new asylee here

MACTEP

hi folks!!
i've been reading your forum for 3 days. gotta say looooots of information.I'm also asylee (judje granted 12/20/08).but as much as i read i couldn't get few of my concerns answered.please help me with answers or direct me to the link(if it was discussed before).oh yeah .
i'm derivative asylee(spouse). and we both from different countries.prior i was out of status for 3 years.and my NP expired.so following questions:
1) can i go to my country(not COP) with RTD , but not to show it to my country's custom and use it for US entry.and if i do that i gotta change my NP. would it affect me later
2) if i'm going for 4-6 weeks do i need reentry permit?
3) i was told about benefits i can collect(health, food stamp, rent help even cash) but honestly those are the last things i wanna get.BUT i'm really interested in Financial aid for college. any specific places to look after?
have a good one everybody

Привет Мастер,
1) Renew your passport the regular way - through the embassy of the country you are from. Then you can go to your country just fine (as long as it is not COP). If you will not be away for a long time, you should be just fine, it will be viewed just as regular travelling. Use your new passport to get in, show your RTD when you return. The absence of visa in RTD will be explained by your existing citizenship.
2) you need your RTD
3) pick your college and ask about their programs and rules there.

Good luck:)

Привет всем,

hey guys and girls. Could you help me and advice in filing the documents for asylum since if you have success in obtaining the asylum status.

Can I do it by myself or will it be better to take the attorney?

hi folks!!
i've been reading your forum for 3 days. gotta say looooots of information.I'm also asylee (judje granted 12/20/08).but as much as i read i couldn't get few of my concerns answered.please help me with answers or direct me to the link(if it was discussed before).oh yeah .
i'm derivative asylee(spouse). and we both from different countries.prior i was out of status for 3 years.and my NP expired.so following questions:
1) can i go to my country(not COP) with RTD , but not to show it to my country's custom and use it for US entry.and if i do that i gotta change my NP. would it affect me later
2) if i'm going for 4-6 weeks do i need reentry permit?
3) i was told about benefits i can collect(health, food stamp, rent help even cash) but honestly those are the last things i wanna get.BUT i'm really interested in Financial aid for college. any specific places to look after?
have a good one everybody

You are eligible for financial aid. To get the ball rolling, you should fill out the FAFSA form online. It is from the US Department of Education. The DOE will match your information against immigration records and confirm that you are in fact eligible. They will also calcluate your basic eligibility for financial aid (i.e. how much you are expected to contribute given the resources you have).