Need Suggestions On H1b Process

nehajignesh

Registered Users (C)
HELLO ALL,

WE JUST GOT OUR VISA FROM L2 TO H1B WE HAD DONE PREMIUM PROCESS ,NOW CAN ANY ONE TELL ME AS TO WHAT IS THE NEXT PROCESS TO BE DONE AS I WANT TO GET GREEN CARD AS FAST AS POSSIBLE .CAN SOMEONE TELL ME AFTER GETTING H1B APPROVED THEN CAN I FILE FOR LC IF YES HOW MUCH TIME AND HOW SAFE IS IT NOW ON LC ISSUES I WILL HAVE TO FILE AT TEXAS AS I FALL IN THAT JURISDICTION.

ALSO I ONE OF MY FRIENDS LAWYER SAID THAT IT TAKES 1 YR FOR LC AND THEN GC TAKES AROUND FURTHER 1 YEAR IS THAT TRUE IS H PROCESS SO LENGHTY THEN L1A PROCESS AS MY L1 IS DUE TO EXPIRE NEXT MONTH.

PLS REPLY AS TO WHICH WAY SHOULD I GO H1 OR L1A PROCESS IN ORDER TO GET GC DONE QUICK .I FEEL L1A PROCESS IS TUFF BECUASE U GOT TO HAVE BUSINESS PLUS SHOW 4 TO 5 EMPLOYEES PAY THERE TAXES AND SHOW BUSINESS GOING ON IN INDIA AS I AM SELF EMPLOYED.

GUYS NEED SOME GOOD SUGGESTIONS :confused:

Using capitals is like shouting. Avoid that.:)
It does not matter whether you are in H1 or in L1. GC is independent of these 2 visas. GC is for a future position that can become available in your company.
For GC based on employment , the position is more important than your qualifications. Regular LC can take upto 2 years. adjustment in texas takes more than 2 years.
If you qualify for EB1 category then the processing might be faster. Otherwise you might be a EB2 or a EB3 category...

Read the FAQ and other sites.

Originally posted by jaxen
Using capitals is like shouting. Avoid that.:)
It does not matter whether you are in H1 or in L1. GC is independent of these 2 visas. GC is for a future position that can become available in your company.
For GC based on employment , the position is more important than your qualifications. Regular LC can take upto 2 years. adjustment in texas takes more than 2 years.
If you qualify for EB1 category then the processing might be faster. Otherwise you might be a EB2 or a EB3 category...

Read the FAQ and other sites.

i know investing is like shouting but no choice but my only concern is getting green card so i have no proper knowledge about this h1 process as i am very keen to file LC and then GC as i spoke to my lawyer she says LC takes around 1 yr under fast process and then if u approve for that then i-140 and GC together can be done so we are looking at good 2.5 yr process.well i am also looking forward to go to india and she says its not safe to go as i would have to face bombay consulate for stamping.:confused: further based on ur above question my wife as h1 on accountant position and she always can get upgraded to senior accountant level 2 just for making h-1 process to be more stronger as my sponsoring company is strong as they have 32 employees and 4 pharmacy but it is not a chain it is being owned by indian.

so considering that in mind .

pls reply

What is your concern? Is your question which is faster you (on L1) pursueing GC or if your wife pursueing GC? Nobody can tell. As I said the GC is dependent on the employment categories. Each stage has its own idiosyncrasies. Go to the LC forum to find the actual processing time and specific examples.

My suggestion: Both initiate GC and pursue it.