Need Help!

dr. imran

Hi there. I'm new to this forum and joined with the hope that it'll help me. Me and my wife both are doctors by profession currently settled in Saudi Arabia. We are done with the USMLE Step-I and are currently working for Step-II. My wife is a US citizen and I am a Pakistani National. We applied for immigiration and are already through with the I-130 petition. Now for the second step of immigration process, we have to submit the security clearance stuff and the I-864. Since my wife is here with me in Saudi Arabia and isn't currently working and I am the only one who' s working here, we have a problem with the sponsorship thing as we need to show an asset worth of 55,000$ i.e. three times above the poverty line ( which is a way to big amount :confused: ). Now I had a couple of concerns for which I hope someone can guide us.....

1- We have some jewelery and I own a car here as well. Besides that I dont have much in the bank. Will these be counted???? What shall I do??? Will my annual salary make any difference???

2- If we look for a co-sponsor, then what are the problems which we and the co-sponsor may face????

3- After taking Step-II CK, I will be applying for the CS and for that I have to visit US for sure. Which visa'd be suitable for that????????

4- If anyone can help suggesting us an easy and simple way keeping in mind our circumstances, I shall be really grateful.

Looking forward to hear soon. Thanks.......

Your situation is complicated. Get a good immigration lawyer. Regarding visiting US for CS, most people take B1 visa, but that may not be possible for you, as you have already shown intent to immigrate.

Please send a personal message to me. I will guide you on the sponsership issues. Where are your wife's parents or relatives?

Hi there. I'm new to this forum and joined with the hope that it'll help me. Me and my wife both are doctors by profession currently settled in Saudi Arabia. We are done with the USMLE Step-I and are currently working for Step-II. My wife is a US citizen and I am a Pakistani National. We applied for immigiration and are already through with the I-130 petition. Now for the second step of immigration process, we have to submit the security clearance stuff and the I-864. Since my wife is here with me in Saudi Arabia and isn't currently working and I am the only one who' s working here, we have a problem with the sponsorship thing as we need to show an asset worth of 55,000$ i.e. three times above the poverty line ( which is a way to big amount :confused: ). Now I had a couple of concerns for which I hope someone can guide us.....

1- We have some jewelery and I own a car here as well. Besides that I dont have much in the bank. Will these be counted???? What shall I do??? Will my annual salary make any difference???

2- If we look for a co-sponsor, then what are the problems which we and the co-sponsor may face????

3- After taking Step-II CK, I will be applying for the CS and for that I have to visit US for sure. Which visa'd be suitable for that????????

4- If anyone can help suggesting us an easy and simple way keeping in mind our circumstances, I shall be really grateful.

Looking forward to hear soon. Thanks.......