New CSA position

kanuk@york

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I've been in the US for a few years working on as a CSA with TN status. During my time here, I've invested in a company and since the company has grown and I would like to resign from my current position and start to work for the company I invested in.

I'm doing some research and it looks like getting approved for a TN "sponsored" by a company in which I have some equity is not possible!

How can I break this nut!

Thanks

You cannot have ANY say in teh workings of the company. So, you could sell your share of the company, at least down to the level where you are making NO decisions, and no one is listening to you, including the decision to hire you.

"Some" equity, like shares, is not a say in the company. But since you seem to idicate that the decision for you to work for the firm is yours to make, that tells me that you have some measure of control.

E2 visa

I did some research on starting business in USA.

If you have more than 2 employees and show US$100k investment. You can qualify for E2 visa.

So I guess you should move to the E2 forum. Just note that you cannot keep your TN f you switch to E2.

H1-b ?

I'm reading about some new guidelines about H1B and employee being owners of the startup.

Could that be an avenue?