Need immediate help: Please help me if you have this information

kapuro

We got married two years ago and we filed all the paperwork including I130 and I485 for my greencard. My wife is a US citizen.

I have recently received interview date and they have told me to bring all the paperwork including medical (In sealed envelope), Affidavit of support and other documents.
We had already filed these will our application two years ago. I spoke to my lawyer who wrote me back a one liner just tell them you had already filed the documents. However I called USCIS number on the paper and was transferred to the customer service. She told me to bring new Medical but old affidavit of support would be ok but then there was this one more question I had which she couldn't answer and she in turn transferred me to immigration officer. When I told him my questions, he said we don't have to bring new medical but would need new Affidavit of support.

We are totally confused. We have 8 days before this interview. Please let me know if anyone has been in the same situation and if you would have information about this.

I would appreciate your help in this regards!!

Thanks!!

Simple solution

Don't over think

take another medical and keep with you and take to interview. Type or write another AFdvit of support and take with you.

If the immigration officer ask you, you will have in your hands.If they don't ask you, You just waist the money from the medical(no big deal)

Is not the perfect solution but a least you get over with this thing that is buging you.

Have a nice day and go for a walk.

:)

HELP Need

Hi Krona,

Thanks for the info.

I have another question. Since the time we married, my wife got in to a law school and now I am the one who is working. In Affidavit of support since she doesn't have any income and I am the one working how do we show support.

Thanks

You do NOT need a new medical

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693Extn120204Pub.pdf

To: Regional Directors
Service Center Directors
District Directors
Associate Director
Operations
Date: December 2, 2004

Re: Extension of Validity of Medical Certifications on Form I-693

This memorandum temporarily extends the validity of civil surgeon endorsements on Form I-693 for certain adjustment of status applicants.
For adjustment of status applicants, the endorsement of a civil surgeon on Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is generally valid for one year. Some adjustment of status applications are concurrently filed with an immigrant visa petition as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2). These applications are filed with a Form I-693 as required by 8 CFR 245.5. Some of these applications remain pending for more than the one-year validity period.

In a policy memorandum dated January 8, 2004, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) extended the validity of the civil surgeon endorsement on Form I-693 until the adjustment of status application could be adjudicated. This policy was issued in consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is limited to those applications where no Class A or Class B medical condition was certified. The policy is in effect until January 1, 2005.

Due to the continuing backlog of some concurrently filed adjustment of status applications, the validity of the civil surgeon’s endorsement on Form I-693, when submitted in support of a concurrently filed adjustment of status application as provided for at 8 CFR 245.2(a)(2), is extended until the time of adjudication if no Class A or Class B medical condition is certified by the civil surgeon. This policy is in effect until January 1, 2006.

Questions regarding the above policy should be directed via DHS electronic mail to the HQ Office of Program and Regulation Development (OPRD).
HQ 70/21.1.1-P
20 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20529

kapuro said:
Hi Krona,

Thanks for the info.

I have another question. Since the time we married, my wife got in to a law school and now I am the one who is working. In Affidavit of support since she doesn't have any income and I am the one working how do we show support.

Thanks

You can fill out I-864A and make yourself cosponsor.

Definitely don't need a new medical, but need a new affidavit with new 1040 forms for more recent years.