• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Nepal Winners List your Interview Date

hey level headed.. are u going back to Nepal to do CP? im planning to do the same since my number is really high too AS00011XXX. im here on F1 visa. could u please tell me some more abt ur case?
Are you still studying or in OPT? Well in my case, i guess urs too, with such high case number CP is our only hope. I have frankly no hope of getting interview date, but if it does it will be surely in sep, and i am hoping in april i will be approved with H1, so if sth doesn;t work in CP process I will fall back on H1 which will start from Oct. If you have maintained your status here, I see no reason to have any hiccups in interview process in Nepal, and with your case number I am sure you will get interview in Aug/sep, so just be ready and cross ur fingers :D

Are you still studying or in OPT? Well in my case, i guess urs too, with such high case number CP is our only hope. I have frankly no hope of getting interview date, but if it does it will be surely in sep, and i am hoping in april i will be approved with H1, so if sth doesn;t work in CP process I will fall back on H1 which will start from Oct. If you have maintained your status here, I see no reason to have any hiccups in interview process in Nepal, and with your case number I am sure you will get interview in Aug/sep, so just be ready and cross ur fingers :D

I'm currently studying. will graduate in May. im gon hire a lawyer for my case and will let u know if i get any useful information. i will have a year of OPT after a graduate. so its not the fear of being out of status in my case. its abt expediting my process. if CP is faster than AOS i'd much rather do that .. given that im sure to get the Green card if i went back to Nepal. also i dont think i will be able to adjust my status my 30th sept 08. i think the process takes longer than just 2 months.
good luck on ur H1

Hello guys,
Thanks for all the communication.
For me and my family, our quest is complete.
Yesterday I recieved our passports and all the immigration packages with VISA and all the original documents we had submitted/posted from the embassy. And now, it's a new phase for planning to move to US.

hey saurav thank u soo much for all the info. i didnt think anyone would reply to my question. u mentioned FBI check.. whats that all abt? not that ive done anything illegal but a friend of mine has worked under his social security (in F1 visa) .. i told him abt what u said and now hes freaking out. they are linked with the IRS? i doubt that they are but i just wanna make a double check. AS2008000006100 and under is current right now. i hope ure one of them. good luck and pls keep us posted abt ur progress.
and yeah i will send them a money order of $385 right away.. and who do we pay the $1000 something to?

well! we pay $1010 when we file for AOS. it should be sent to chicago lockbox to USCIS (formerly INS). I am not 100% sure but i think they are going to check your history-whether u were involved in crime. And of course working illegally offcampus is a CRIME and probably even they dun have to get reports from IRS to knoe about that. I am not trying to scare the hell out of you, but i am quite sure about that..as it's the matter of a greencard if that is the case you should ask ur fren to consult a very good lawyer.

may be we should keep in touch, as our filing dates are exactly the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
well! we pay $1030 when we file for AOS. it should be sent to chicago lockbox to USCIS (formerly INS). I am not 100% sure but i think they are going to check your history-whether u were involved in crime. And of course working illegally offcampus is a CRIME and probably even they dun have to get reports from IRS to knoe about that. I am not trying to scare the hell out of you, but i am quite sure about that..as it's the matter of a greencard if that is the case you should ask ur fren to consult a very good lawyer.

may be we should keep in touch, as our filing dates are exactly the same.

ummm i wish i was as lucky. my number is really high.. AS00011XXX. i dont think it'll be current till august. but i know for sure urs will be in january. so good luck on that. im thinking abt goin to Nepal and doing CP instead. because i dont think my AOS will be completed in 2 months.

hi I am Santosh now from Boston.I am also Dv 2008 winner and case number7*** and i have an interview in March in US embassy of Nepal,but i am scared of losing of F-1 status.So do could you tell me that,i can re-enter US using my F-1 visa if i got denied in GC interview.Please mail me at lamsal_56@yahoo.com.

hi I am Santosh now from Boston.I am also Dv 2008 winner and case number7*** and i have an interview in March in US embassy of Nepal,but i am scared of losing of F-1 status.So do could you tell me that,i can re-enter US using my F-1 visa if i got denied in GC interview.Please mail me at lamsal_56@yahoo.com.
From what i've gathered from other threads here, if for some reason u get denied in the interview, ur F1 might be revoked, reason being F1 is for study and u have no intention to stay further after finishing whereas applying for GC means u obviously have intention to stay permanently in US. I know it sounds just plain stupid as far as the reasoning goes, but that's how it is, at least the way i have understood it. If you have maintained ur status here in US, no reason to worries, u will get GC.

hmm

Well! Since u r going to Nepal; i am sure u will get a GC, so dun worry abt ur F1.

2008AS00006***
FP: feb 8, 2008

Finally i decided to go for AOS.I don't wanna take risk.Anyway thanks a lot for you reply.Now i have one question about Affadavit of Support,do i need i-134 or i-864 or job offer?I do have some friend over here but u know they are woking in cash so they are not paying taxes.So do u have any idea about it.Can my father alone be an sponser for me?He has sufficient amount in the Bank account.Again thanks a lot for you reply

Finally i decided to go for AOS.I don't wanna take risk.Anyway thanks a lot for you reply.Now i have one question about Affadavit of Support,do i need i-134 or i-864 or job offer?I do have some friend over here but u know they are woking in cash so they are not paying taxes.So do u have any idea about it.Can my father alone be an sponser for me?He has sufficient amount in the Bank account.Again thanks a lot for you reply

ur sponsor has to be a U.S citizen or permanent resident.