Need your help

Kampu

Registered Users (C)
Dear Focks,

How are you?
I am going to attend the interview for H1B visa stamping for the first time. In the Form DS 156, there is a question regarding the relatives in USA. My parents are on green card and they are currently living in USA.

Should I mention about it in Form DS 156?

Also,my uncle petitioned for my family few years back. My parents got their visa, but I was over 21 yrs. and hence I couldn't get it.

Should I mention about my petitioner in Form DS 156?

Please give me your personal opinion and experiences.
I'd welcome all your feedback.

Thank you.
Jai Hind.

Regards,
Kempu

For your parents with LPR, you should mention it on DS156.
For your GC application, did your uncle apply for you too, but aged out, OR you were already over 21 and he did not file petition for you ?

Anyway, these questions are big deal for visas which do not allow dual intent.
H1 is dual intent visa, and answering these question YES should not affect your H1.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

Actually, my uncle filed the immigration petition for my dad. My name was also included in it. I was very young that time.
When we received the Visa interview call, I was already 24 yrs old.

Anyway, my parents are in U.S. now.
Should I mention my uncle's name as a petitioner?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Kampu

Please Help! I94 expired new I797 not received

Gurus:

I'm in H1B and my spouse is in H4 presently and our I94 (the bottom portion of I797) expired on 12.01.2005. From company lawyer's website we knew that our H1/H4 have been extended but we didn't receive any I797 yet! We've to visit to Canada recently but can't do it as we will be unable to come back to the USA without valid I94!

Isn't it illegal from my company/lawyer - don't they require to send me the I797 on or before it expires? Please help. Thanks!

dsudipta said:
Gurus:

I'm in H1B and my spouse is in H4 presently and our I94 (the bottom portion of I797) expired on 12.01.2005. From company lawyer's website we knew that our H1/H4 have been extended but we didn't receive any I797 yet! We've to visit to Canada recently but can't do it as we will be unable to come back to the USA without valid I94!

Isn't it illegal from my company/lawyer - don't they require to send me the I797 on or before it expires? Please help. Thanks!

it wouldn't help you by turning over blame to company/lawyer. they are least bothered to maintain your status. if your application was approved before current I-94 expired then you shouldn't be worried. ask your employer/lawyer to forward new I-797 with I-94 before you leave US.

Kampu said:
\Actually, my uncle filed the immigration petition for my dad. My name was also included in it. I was very young that time.
When we received the Visa interview call, I was already 24 yrs old.

Anyway, my parents are in U.S. now.
Should I mention my uncle's name as a petitioner?
Since your uncle filed immigration petition for you too, you need to explain this in Q36 of DS156.
It shouldn't be an issue for H1 application, though.

Thank you

Dear Friends & well-wishers,

Thank you for all your valuable feedback.
I really appreciate it.

Best luck.

Regards,
Kampu