need to now if i can apply for h1b visa

spidey_spins_u

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I have a 3 year Bachelor degree from India. I came to USA on a student visa this year. I am pursuing a 2 year AS degree. Can i apply for H1 visa after completing the first year of my study here. Because i did not have a 4 year degree from India i could not apply for H1 before. Is it possible that after finishing 1 year of study here i could apply for H1 visa?
I dont have any work experience here or in india. all i did was a 3 year Bachelor degree and came here as a student. What i want to know is that can i apply for H1b after finishing 1 year of my AS degree here. Will that additional 1 year of college level education add to my 3 year degree and make it equivalent to a 4 year US bachelor degree(which is the requirement for h1b)?

spidey_spins_u said:
Hi! I have a 3 year Bachelor degree from India. I came to USA on a student visa this year. I am pursuing a 2 year AS degree. Can i apply for H1 visa after completing the first year of my study here. Because i did not have a 4 year degree from India i could not apply for H1 before. Is it possible that after finishing 1 year of study here i could apply for H1 visa?
I dont have any work experience here or in india. all i did was a 3 year Bachelor degree and came here as a student. What i want to know is that can i apply for H1b after finishing 1 year of my AS degree here. Will that additional 1 year of college level education add to my 3 year degree and make it equivalent to a 4 year US bachelor degree(which is the requirement for h1b)?
Do not post your question in all the threads.

want to start thread for H1B issues

Hi,
I am currenlty on an L1 visa which has expired but I94 is valid.
I work for employer A.
An american company B has filed for my H1B which has been approved.
The H1B has a mention of my I94 number
I can start working from October 1, 2005.
My question is

1. How many days does the process of change of status of visa take.
What documents need to be sent to INS. when do i need to send the docs.

2. Can a third company C transfer the H1B to their name bypassing the copmany B altogether?
Or is there a minimum period for which I need to work for employer B before I become eligible to transfer my H1 and work for a new employer C.

It migth take 1 month the change of status. The third company C can apply a different new one file for H1B for you, this will take some time in between you must work for the B company.
You can find legall help on www.usimmigrationforall.com