Need some advice

uyghurgirl

I am a GC holder since 2006 based on AS. I would like to invite my dad to visit me. I have to idea where to start. Need some advice please.

Thanks.

I am a GC holder since 2006 based on AS. I would like to invite my dad to visit me. I have to idea where to start. Need some advice please.

Thanks.

Are you from China? You know, people from Uyghur are different from the rest of China.

Anyways, you will see in this forums several threads with GC holders that want to bring their parents to the USA. The truth is that not the majority are successful. In fact most are denied because they are considered "potential immigrants".

Your parents should try obtaining a visitor's visa, just to see how it goes. If that doesn't work, you will have to wait until you become citizen.

Mozzer

Thanks.

Having GC will not give your parents an advantage to get visitor visa, the reverse may be true. They suppose to apply for tourist visa and preferably not mentioning your GC at all.

If they can afford their own tickets and spending money, have them apply on their own merit (showing bank accounts and other assets) without you involved to "invite" or "sponsor" them. There is a question on the application where it asks about close relatives in the US, that's the only place they should mention you. The closer their ties appear to be to you, the lower their chances of getting the visa.

If they can afford their own tickets and spending money, have them apply on their own merit (showing bank accounts and other assets) without you involved to "invite" or "sponsor" them. There is a question on the application where it asks about close relatives in the US, that's the only place they should mention you. The closer their ties appear to be to you, the lower their chances of getting the visa.

Thank you for ur advice.

Are you from China? You know, people from Uyghur are different from the rest of China.

Anyways, you will see in this forums several threads with GC holders that want to bring their parents to the USA. The truth is that not the majority are successful. In fact most are denied because they are considered "potential immigrants".

Your parents should try obtaining a visitor's visa, just to see how it goes. If that doesn't work, you will have to wait until you become citizen.

Mozzer

Yes I am uyghur.(Proudly..)
I see what you mean. well..I will try, otherwise looks like I have to wait till end of next year.

PRC has 56 ethnic groups, the largest (HAN) is 92% of the population. The other 55 groups collectively form the other 8%.
I am a sinophile and thus had to comment :)

PRC has 56 ethnic groups, the largest (HAN) is 92% of the population. The other 55 groups collectively form the other 8%.
I am a sinophile and thus had to comment :)

OFFTOPIC

I know, but even the so called Han ethnic group is quite diverse.
Anyway, uyghur people isn't very much physically than a Chinese; they are even blonde and blue-eyed :)

END OF OFFTOPIC

Yeah, as mentioned above, your parents will have to apply on their own and if possible, not to mention you.

Mozzer