accepted.

I guess the plan now is to take the copy I submit now to the identity verification with me as well as the newer copy. My main concern is that the police certificate is only valid for 12 months from the date I receive it and I'm hoping to get 6 months of time after the interview to wrap things up here if I'm accepted.

The 6 months or whatever period after the interview is irrelevant. The police certificate only needs to be valid at the interview. The only relevance for that period is the medical validity, which determines visa expiry.