• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Need information for pregnant women

sohel07

Registered Users (C)
Hello

My wife is DV2007 winner. When she had her medical exam for DV interview in January , we were unable to say she is pregnant. Thats came out in Februray. Now the due date is mid September. Does she has to inform consular office now?

Please give us information what to do.

Hello

My wife is DV2007 winner. When she had her medical exam for DV interview in January , we were unable to say she is pregnant. Thats came out in Februray. Now the due date is mid September. Does she has to inform consular office now?

Please give us information what to do.

Hi,
Did u get the visa? if yes y don't u travel b4 the baby is due. Alternatively, u need to re-visit the consulate when the baby is born.

Hi

Hi,
Did u get the visa? if yes y don't u travel b4 the baby is due. Alternatively, u need to re-visit the consulate when the baby is born.

Not yet. But the problem if we odnt get visa before August, it will be tough for my wife to attend in the Consular office again on August and Sep. And i think they will not give us visa until the baby born by this time DV2007 will be expired. What do you think?

Not yet. But the problem if we odnt get visa before August, it will be tough for my wife to attend in the Consular office again on August and Sep. And i think they will not give us visa until the baby born by this time DV2007 will be expired. What do you think?

I certainly feel u will need to discuss your issue with the Consulate, but note I don't think the Consulate will give you a visa without the baby.

My concern for u is that during the medicals were u speifically asked the condition of your wife, if so did u answer otherwise. If not, then it makes it possible to approach the Consulate to request for an additional visa.

Y is your visa taking so long? (Wouldn't like u to complicate the situation with the baby). I suggest u wait for the intial visa and therafter visit the Consulate after the baby is born; am aware that a new born can still travel at a very early age though not advisable.

My thots

Sohel
If you get the visa before your wife does not cross 36 weeks of her pregnancy then enter USA immediately. "Most airlines allow pregnant women to fly up to and including the 36th week, provided the pregnancy has been straightforward.
Under IATA guidelines, pregnant women are allowed to fly in weeks 36 to 38 if the flying time does not exceed four hours.” However, many airlines will not carry pregnant women after 36 weeks - make sure you check with the airline.
If your wife get visa after 36 weeks and then you have to wait for the delivery and report KCC and consulate immediately, I believe consulate can not issue a visa without the existence of a person based on pregnancy.

I think your wife also need to stay close to the embassy so that she can pick her own visa ( I do not know exactly she needs to pick up the visa in person or ASK embassy) . So if you do not hear from consulate before 36 weeks of pregnancy then, go back to Dhaka around 30-36 wks and wait for the visa. Once she gets that and right after the birth of your child report KCC and embassy and get the visa. (from you previous post I believe you live in UK and consulate office at Dhaka). Say if your wife delivers the baby on mid September then you can try at least, call KCC and if they ask papers send it by FEDEDX and go to the embassy. KCC usually responds very quickly, so if needed they may send the papers to embassy within a day or two.

But I hope she will get the visa very soon.

Rahim

Sohel
If you get the visa before your wife does not cross 36 weeks of her pregnancy then enter USA immediately. "Most airlines allow pregnant women to fly up to and including the 36th week, provided the pregnancy has been straightforward.
Under IATA guidelines, pregnant women are allowed to fly in weeks 36 to 38 if the flying time does not exceed four hours.” However, many airlines will not carry pregnant women after 36 weeks - make sure you check with the airline.
If your wife get visa after 36 weeks and then you have to wait for the delivery and report KCC and consulate immediately, I believe consulate can not issue a visa without the existence of a person based on pregnancy.

I think your wife also need to stay close to the embassy so that she can pick her own visa ( I do not know exactly she needs to pick up the visa in person or ASK embassy) . So if you do not hear from consulate before 36 weeks of pregnancy then, go back to Dhaka around 30-36 wks and wait for the visa. Once she gets that and right after the birth of your child report KCC and embassy and get the visa. (from you previous post I believe you live in UK and consulate office at Dhaka). Say if your wife delivers the baby on mid September then you can try at least, call KCC and if they ask papers send it by FEDEDX and go to the embassy. KCC usually responds very quickly, so if needed they may send the papers to embassy within a day or two.

But I hope she will get the visa very soon.

Thanks. You gave me important and useful information, Thanks a lot,

if the baby is born after you get the visas but before you enter the US using them, the baby does not need a separate visa:

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942001N.PDF

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to Parent
(TL:VISA-481; 10-31-2002)
The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a visa if the child is:
(1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa
(see also 9 FAM 42.1 N2); or
(2) Born during the mother’s temporary visit abroad provided:
(a) Admission is within two years of birth; and
(b) Either accompanying parent is applying for readmission upon first return after the birth of the child.

9 FAM 42.1 N2.3 Evidence of Parent-Child Relationship
(TL:VISA-49; 10-30-1991)
To facilitate the admission of children under the provisions of 9 FAM 42.1 N2.1, consular officers shall instruct parents to have with them documentary evidence of the parent-child relationship.

i got confused .

Hi no need to be.
The best compromise solution is,
after you got your green card, ask your consulate about their opinion on your case.
In fact,why don't you contact them now to know for sure.

Even if they say they do not need to process anything and you can just enter USA,
still right after your Baby is born, made a passport for your baby (separate passport then the parents is the best),
and go again to your consulate,
asking them if they need to give you certain letter/document to make it easier for your when you enter the POrt in USA.
This way, it is perfectly safe for your baby.

so pick up the phone/e-mail your consulate right now,I am sure they will answer your question.
(you might need to tell them also about the law explain above by Lucy Mo,if somehow your local consulate is confused,cause some of the consulate staff is a newbie and do not aware of such law).
Be polite and keep your emotion under control when talking to this consulate officer.
Hope it turn well for you.Good luck

Hi no need to be.
The best compromise solution is,
after you got your green card, ask your consulate about their opinion on your case.
In fact,why don't you contact them now to know for sure.

Even if they say they do not need to process anything and you can just enter USA,
still right after your Baby is born, made a passport for your baby (separate passport then the parents is the best),
and go again to your consulate,
asking them if they need to give you certain letter/document to make it easier for your when you enter the POrt in USA.
This way, it is perfectly safe for your baby.

so pick up the phone/e-mail your consulate right now,I am sure they will answer your question.
(you might need to tell them also about the law explain above by Lucy Mo,if somehow your local consulate is confused,cause some of the consulate staff is a newbie and do not aware of such law).
Be polite and keep your emotion under control when talking to this consulate officer.
Hope it turn well for you.Good luck

Thanks a lot

you probably mean an immigrant visa, not a GC, since they will get their GCs only after they enter the US with their immigrant visas.

you will have your interview octobre or novembre so if you can deleivre after that it's not a problem