• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Nepal Winners List your Interview Date

Fellow, I am in UAE now, and doing CP from KTM.. waiting for my number to be current then I'll be travelling to KTM for my interview. Do you know any any body who has sucessfully completed their CP from KTM?

Fellow, I am in UAE now, and doing CP from KTM.. waiting for my number to be current then I'll be travelling to KTM for my interview. Do you know any any body who has sucessfully completed their CP from KTM?

see pvt msg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anybody who is doing Adjustment of Status? I have started AOS processing and finished FP today.

CN :2008AS1***

hey guys... help me clear this confusion out pls... so you send ur AOS application to Chicago mailbox when ur number becomes current? or do u send it before that and wait for something else?
im in NC and my CN AS11XXX... i should have just gone to Nepal. it seems more complicated here!
arghhhhh

hi

hey guys... help me clear this confusion out pls... so you send ur AOS application to Chicago mailbox when ur number becomes current? or do u send it before that and wait for something else?
im in NC and my CN AS11XXX... i should have just gone to Nepal. it seems more complicated here!
arghhhhh

Though is ur number high, so is mine. I chose AOS because I do not want to risk my current F1 status by going back to Nepal. Now, doing AOS you must follow these step.

1. after u get ur winning letter, contact USCIS and ask if u can apply for AOS or adjustment of status.
2. If USCIS sends u a letter stating that u can Apply for AOS, than u have to move forward. Otherwise, if they say that u cannot apply for AOS than u have to either go to NEpal to do CP or counselor processing. This might happen, if u have violated ur status while staying In US, probalby unauthorized offcampus job etc.
3. Now start AOS by looking at VISA BULLETIN which comes every month and let u know when should you file your AOS. An AOS packet contains your I485, birth cerificate, medical document, other documents, $1030, Ur DV fee Receipt ETC.
4. So, before your number becomes current, send $375 to department of state as DV fee and they will send u a receipt which u have to send while filing I485, AOS packet to Chigago lockbox.
5. Also, do medical tests by USCIS certified doctors.
6. Now, after your number becomes current send your AOS packet to chcago.
7. Then, They will contact u to do finger print or Biomentric test. Probably they will perform FBI check , backgroung check etc.
8. After everything is done. U will get your intervew date.

so that's how AOS works, it took me a lot of hardworks to understand this simple process. But, correct me if i am wrong.
My only suggestion is DO NOT HIRE A LAWYER AS THESE THINGS CAN BE DONE BY URSELF, IT's no big deal.
Ur luck has made u a lottery winner and probably a greencard.

and, if ur number is really high, do not be afraid to do AOS, as it's a matter of $2000. u can earn it in a month, but returning to Nepal might be worse.................JUST A THOUGHT!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!

AS000060**
waiting 4 number to be current
5. B

Though is ur number high, so is mine. I chose AOS because I do not want to risk my current F1 status by going back to Nepal. Now, doing AOS you must follow these step.

If USCIS sends u a letter stating that u can Apply for AOS, than u have to move forward. Otherwise, if they say that u cannot apply for AOS than u have to either go to NEpal to do CP or counselor processing. This might happen, if u have violated ur status while staying In US, probalby unauthorized offcampus job etc.

I haven't heard about USCIS sending any such letter. Did u get any?

If USCIS sends u a letter stating that u can Apply for AOS, than u have to move forward. Otherwise, if they say that u cannot apply for AOS than u have to either go to NEpal to do CP or counselor processing. This might happen, if u have violated ur status while staying In US, probalby unauthorized offcampus job etc.

I haven't heard about USCIS sending any such letter. Did u get any?

yes! it sends a letter that you can now apply for adjustment of status, AOS. I received it in june. after 2.5 months of sending my DS froms to KCC.

Hi
I had an interview this week and unfortunately we had some problems. I would like to list it out here, if it would be helpful for you.
Documents
Problem 1. I had told you guys that they had asked for original citizenship certificate. But during the document processing, they asked for the translation of the certificate. As we had not prepared it (because it was not written necessary anywhere and when they had asked to bring the certificate during interview, they had not said it). However, it turned out that I wrote on a slip of a paper the translation of the certificate for me and my wife and it seems they were satisfied with it.
Problem 2. They asked for the original marriage certificate. This was a blunder on our part. We never realized that since we had the English marriage certificate, Nepali certificate was necessary.
Problem 3. They asked for the certificate of birth for my kid which was supposed to be obtained from the city office where he/she was born. Regarding birth certificates, we had taken the original birth certificate from the hospital, but they were not satisfied with it.

About Interview
The counselor did not asked anything really important. I want to believe that he was satisfied by whatever my documents were. He asked, how long was I in Japan, where I studied, what I studied and how long am I working for my current company. He also asked what I plan to do in US. I told him I will search for jobs in IT field, and also I will negotiate with my company to transfer me to its subsidiaries in US. He asked, if that is possible. I said "I can try and I am pretty optimistic about it" .
Then he asked us to sign the DS forms, take the oath and then told us to submit the other necessary documents (i.e. of 2 and 3). Because I have to go outside of Japan for 2 weeks, I asked him, "can I send my documents after 2 weeks and can I get my passport back". He told me, "there is no problem with it, but finish your processing within this month. Because there is no guarantee if it takes more than a month, there would be visa numbers available for you"

So, the status now is
I have asked for the documents for my kid to the city office where he/she was born (we are living in a different city now). I am going to submit my papers and passport after I am back to Japan which is at the end of this month.
So my situation is, I think (would like to believe) I will get the visa after I submit my documents, but have to live in sad anxious hell and full of uncertanities till I get the final answer.
What you guys think about the scenario above? It would be a great moral help if you guys offer your view. And if you need any more information on documents/interview and etc please contact.

Regards

Yes you are done Sagamihara_boy. After submitting required document you'll get visa. You've already taken the oath and signed the document. Best of luck boy. By the way have you done your interview from Japan?

Thanks Garyloves for the moral boost up.
I would like to believe that I am done! Btw, the oath is for saying that whatever I have written in DS is correct and sign also proves that, so that does not have anything to do with the result. Because they make you do that in the first place.
Btw, have you got your second letter?

Don't worry too much Sagamihara_boy. I believe you are done. it is only the matter of painful three week time. One of my friend in 2005 experienced the same problem however she got her visa one week after she had submitted her marriage certificate (in nepali).
Second letter not yet arrived. Eagerly waiting though...

Thanks for the reply Garyloves
Hope things work out well. I will be back on early 4th week of this month and send them the papers ASAP.
Hope you will be getting your second letter soon.

Hello guys,
Any progress on your stuffs?
What about you Fellow? You were supposed to be interviewed on Nov. Already finished or yet to come?
For me, I am back and have posted my passport and addtional documents. So waiting for the results.
Sagamihara boy
ASxx31xx
Interveiw date : 1st Week of Nov

1. after u get ur winning letter, contact USCIS and ask if u can apply for AOS or adjustment of status.
2. If USCIS sends u a letter stating that u can Apply for AOS, than u have to move forward. Otherwise, if they say that u cannot apply for AOS than u have to either go to NEpal to do CP or counselor processing. This might happen, if u have violated ur status while staying In US, probalby unauthorized offcampus job etc.
3. Now start AOS by looking at VISA BULLETIN which comes every month and let u know when should you file your AOS. An AOS packet contains your I485, birth cerificate, medical document, other documents, $1030, Ur DV fee Receipt ETC.
4. So, before your number becomes current, send $375 to department of state as DV fee and they will send u a receipt which u have to send while filing I485, AOS packet to Chigago lockbox.
5. Also, do medical tests by USCIS certified doctors.
6. Now, after your number becomes current send your AOS packet to chcago.
7. Then, They will contact u to do finger print or Biomentric test. Probably they will perform FBI check , backgroung check etc.
8. After everything is done. U will get your intervew date.

so that's how AOS works, it took me a lot of hardworks to understand this simple process. But, correct me if i am wrong.
My only suggestion is DO NOT HIRE A LAWYER AS THESE THINGS CAN BE DONE BY URSELF, IT's no big deal.
Ur luck has made u a lottery winner and probably a greencard.

and, if ur number is really high, do not be afraid to do AOS, as it's a matter of $2000. u can earn it in a month, but returning to Nepal might be worse.................JUST A THOUGHT!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!

AS000060**
waiting 4 number to be current
5. B

hey saurav thank u soo much for all the info. i didnt think anyone would reply to my question. u mentioned FBI check.. whats that all abt? not that ive done anything illegal but a friend of mine has worked under his social security (in F1 visa) .. i told him abt what u said and now hes freaking out. they are linked with the IRS? i doubt that they are but i just wanna make a double check. AS2008000006100 and under is current right now. i hope ure one of them. good luck and pls keep us posted abt ur progress.
and yeah i will send them a money order of $385 right away.. and who do we pay the $1000 something to?