need help!!

ban_may22

Registered Users (C)
i applied for n400 on august 26, 2008 got my finger printing done on september 20, 2008..how long do i have to wait for my interview letter?im so stressed...pls help...i wanted to go home in my country but i cant...

It's different for different people. I don't think anyone will know how long your process wil take. From my application to my interview it took 2 years 3 months. I have a friend from Canada. His process from application to oath took under 4 months. We both lived in Seattle, WA and worked at the same company. I'm a few days away from my oath day. :)

Good luck

How long did you want to return to your country for? You can still travel for short periods while you're waiting for FP, interview or oath.

i applied for n400 on august 26, 2008 got my finger printing done on september 20, 2008..how long do i have to wait for my interview letter?im so stressed...pls help...i wanted to go home in my country but i cant...

I waited for 23 months for my interview. But I was stuck in the Name Check process. So if you are like the majority of people that sail through the Name Check pipeline then it should be a lot quicker. If you get stuck in the Name Check process (part of the Background Check USCIS conducts) then there is no telling how long it will take. USCIS' usual response to any inquiries in this regards (through INFOPASS or phone call) is the standard "1-2 years."

AP

Why stressed...

chillout man. You have your GC for travel !! If you like you can make infopass appt. and talk to a IO but I think it is too soon to worry about.

well dont worry you should be fine........i applyed for my citizenship on July of 2007 and was scheduled for FP on September 20th and then on April 29 i had my Interview......If you want to leave country, then you can do it for 6 months per 12 months.......so if you will not be here for 6 months it will be ok.......i did it.......i was away for 6 months then when my parents received Interview letter they called me and told me to come back, so i did and had my interview.......good luck with everything!!!!!!

Yes, you do need help. What's up with people, having your finger prints taken in less than a month since your application in itself is super fast. Not saying your misery is lesser than my misery, but you need to get some perspective here.

I think the OP wants their citizenship so they can go permanently back to their country of origin and not worry about losing the GC since they will be a citizen.

The exact answer is known only to GOD.

But if you post your service centre detail other people can provide you with some statistics.

In the mean while you can also search through various forums for general trend for each service centre.

Short travel may be possible (in weeks) if you keep a record of it. Talk to an IO for exact procedure.

Best of luck.