Never Recieved Letter/Interview Date Has Passed

pelejr3

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys,

I decided to call the 800 to check on the status of my application to Norfolk, VA office (Pirority Date april 11, 2005). It turns out they sent me a invite for interview for November 1st back in October. I never recieved the letter. Now they recommended I do an INfopass to figure out what I can do about my case.

Has this ever happened to anybody? Missing their interview date? I asked the person on the phone and she said they usually just close the case, and you have to reopen it. << what does that mean.. sometimes cases do get denied tho.

Thanks,

Welcome to the club. I applied on June 22. Norfolk is my local office too. I have not even received my fingerprinting notice yet.

When did you get your FP notice?

Hi Pelejr3,

I was also in the same boat as you (didn't received any IL from the INS office), but in my case I was keeping tracking of the people in this forum who got the IL with the PD around mine and I waited for couple of weeks and took the Infopass appointment. When I went there I found that they posted my IL and I never received it and they gave me a duplcate copy to come for interview. In my case I found this problem 4 weeks earlier than my schedule interview date and I am done with interview, oath and applied for the passport now. I wish you all the best.

i applied around april 11.. my fingerprint came around beginning of august for like the next day..

and my letter never showed up for INS interview and its too late now..

i am little worried they might deny my case.. should i take a lawyer? or should i just go alone at first and problems arise take a lawyer the 2nd time around??

Hi

I received a letter yesterday stating that I missed my interview and need to explain why with in 30days. But I have never received any letter. As my wife and myself applied together, I called the service center several times why my interview is not scheduled along with my wifes. They told each application will treated separately and I am with in the the reasonable time frame and ask me keep calling after 30 days each time.

I took inforpass appointment for next week. Any one is/was in the same boat can give some pointers/your results.

Appreciate your help

Hi

I received a letter yesterday stating that I missed my interview and need to explain why with in 30days. But I have never received any letter. As my wife and myself applied together, I called the service center several times why my interview is not scheduled along with my wifes. They told each application will treated separately and I am with in the the reasonable time frame and ask me keep calling after 30 days each time.

I took inforpass appointment for next week. Any one is/was in the same boat can give some pointers/your results.

Appreciate your help

Aside from telling the truth, there is nothing you can do. I will advise you to put the fact that you never received an interview letter in written form, sign it, and date it. Make a copy of the letter for yourself, and hand the original in at the infopass. This creates a record of your correspondence/interaction with USCIS. Make sure you put down all the dates and times you called the service center in regards to your case. If you don't have the exact dates, give the month and number of times (e.g. 3x in March, 2x in Feb, etc). Mention the "standard" response you kept getting. Keep in mind that you will explain all this to the IO at the counter during the InfoPass, but it good to give them a written record to place in your A-file. Also, make a copy of the letter they sent you. I have a feeling they will keep the original. Make sure you keep a copy of the InfoPass appointment should you need to take this further if the outcome isn't favorable.

I think by giving you 30 days to respond, they have not automatically closed your case due to abadonment. So, you are good in that regards. I think they will schedule a second interview date.

I am assuming you haven't moved since filing since you mention your wife's case is going along well. If you have moved, you will need to provide proof that you have submitted the AR-11 form. Make sure you take that proof with you to the infopass as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attended infopass appointment and mentioned to the officer that I have not received the interview letter and and my calls to USCIS customer center with no updates. She took my letter and highlighted my request for re-sheduling the interview and asked to drop the letter along with the copy of notice they sent. I am not sure how many days it will take for them to reschedule the interview. Waitig for the interview letter.

Its more than 2 weeks after I attended the infopass, till now there is interview letter. Any idea how many days it will take to get response after the infopass

Its more than 2 weeks after I attended the infopass, till now there is interview letter. Any idea how many days it will take to get response after the infopass

Did they tell you what date the IL was sent out? It shouldn't take more than 7 business days to get to you. Consider it lost in the mail since you haven't received it.

I took the infopass because I received a letter stating that I missed my interview appointment. So I gave a letter providing all the information about the number of times I called to CSR asking why I didn't get interview letter etc. Office took the letter and told me that I will get my interview resheduled. So far, I didnt get any letter . So I wondering how many days it will take. I took one more infopass for next week to find the status

It could take several weeks to receive a rescheduled interview letter. Keep contacting USCIS and speak with an IO every 30 days for an update.

2nd info pass attended. Still interview date not scheduled. According to IO, its taking 2 to 3 months to get the dates. So will wait for another month and will take one more infopass.