• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Baby Entering US first time, Paperwork needed.

Hershal

Hi All

I know this question has been answered before, probably a few times, but for the life of me I cant find the answer anywhere.

My Wife and I are finally in the last month of our move to Houston, TX. In Early January we will be landing for our Permanent move. We activated our Green Cards (and have received them in the mail already) in March this year and returned to Australia to have the Baby. Now he is 4 months old and we will be travelling to the US with him for the first time.

Can anyone confirm the actual process that happens here? My Wife will be travelling with him on here own and I will already be in the US when they arrive, I am hoping this is not going to be an issue as she already has her green card.

The young guy has 2 passports (German and Australian) lucky guy, do we have to tell the US authorities of them both or just one that we want to register him with, and if so would there be a preference?

We have printed off some information regarding him not needing a Visa, but is there anything else we would require? Photos for example? I am under the impression a medical is not needed.

If there is a link to another thread that would be great and any information would be awesome. This is the last thing we need to make sure runs smoothly before we start our new life.

Cheers

Hi !

"According to the U.S. immigration law, a child under two years of age who was born of a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) mother during a temporary visit abroad does not require an immigrant visa in order to travel to the United States if the alien parent is in possession of a valid I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card) or “Green Card”, a valid reentry permit, or an SB-1 visa. The child must be admitted to the United States within two years of birth and the accompanying parent must be applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child. We suggest that the accompanying parent carry documentary evidence of his or her relationship to the child, including the child's passport and birth certificate."

Found the answer on the CBP/US Embassy websites (can't post the link since I haven't posted 5 messages on this forum, but you can find it by googling "child born to an LPR mother while visiting abroad" )

Hope it helps !

I have seen this too, and have it printed it out along with some more literature, but I was more worried about all the paperwork we need. I have the Birth Certificate and His Passport and Our Wedding Certificate, along with our green cards. I was just wondering if we needed to supply photos or something like we did when we did our POE for them to process his green card, or does he not get one or one without a photo?

Hi !

"According to the U.S. immigration law, a child under two years of age who was born of a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) mother during a temporary visit abroad does not require an immigrant visa in order to travel to the United States if the alien parent is in possession of a valid I-551 (Lawful Permanent Resident Card) or “Green Card”, a valid reentry permit, or an SB-1 visa. The child must be admitted to the United States within two years of birth and the accompanying parent must be applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child. We suggest that the accompanying parent carry documentary evidence of his or her relationship to the child, including the child's passport and birth certificate."

Found the answer on the CBP/US Embassy websites (can't post the link since I haven't posted 5 messages on this forum, but you can find it by googling "child born to an LPR mother while visiting abroad" )

Hope it helps !

Been scrambling the web and couldn't find an answer :(

I would take the US style photos just to be safe !

Have a good one

Been scrambling the web and couldn't find an answer :(

I would take the US style photos just to be safe !

Have a good one

I am the same, I couldn't find anything on photos or anything. Thing is I wont be travelling with my wife and son, so I just want to make sure they ave everything sorted and there is no issues with them getting through the immigration at Dallas. Its the last thing I have to worry about before we get into the USA and then we are all sorted. I am probably over worrying here, but if my son doesn't get in properly then there is no point of going at all.

I'm pretty sure they won't give your wife any hassle because of your 4 months old baby ;) (Congrats btw !)

I have seen this too, and have it printed it out along with some more literature, but I was more worried about all the paperwork we need. I have the Birth Certificate and His Passport and Our Wedding Certificate, along with our green cards. I was just wondering if we needed to supply photos or something like we did when we did our POE for them to process his green card, or does he not get one or one without a photo?

For the baby, your wife should have the baby's international passport, birth certificate (they may collect the original b/c from her with the promise that it will be sent back to you guys later on - so I suggest get an additional official copy if you can), and 2 passport-sized photos.

Bearing in mind that some airlines/carriers may not understand the fact that the baby does not need a visa for this trip, I suggest you contact your consulate and request to be issued with a letter of transportation. This will be presented at the point of departure should their be an issue with the carrier. You can also contact the airline you'll be using ahead of time to find out their understanding regarding flying with a child born outside of the US to parents with LPR status.

For the baby, your wife should have the baby's international passport, birth certificate (they may collect the original b/c from her with the promise that it will be sent back to you guys later on - so I suggest get an additional official copy if you can), and 2 passport-sized photos.

Bearing in mind that some airlines/carriers may not understand the fact that the baby does not need a visa for this trip, I suggest you contact your consulate and request to be issued with a letter of transportation. This will be presented at the point of departure should their be an issue with the carrier. You can also contact the airline you'll be using ahead of time to find out their understanding regarding flying with a child born outside of the US to parents with LPR status.

We emailed the Embassy here in Australia and all they did was direct us to a pdf on their website, so we printed it off, I will definitely get another birth Certificate just in case that is no issue and will also get the photos. I am probably just over thinking it and it should be no issues but better to be over organised than get caught out on the day