New Dec 2001 Tracker continuation to old one

Congrats

GCCrusader, congrats for your approval and also your endless interest to all. Thanks

CONGRATS BUDDY..

u have been a valuable source of information and inspiration to all of us..now u would be in to I-485 forum..but do please visit this site as u have answered lot of questions...

congrats again..
shanks

preparation for 485

Hi everybody,
Firstly thanks for the congragulatory messages...I am sure all of you will get through soon.I hope all of you have prepared all the documents reqd for 485.
Birth certificate from India is a important one.Even though i prepared from two weeks ago i still had that document missing
i finally got it this morning by fax from India.

The problem with birth certificates from India is that they come with no name...we have to then get a affidavit from parents stating that you are their kid....
Not every body goes through this but i had to....

If you havent already done so,please start collecting and making copies of all documents required.

Congratulations GCCrusader -- I also have ? which may be you can answer

I recently got my Birth Certificate from India, But it has the Registration date and Issue Date of Jan-02. Is that vaild, or do I need additional papers along with it.

Also can you post the list of Documents required for I-485.

Thanks and Congratulations again. Mine is ND 17-DEC-01, Substitution EB3, EAC-02-065-XXXXX.

DEC 01....Registration date and issue date wont matter

As long as the certficate states you date of birth,issue and registration date should not matter.

For example: i finished my masters in 1991 but lost documentation,i had it reissued by the university and obviously they gave the issue date of present day but pass date of 91.It is the same for Birth too.

I will post the 485 docs list in the evening ,i want to be sure before i post something.

DEC01

I have had friends who took the certificate just before going to 485 and made it to their GC without problem. But to remove any doubts, you could get the affidavits while you wait for 140.

approved

Just heard from phone that my I140 was approved on Jan. 31.
RD: 12/4
ND: 12/6
Cat: EB2
Hope every one here will hear your approve message soon!

Docs for 485

1.Approved 140
2.Copy of original Labor approval ( Not compulsory)
3.Photographs
4.Copy of visa used to enter the country
5.Copy of I 94
6.Passport all pages
7.Medical results
8.Copy of present Visa
9.Copy of any other H1 that you may have used in the past.
10.Present employemnt letter
11.Future employment letter
12.Affidavit of support ( depending on attorney there are two diffferent ones and sometimes they dont use any.. stating it is employment based)
13.Birth certificate
14.Marriage cerificate ( if married)
15.Fees ( changes from 19 th Feb)

Basically what i understand is that we have to show to the INS that we were in Status all through the our stay in the US,and we have to provide personal information for them to be able to conduct background checks.
Suggest you apply for EAD and AP with the 485 which are separte applications.

I-140 APPROVED.......YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hello Guys,
My I-140 was approved on Jan 31st...
my details are as follows

RD - 5th December,
EB3 RIR.

Shanks

Previous Tax returns

If you yet not file 2001 tax returns and better to file e-file immediately and apply to IRS with form 4506 for the previous 3 years tax returns i.e., 1999,2000 and 2001.

mine RD is 11/20/01, ND is 12/11/01, I saw some people\'s rd are behind me all get their approval, I

Ration Card?

Is form 1040 which is used while filing of taxes of taxes each year coupled with Copy of W2 to support it not enough....

This is required which shows the proof that u filed tax returns to IRS regularly.

only W2s may be enough but it\'s always better send tax returns. So far I learned from the IRS web site, it\'s couples of hrs of work if u go to ur local IRS office and fill the form and get the previous returns. It\'s free. That\'s all.