• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need some urgent help

islammanjurul

Registered Users (C)
I am from Bangladesh.My brother won dv-2005 and also received his second letter.There was a problem arised after receiving the 2nd letter.It was mentioned on the instruction paper that he has to submit his educational paper including admit card and registration card.Those papers were written in bengali language.So when he received those paper he sent them to educational board to do the necessary translation.The board kept the original bengali paper and gave him the english version.However, after receiving the 2nd letter,we were known that consulate officer will not allow any translation from educational board.There is no way to get them back.My brother had his bachelor degree in computer science from a well reputated and highly prefered private university.He has arranged a job in USA and a very strong sponsorship.Doing this mistake, he immidiately inform the consulate by both mail and e-mail.But,as people here at immigration portal are very professional, so i am requesting you to give me some useful advices so there will be a very less chance for refusal on the interview day.He has only two week from interview day.

are you talking about a high school diploma? If it is in English, your brother will be fine. have him also bring a proof of his degree from the university, a copy of it and a translation (certified).

When a document is in a language other than ENglish, a translation of it is required. The translation can be done by anyone who knows both languages. The translator needs to certify the translation by adding a certification like this at the bottom of the page:

Certification by Translator

I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and xxxxxxxxxxx languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled xxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Signature
Date Typed Name
Address

That is all that's needed. Since you already have an English translation of the high school diploma, you shouldn't have any problems. Your brother should also bring an original and a copy of the job offer in the States.

Dear LucyMO,I have written that my brother has all the paper in english,but the consulate also asked for original Bengali language paper too.But,since i have translated them,the educational board kept the original bengali one's and they are not returnable.Also,the consulate mentioned that translation from educational board is not acceptable.So if now i make the translation from other source(like one you mentioned),it does not ensure that i will get the original bengali paper.And since i have the translation already then why a translator will provide me another one???I just wanted to know that,what shall be done now at this critical situation????how i will convinced that there is nothing fraud(it is true that there is nothing fraud)with the educational paper,but was a mistake since it was not mentioned anywhere that educational board's translation is not acceptable(also it takes a very long time to get the translation,so my brother already prapared them in advances).....but no original bengali language is with him now-----but the consulate need them....

THANKS lucyMO FOR YOUR REPLY...LOOKING FURTHER FOR YOUR MORE HELP
(PLEASE HELP MY BROTHER TO IMMIGRATE,PLEASE)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to help him. He could probably beg someone for the original document. If he is unsuccessful, he should take the English translations that he has, and the university degree proof and a job offer with him. Good luck!