need suggestions

NC001

Registered Users (C)
I will be laid off by current employer by the end of June. My current employer told me this news on May. I start to find another job on May. Now I may get 2 offers:
1) One is local company, same position title as my current employer; salary is almost same as my current salary.
2) The other one is in Boston area (now I'm in North Carolina), same position title, better job and good salary. I think Boston will be better place than the place I work now.

My I485/I140 was submitted one year ago. I140 is approved.
I may need to make a choice to accept one offer from the above two.
If accepting the local one, my address is not changed, my application is still under TSC (Texas). The INS may do not know I changed my job if my current employer does not inform INS (I do not know if they will).

If accepting the one in Boston area, I need to inform INS that my address has been changed and my application will be move to Vermont Service Center.

Please give me some suggestion which one I should take.

Another question is:

Need I tell INS I change my job after I start work on my new employer?

Thanks!

I don’t think your application will move from one centre to another centre, because I moved from Kansas to Texas my case did not move ….

It is always best to inform USCIS regarding your change of job ……

Thanks
Shashi

Kansas is under TSC service area. Your case will not be tranferred.
But Boston is under Vermont.

NC001 said:
I will be laid off by current employer by the end of June. My current employer told me this news on May. I start to find another job on May. Now I may get 2 offers:
1) One is local company, same position title as my current employer; salary is almost same as my current salary.
2) The other one is in Boston area (now I'm in North Carolina), same position title, better job and good salary. I think Boston will be better place than the place I work now.

My I485/I140 was submitted one year ago. I140 is approved.
I may need to make a choice to accept one offer from the above two.
If accepting the local one, my address is not changed, my application is still under TSC (Texas).
The INS may do not know I changed my job if my current employer does not inform INS (I do not know if they will).
----- even if employer informs, USCIS is NOT going to revoke your I-140 as your I-485 is pending more than 180 days AND I-140 is approved, you only need to get job in same similar skills, you are safe
If accepting the one in Boston area, I need to inform INS that my address has been changed and my application will be move to Vermont Service Center.
------ it is NOT must that your I-485 will get transfred to VSC, it will remain with the service center where it is pending ( you must NOT request the Transfer to VSC) file EAD renewal, or AP with the service center where your I-485 is pending. generaly if they have any issue then they may transfer to local USCIS office in Boston for interview (5-10 % chance)
if you move do the below:
1 file form AR11 for address change ( if dependents are with you send the form for them also)
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485 ( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your name, DOB, A# on cover letter, sign the cover letter make copy of that letter and keep the copy with you. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE
*** do the all 1,2,3
Please give me some suggestion which one I should take.
------that is upto you
Another question is:

Need I tell INS I change my job after I start work on my new employer?
------- I prefer to update USCIS with new employer letter+ your intent change letter to use AC21
** remember if any RFE for I-485 then it will go to lawyer who filed I-485, if you move then hire your lawyer fill up Form G28 and let the lawyer send it to USCIS so that USCIS will have new lawyer info on record for your I-485 or any other pending application like EAD,AP. lawyer can also request your new address change on your pending I-485 with USCIS. Hire the lawyer who can also help you to prepare AC21 letter and can reply if any RFE, better clear everthing before you hire and clear the fees
Thanks!